1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hmm. The front page of SP isn't fully loading for me. Just keeps stopping half way.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    C'mon Kit, we all know that $200 at Victoria's Secret for skimpy to non-existent clothes for your wife translates into a gift primarily for YOU not her.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh. Page is back :)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't think Sal would ever consider getting any sort of clothing, for public or private use, for myself :lol: Probably better, then I can surprise him :D

He's told me off for spending too much on his present again :(
    He knew I was buying him trousers, which are from an expensive brand, but he was in a bad mood earlier and I hate seeing him unhappy, so I offered him an early gift to cheer him up, (put it in a box to hide it when I took it to him in case he refused.)

He did refuse, an hour later in my room he suddenly twigged
    "Hang on, you bought me a second present???"

He's always so shocked when I spend money on him, bless him. He makes me so happy, he means more to me than any amount of capital, so if I can spend it on something I know he'll like and enjoy I won't hesitate. He does the same to me anyway.

Actually I owe him £180 atm, £150 for a car parking space for the year at the uni accomidation (paying halves, £300 just to have a sodding car parking space.) and £30 from when I lost access to my money.

Looks like I'm also going to have to start eating red meat for a while. Where I've been ill I've lost a lot of blood, even I have noticed I'm paler :lol: Where I'm quite olivey it just looks like I'm jaundiced if I get too pale. I'll look like a smiley! :xx:

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    6 o'clock, might as well give up trying to sleep now and go make some extra strong coffee...

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of coffee - I love the stuff. Unfortunately I don't seem to be reacting to it well lately. Something in it makes me really tired in an unnatural way. Tea on the other hand seems to do the trick when it comes to a little artificial energy.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Tonight has late night written all over it...

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    No lectures today.

It would be a fine day if it didn't involve bureaucracy.

I need an early lunch :p.

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Urgh, waking up is the worst bit of the day. I think I need a nice hot cup of tea...

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So tired.... Need more caffeine!

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    My game reflexes are starting to slow down.

Need More Sugar! :spin:

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    6 hours in the lab - my clothes smell like allyl bromide, I've successfully dodged a lacrimator that usually wins :p (2-bromobenzyl bromide), salts have crystallised and the yields are good.

A fine day. (I have forgotten to go to the post office, but then again, no day is perfect).

*sits and watches the snow fall*

martaug likes this.
  13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Trell's adventures: I was playing WoW and used the "R" or "Reply" button to speak with my friend. We always use all caps and yell "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH" to each other every five seconds.
    Now this other guy started talking to me and I didn't notice (again it's the reply button), so me and a complete stranger yelled "YEAAAAH" to each other for about 2 minutes. I said something about tea being the best drink ever invented and that my Blood Elf had a totally cool haircut, in Finnish. He then asked if I was in any illegal substances "YEAAAAH" I answered.
    It was when he asked where I was from that I noticed who I was talking to.
    How to save your butt in this situation? Remain cool and answer "Yes" to his original question and say you were meaning to talk to someone else. Then yell "YEAAAAAH" again.
    Or run and logout like I did.

Moral of the story: Don't play WoW. Or something.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...pretty much. :p The funny thing is, when she does wear it, it doesn't stay on her for very long. :love:

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Mom got engaged?

o.0

And I NEED finals to be over. Right now. I want to go home.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I could gloat...But I'm above that :)

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Trell: I figure that I don't have the time to play WoW enough to justify the cost of the Game cards...

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My semester is over, but the fun is just beginning. Since I work in the systems department at the school, I'm going nuts with domain migration during finals week. Methinks it would be better to not try to move any faculty members this week, doing so is just inviting trouble to walk right in the door.

ION, my mother had her followup with the cardiologist, and she somehow managed to avoid massive damage to her heart, despite the 45 minutes it took for the hospital to resuscitate her. Needless to say, she's been told to drop a lot of weight. No more fast food for this house. Luckily, when we cook, we tend to cook healthy.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Good to hear your mother is ok Stefanina.

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Does shooting zombies for 5 hours last night count as doing Virology work? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.