1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ahhh, did it again. I've been at work almost 2 hours (yeah, had to come in early, which meant getting up early), I look down, and I'm wearing . . . shoes from two different pairs. Same color, same heel height, similar style . . but different enough to tell! Comes of getting dressed in the near dark (we're on the western edge of time zone here and stupid old DST is still in effect, will be till November, idiot Congress . . . grumble grumble grumble :p ) and just shoving feet into shoes toed out from the motley pile by the closet . . .
    ION, I'm still glad I took the time off even if I am now well and truly paying for it with piled up overdue work.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...don't feel too bad. Waaaaaay back in my freshman year of high school, I had to get up at 5am to get ready for swim team practice. It was cold that morning, so I slipped a sweater on while I was getting ready. Long story short, I got to school and realized I never put a shirt on under my sweater...and by noon it was in the low 90's. I literally had to sweat the rest of the day out. :bad: :rolling:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Loreseeker
    ...uhhh that reminds me that I owe you a recipe for chocolate icecream. I will dig it out of the icecream maker bag that I have stored above my cupboards. You think there might be a possibility that you can share your recipe? You could post it in the cooking in general if you wanted.

@Revmaf - I think you have an interesting sense of style. :D :D Odd shoes and full moons - you would make a real impact if you combined those components ;).

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Decados yeait is pretty bad, and it is rising sadly, but she is used to it now.

she is considering laser eye surgery, should be very safe and reliable, though as the years go by the eyes may return to the same stage they where in, hers is so bad though that the state will pay when she's 24 or something

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Something tells me that my quest for sleep may be put on ice by Facebook apps...

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I am 10 diopters myopic myself, with astigmatism added just to make things fun. I gave up on contacts years ago, just not worth the fuss.
    After I am out of school and (hopefully) earning real money, I will consider correction surgery.

ION, I managed to cut a large chunk of flesh from the tip of my right index finger. I have no clue how. I was driving at the time, but there are no sharp objects in the vehicle, and this was a very clean cut. It hurts now, and is making typing difficult, so I apologize for any typos that may occur.

7. Dice

Media:
    I don't see any typos Stef - you had better go and cut out a bigger chunk.

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    The problem with delaying one thing and looking forward to another - I'm not sure if I want time to stop or move along faster... Though I don't think time cares about it. :p

D-Fly: Recipe posted in cooking thread - enjoy. (and don't worry about the chocolate ice cream one).

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just realised- in a fortnight (well, less actually) I will be back down at uni! A shame really, 'cause I've gotten used to being on holiday all the time.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Salamander and I are really looking forward to startign uni this year actually... neither of us were bothered before. But we're determined to make this year different together :)

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I thought I could have a day off today, but look what happened.

Here I am writing here in the workplace instead of working my bum off...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Skipping classes already is a bad time... especially with the ones that take attendance :doh:

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Oh, Dfly, you give me more credit than I deserve - sense of style ? ? ? ;)

ION, was hoping to go back to beach in October, this time with a better fitting swimsuit :rolleyes: but approaching tropical storms may blow away the places we're looking at to rent.

New cell phone in hand, I find myself unable to answer it reliably. Not the phone, me - I'm doing something that sends the call to voice mail instead of answering it. Go figure. Phone also has all kinds of stuff my old phone had no conception of, nor me either, so I'm at a loss generally. I can make calls OK, though. Comes of being a :geezer: I guess

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Team Fortress 2 is taking away all my free time.
    And having to read some really great books for first language lessons, when you *don't* want to read them, is really irritating.

(Beating a dead horse, I know, I know, but) What?

15. Dice

Media:
    Mmmm thanks for the recipe Lore - I'm going to make it when I'm feeling decadent. If you change your mind about the chocolate icecream recipe just PM me and I'll send it to you. :D

ION, my brain is aching and my eyes are squiggly. I'm in serious need of catching up some missing sleep.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I worked last night, and today was pay day, so you can imagine the rush of idiots I saw come and go in the last four hours of my shift. I stopped counting the number of those same idiots I felt like stunning... I even busted a fuse at one perticular idiot, but didn't noticed the fact my boss was straight behind me. He didn't gave a damn.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

So you're Randall Graves with a Barbed Wire wrapped baseball bat?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Who?

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    All I can say is that spellcheck is a wonderful thing.
    I think I'd rather keep the flesh on my fingers, if it's all the same to you, my finger hurts enough as is. It does not help that it is the index finger of my right hand, which is my dominant hand.

Looks like a Category 4 hurricane might be heading for Florida... I rather hope that projected path changes.

20. Dice

Media:
    Good luck with the hurricane Stef. I hope you live in a secure building and that your friends and family are secure as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.