1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Lore: Vucko? Wolfie? Heere Vucko-vucko! Does anyone find this amusing in a bad taste and inane sort of way? :p

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Now that was the oddest flu I ever had, it came out of the blue, hit me like a train - and is over in about two and a half days? On Wednesday evening I was lying in my bed, shivering in fever. That was just about 36 hours ago. Weird. What was that?

I'm still somewhat exhausted, but otherwise I'm well. No cold, as one normally would expect. I was able to be on the job today.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    An impromptu run I did not warm up for has left me with achey calves. Grr.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Most flus are like this actually. You never feel the incubation time, then they hit hard, your body responds hard, and within a few days it's all back to normal. Colds are usually the ones that take their sweet time going away.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Colds, they come three days, stay three days and go three days, as the saying goes. Maybe it's that, till now I only had what my ol' doc calls 'flu-ish infections', and never a real flu.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Another round of Acupuncture this morning. Still feeling kind of drowsy despite having a nap before lunch...

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Iku: Lost in translation, I guess. :p It's not that odd a name for a dog around here.

I'm home for the weekend. Yay for the sake of habit.
    Nothing exceptional happening, though.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sometimes that can be the best kind of weekend. If the weekend gets too exciting then you need a weekend after the weekend just to rest up.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

With a Hockey game tonight, I may be up until at least 2 am to watch Wrestling...

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I survived the work week. These 12-16 hour days nearly did me in. I gotta catch some zzzzz's... later, babblers. Babble on.

11. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I wish I hadn't woken up at 6am, I was up until 2:30 :(

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My weekend is almost here...I can taste freedom! :D

If I have my way, I plan on doing as little a possible for the next 4 days. :love: :rolling:

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yesterday I was a night in grimy armor, a questionable guardian angel for a Lithuanian girl who had to catch a boat in a hurry and was lost in the great metropolis (ha!) where I live (the ha!, since it's a really small town compared to other cities).

She got into the boat just in the nick of time. Glad I could help.

14. Loreseeker

Media:
    A walnut tree has died.

One of my neighbours had a few beautiful, huge walnut trees in his backyard.
    Today he has literary massacred one of them, butchering all the branches off, so that there is just the trunk left... It is ghastly and disturbingly sad. :( Desolation.

I know it's his backyard and his tree, but...why? This just sucks. That tree gave great shade and bothered no one.

Every time I look that way I feel like I'm looking at a graveyard.

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Lore: Buy a big bag of walnuts and a sling, and shoot them after your neighbour so he can plant new walnut trees! :evil: Save a nut or two for your own garden (or stomach).

(Of course he might have had a good reason, for example if the tree was rotted on the inside.)

I wish we had walnut trees in Denmark. I like walnuts. :yum:

16. Loreseeker

Media:
    /me gives Montresor a huge amount of walnuts from her own tree (safe and sound at her grandmother's place).

I like walnuts too, and there are always some in the cellar - so your sling plan might even work...

Also, walnut shells are great for making little ships (with some wax, toothpicks and paper sails).

As for the tree being rotten - I doubt it, the trunk looks healthy (aside from the fact that it's dead now.) It looked fine - no withering leaves, branches and stuff.

Maybe there is a good reason - but I fail to see one. It feels more like one of those "let's redecorate the garden" urges.

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    "Let's redecorate the garden by cutting down a big walnut tree" seems a bit extreme...

ION I have managed to do absolutely nothing today. No work, no play, nothing. My sense of guilt at not working is balanced out by the sense of not having had fun either. On the down side I'm bored out of my skull.

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

We had a massive black walnut tree (or somesuch in our yard)... MASSIVE!!! We ended up cutting it down though because it dropped way too many (inedible/not tasty) nuts (about 3 five gallon buckets) and hung over our neighbors yard. Punishing them with the nuts as well.

19. martaug Gems: 23/31

Yeah, you have to be careful when cutting the grass if you have blackwalnut trees.
    Some of the walnuts with the outercasing can be as large as a tennis ball.
    When hit by a riding mowers blade "Whap !" - "Zingg !" it either gives the dogs something to chase or brains them & sends them yelping to the deck :)

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Locked myself out again last night at about 3:00AM. It's funny how I only ever forget my key when my room-mate goes home for the weekend.

Meh, it could be worse... At least I'm not the poor sod who passed out in the showers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.