1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I should cut down on my mind? How the hell do I do that? :skeptic: :nuts: :bang: :confused: :hmm:

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Chilli today, Acupuncture tomorrow, Saturday is up in the air...

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :lol: A colleague once had three reactions in the same digestor, so he needed the nitrogen flow. To insure that no one would touch it he wrote "valve malfunctioning, explosion hazard" on the gas canister. Since that didn't work (someone actually called maintenance to take the gas canister away) his next note was "winged rats and singing lab roaches require nitrogen as a life source". The gas was on for days...

Other pearls of notewriting: "distilled assistants" (on a bottle of hexane distilled by assistants) and "owners are in the dryer" (on a box for plastic pieces of glassware that gets dryed)

DotW: Your dreams are way more interesting then mine... Ostrogoth :p

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yay! Final day of training is finally over! Being the last day, we got to watch videos of when companies have what are called "Mayday Alarms"....Read: When the S*** REALLY hits the fan. :mommy:

Of the videos we watched, I could only find one of them on YouTube. It's the Pepcon Plant explosion from 1988. They *used* to produce the solid rocket fuel for NASA, but the shuttle program was put on hold after the Challenger shuttle explosion, however the plan continued to produce large quantities of Ammonium Perchlorate, which they stored on site. They had a permit to store 1 million pounds of the stuff...however, they had between 9-10 million pounds onsite. Mix that with a large natural gas leak, and you get one hell of a big boom!

(Watch the building literally disappear once the *big* blast happens) :eek:

I don't know how there was only one fatality...maybe that guy couldn't run fast enough. :bad: :rolling:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I don't think I've babbled here in days. Still don't have much to say though.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @DoTW
    Not your mind hon, the dreams ... just stop sleeping. It's not like you don't like caffeine :p

BTW, I decided to stop calling you Ostrogoth because DoTW is just easier to type.

7. Disciple of The Watch

/grunts like caveman and swings Puters' Bane around

Fun being in my mind, eh?

Could be fun... to see how long I can last before going totally crackpot :nuts:

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    This is really funny :lol:

My colleagues were a bit more direct over the Christmas break. The Glaswegian one wrote "I'll shatter yer knee caps!" while the Belorussian wrote "Don't touch anything if you don't want your knuckles broken!" The latter was particularly funny because the only person who used his bench was... his supervisor, who (needless to say) did not his knuckles broken. Various other signs were left all over the place, such as "poison chemicals do not touch" on a random box in the freezer, which was positioned precariously and feel out and spilled stuff when someone opened the freezer... One of the shaking incubators had another "toxic do not touch!" sign on it. At one point my friend got really frustrated and said "I'm sick of death threats everywhere I look!"

9. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Don't do it disciple! After about 72hrs you start seeing pumpkin headed men holding chainsaws by the side of the road as you are driving!!

10. Disciple of The Watch

Speaking from experience, Marty? :lol:

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Pumpkins are no match for sledge hammers (neither are chainsaws)... :p

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since I managed to get here I thought I might as well come and do some babbling. Reading your posts is very hard for me right now. Too be honest (I'm an honest rogue) the few that I did manage to read weren't worth it.

Remember I'm babbling and why are you reading thbit of gibberish? :p

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    The work week is over, yay! I only ever have one day a week off, due to my two jobs.
    Amazingly enough, getting the iSCSI stuff configured was only slightly more difficult than expected. We ran up against a brick wall due to licensing. that takes it out of my hands until the correct license is acquired. I know what to do,however, so things ought to run smoothly once the license issue is resolved. Then I'll have three of my servers go fully into production. Two are already partially in production as domain controllers.

I plan on spending most of tomorrow vegging far away from computers.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My Grandmother's surgery went fine. They released her this afternoon when we weren't expecting her home until tomorrow morning...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe, yeah, watch those pumpins go *SQUISH* under the wrath of my advisor! And a chainsaw is no good if it's seriously bended by a sledgehammer shot!

---------- Added 0 hours, 6 minutes and 33 seconds later... ----------

Hey, glad to hear it's turning out to be less of a nightmare than it seemed. Servers can be royal pain in the asses. You mentioned Server 2008? Didn't tried that one... does it look anything like 2003? It's a wonder why they didn't ditched 2008 in favor of FreeBSD. No piece of cake to set up, but once it's done, they're nearly zero-maintenance.

16. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I have nothing to babble to any of you.

But you seem to be managing fine without any help anyway. :p

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    If you try to drive after 72 hours without sleep, you might see cops trying to pull you over for reckless driving. They are not a hallucination. ;)

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My Neodymium magnets arrived :D

Time for fun and makings of stuffs!

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    There was a thread about this in one of the Alleys (I think) a few months ago about 24 hours without sleep being the equivalent of being drunk, in terms of motor coordination and reflexes. And if you get pulled over and they find out you've not had any alcohol they might suspect you've taken something a little less legal instead :shake:

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

N, Tal, but you might be surpriseed at how many people would suddenly age several years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.