1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I just got promoted...kind of, a promotion for saturdays :D

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    So I'm in school again and everything's cool, Drac's a part of the band (...and my Monster Mash is the hit of the land). Professors seem nice, students seem gullible.

You know, they played that "Craaawling in my skiiiin" song as today's wake up music today. :mommy:

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Spiders in the house are great. They're the most effective way to get rid of mosquitoes that you'll ever find.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    So true, I was in a testing site at my work today. The site is a cabin "in the woods." There were no living flies, but I saw hundreds lifeless husks lying around covered in spider webs, then I made the mistake of looking up. 4 of these *big* spiders sitting in a web, staring at me with their 8 eyes. I don't mind the normal spiders (orb-weaving and jumping spiders) but the long-leg spiders... gross!!

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Now the long leggy ones are usually the ones people DON'T mind :lol:

I still adore spiders, they really are gorgeous and fascinatnig creatures. Wish my other half wasn't so petrified of them.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I like spiders as long as they stay out of my way and kill more annoying insects that didn't get the memo...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, not only do I have a ridiculously large amount of paperwork to fill up to catch up for starting one week and a half late, theory is absolutely killing me. I wish those idiots would just hurry up and recognize my prior experiences and cut some of the crap so I can get the paper faster -- if I stay there. Nothing like a trip back to school to make me appreciate my old computer tech job. No future in QC in that field, though. Thankfully, one of my buddies in Alberta says I'm welcome to crash at his place for a few months and find a computer tech job there -- took a look at some job offers, and it's not exactly rolling on gold, but it's better paid than in stinking old QC.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So have you decided which city you might be going to yet DoTW?

9. Disciple of The Watch

I believe my buddy lives in Edmonton, but I really don't care if it's Calgary, Edmonton, Moose Jaw or some other obscure place as long as it's not stinking old QC...

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    So, the SCSI controller cards came in, and on the first server one got installed to, my coworker puts it in the slot that disables the onboard controller, which means the server couldn't boot up it's internal hard drive, creating the dreaded reboot loop.
    After fixing this, I tried running the driver install disc, only to find out that it does not contain Win Server 2008 drivers... :bang

At least the one installed into the VM host seemed to work okay.

I get to install the other three tomorrow. Two into other VM hosts, the third into another Server08 machine.

Then I get to attach the network storage. This should go smoothly, but I know better... nothing goes smoothly with servers... at least, not around here.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    So...tired...must...sleep :sleep:

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Why does it make me feel like a dirty old man if I do a favour concerning a job to a 17 year old girl? And with job I mean employment, you pervs. :p

13. Dice

Media:
    I'm not sure if Calgary, Edmonton and Moose Jaw are obscure, but as far as Alberta goes, Moose Jaw is in Saskatchewan :p. BTW, for cities in Saskatchewan Moose Jaw is one of the more interesting places. There is a network of hidden tunnels under the city that were used for bootlegging and gamboling and other illegal activities in the 20's. Al Capone even stayed there for a while. I lived in a small town outside of Moose jaw for about 1/2 year when I was around 19. It was o.k. but not really much excitement.

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    D-Fly: Heh, Moose Jaw does sound interesting from your post...

I got all the Dresden files books that are out so far... there goes my exam work for the next few nights. :)

ION: You'd think that writing "Do Not Touch - Just For Emergencies" on a cover of a blank DVD with fluorescent marker might insure that it is left aside for a back-up or something important and doesn't get used for burning useless stuff in a day or so? Apparently not... Result: There's never a disk when you need one.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Speaking from personal experience, I've found the best way to have someone mess up an experiment or turn off a machine that needs to stay on overnight is to write a "do not touch" or "please leave on" or "touch my tubes and die" message. Simply leaving it with no messages makes it far less likely anyone will notice it's there. For blank DVDs I'd suggest writing something on the DVD itself to fool people into thinking it's already been used.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BioWare's based in Edmonton, so...

17. Disciple of The Watch

You're now the Old Dirty Bastard, Iku. Wear the title well. :shake:

18. Dice

Media:
    Yep - and I used to work in an art store close to where they used to have their company so anytime any of them came in I made sure and gave them a discount on supplies and told them how great they are. :D Then they relocated to another part of Edmonton and I stopped working in that art store so sadly I don't see them any more.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Oy, Dfly, BTW, cut down on the napalm for breakfast... it's not good for ya. And stop calling me an Ostrogoth, will ya?

See the dream thread if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

20. Dice

Media:
    @ Ostrogoth - After reading your dream I'm thinking it might be you who should cut down on some unusual substances :D :D :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.