1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Have fun Lore! Take lots of pictures and post them when you return :)

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Enjoy your trip Loreseeker.

Well it's time for me to go and by some groceries now. I wish I had the ability to just teleport them here.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We're housesitting and looking after her cat :almostmad:

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oops! My bad.

:p

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    LKD, just install Firefox and Flash for it. It's a bit easier to get it to work in FF and you can just use FF to view videos.

6. Dice

Media:
    You have to admit 8, that you did make a statement that was just screaming to be joked about :D. I personally declined the obvious remarks because I figured that is just wouldn't sound good coming from a female. Unfortunately I guess my mind is in the gutter with the rest of these cronies.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Am I the only one that thought 8people was talking about a cat? And I don't even like cats! That might change is I could get a good recipe...

8. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Anyone here remember a poster named shura?
    He used to post some pretty good stories on the creativity surge board & apparently left after a pissing match with talantuin(Lord, i know how that feels:))
    The reason i ask is several of his stories are unfinished & i thought maybe one of the other members might know if he finished them & posted them anywhere else. Any help?

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I remember Shura well. When we were converting the boards, I re-read his work. I PM'ed him at the time to ask him about them and if he was ever coming back, but I have not heard back from him and can only assume that he either no longer uses the email tied to the account he set up here or just is thoroughly uninterested in coming back or talking to anyone from here.

10. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Darn, some of his stories were,IMHO, very entertaining & as good as some published works i have purchased.
    Oh well, i'll just have to reread the old stories & try to figure out an appropriate ending on my own.

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not to drag the point out, but you do realise that that could still be read alternatively? :p

Ok, I'll leave it alone now. ;)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Shura's been to the new boards early this year, so it's not that he's completely lost contact... I guess he's just not interested any more.

And he didn't leave over any "pissing match"; he was asked to stop posting in AoDA for his rabid anti-Christian/Catholic attitude. Every time the subject of the religion came up (or he brought it up), he practically vomited all over it and purposefully insulted every Catholic in general.

If I remember right, I only asked him to stop posting in AoDA (possibly just on the subject of religion), but he said that if he's not allowed to post there he's not going to post anywhere else either. And then he left. He's not even banned... it's a real shame that he's left instead of just avoiding religious discussions.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Maybe this should go into the ranting thread, but man, do I want to slap some students. This is the last field trip I ever try to plan for my class. I'm gonna be out of pocket a LOT of money.

In other news, I hate the internet! I am not computer skilled at all. Gonna go back to cave man times.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So I guess you're done with posting on SP then?

:p

15. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Naw, even a caveman can do THAT. It's this "downloading" this and "installing" that that screws me up. I mean, if a few clicks (maximum 3) is all it takes I can usually do it, but once it jams up with an erroe warning, I'm done!

16. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    You know how useful a pair of cheap sunglasses can be? :grr:

Long story short: In the summer cottage for four days in the middle of nowhere. Forgot my migraine medicine. Agonising pain hit me on the first day.

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Bah! My laptop keeps giving me a message to buy a new battery whenever I turn it on!

18. Dice

Media:
    How old is your laptop 8?

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Day one of my vacation. Where did I go? Nowhere, but everyone else buggered off for a week, so this is my vacation!

20. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ah, good old Shura. Bringing wuxia to the masses.

I like cats, but I'm allergic to them. It's horrible when I go to my gf's house - we have to kick the cat out least I start dying all over the place, but then it looks at me with such sorrowful eyes that I have to let him in and cuddle on my lap. And then I get allergic, and wonder wtf I was doing with the cat on me in the first place.

But yeah, I like cats. They're like ninjas of the animal world - sleek, graceful, and deadly assassins that flips out and kills people. Nice lap-warmer, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.