1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #103

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    There is a pocket watch (with an engraving of a ship in full sail on it) on my desk (fished it out of a drawer... too much Arcanum :p ). Just a replica... but one I'm rather fond of.

EDIT: It's 25th of July already? Time flies on summer hollidays.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So I finally opened my nearly 2 year old computer's box for the first time (I don't upgrade often, no) and verified what I suspected; they put in a 7600GT with a horribly loud fan instead of the passive cooling one, which I paid for. I wonder if I can get them to acknowledge it and refund me the difference when I upgrade...

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's worth a shot...but after 2 years, they might laugh at you. :bad: Just show them a little Pink Dragon™ anger and they may cooperate. :p :rolling:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, it's a local shop, and we've bought pretty much all our computers there in the last 15 years, so they know me and I hope will have enough sense to want to keep me as a customer. :shake:

And the thing is, to keep the warranty you're actually not allowed to open the box yourself (there's a seal on the back) so technically you can't even look inside as long as the warranty's valid. So there really wasn't any other way to make sure earlier.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Round 3 of the Acupuncture. I still can't walk long distances without pain in my leg, but in general, I feel better. Sounds like it will take a while...

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Tal, if you're not friends with them, I'd walk in with the receipt for the fan you were SUPPOSED to get, the opened case sporting the fan they ripped you off with, and a statement like "I don't like being ripped off. There are other computer stores in this city. Tell me what you're willing to do to keep my business, and it had better be good!"

In games I can talk like that. In real life I'm far too conciliatory.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I always enjoy going to get my computer parts in a computer shop and act like a complete moron just to see if I can't slam them on something. :shake:

Added one more crazy dream in the dream thread. When I do remember some F'ed up dreams, I always want to record what I saw in the dream, but I'm always too lazy to get up and find my MP3 player, so a LOT of F'ed up dreams get lost in the black void. This last dream was F'ed up but the nice kind of F'ed up.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The other day I was cooking supper and the infamous Badger song popped into my head for no reason. It was pretty scary. I think my family thought I was nuts singing about badgers and mushrooms and snakes.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

ROTFLMFAO!!!

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Home internet is not working :mad:

So I'm catching up on SP from work instead of working...

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Eurgh. I just came back from this horrible, horrible version of Macbeth. Apparently it was meant to be a tradition Chinese opera interpretation - in reality it was ****. Now, I don't want to pass a general judgement on Chinese opera or anything - but if it's all even anything vaguely like that, they should really stop producing it. Eurgh.

It was bad enough that a significant amount of people just didn't return after intermission. Almost the entire row next to us didn't come back (and I was tempted, but alas, too stubborn).

Also, snare drums are not the be all and end all of music. You have a good number of functional instruments there - USE THEM! Percussion is just not suited for playing loudly all the damn time! It sounds horrible!

And Macbeth should not prance!

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :lol: That is just brilliant...

ION, I was sorting my desk drawers today and kept finding things I never knew I had... (and some things that have been missing for years). So far, the find includes a deck of cards, vanilla flavoured aroma for cakes, Sega 2 cartridge (Road Runner), a mathematics magazine and an eraser... still sorting.

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    No...

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Internet is working again! Yay! :banana:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Tomorrow is the annual Chicken Barbecue. I'm hoping I can at least make a few trips outside to socialize. I think I may be stuck in the most comfortable chair in the house though. Mind you some of the cousins will want to talk 4th edition D&D...

16. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Maybe you can get a game session going. Hope the back leaves you alone so that you can enjoy the entire day

17. Dice

Media:
    Mmmm Barbecue chicken is the best. If you don't get outside to see people at least make sure you get some chicken. :yum:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Homework during the sumer really sucks. :aww: :rolling:

19. Dice

Media:
    I really hope that you aren't doing spelling homework Kit :p.

20. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

HA HA HA Bad Dragonfly! :)
    No more cookies for you:nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.