1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Gas here is through the roof. I've seen it at $4 per gallon for "regular" (85) octane.

So if 1 US gallon = 3.785 liters, then you guys are paying USD $5.67 per US gallon...and that my friend is a rip off...even if it's for the "premium" octane.

I was watching a CCN report called "We Were Warned - Out of Gas" the other night on my break, and it won't take much to screw the world over...unless you live in Brazil. :bad: :rolling:

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not certain of the exact price, but I think it is sitting fairly close to £1.10 a litre over here.

@Kitrax: I assume what you consider a rip-off is still less than what we pay?

Ah, the good old days when petrol was less than a pound per litre. I seem to recall there being large protests when it tried to rise too fast. That delayed it for a bit, but we still seem to be paying more per litre than anyone else who has posted.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The current price of gasoline in Denmark is around DKK 11,40 per litre. That corresponds to EUR 1,52, USD 2,38 or GBP 1,22 at today's exchange rates from the Danish National Bank. I don't (want to) know how much of this is for the gas and how much is for taxes.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm going out with my Alice today :D we're going round Bournemouth town for a while then going to Poole to meet with Laura and hopefully Cheryl for a chinese. Yay! Also gives me an axcuse to dress up.

If I had a tail it would be wagging :D

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Woa I'm going crazy, it's my sixth continuous day of work and I don't have any day off untill Thursday :( So, in other words I can't post here daily as I used to do, meh!

Carry on!

6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I'm happy :D

tired :sleep:

slightly hungry :yum:

and behind schedule... :doh:

Key word: Happy :rolling:

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I feel like I should be doing something productive. Can't work out what though.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I should be either studying or sleeping. I am doing neither. Go figure :roll:

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

just got my external HDD rockin!

and just got a few months leave from work, and a big pad on the back from one of the CEOs

NICE!

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I hate Mondays. I wanna sleep forever.

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Very nice, Balle. What did you do to get that?

12. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

well thank you for asking Decados.

basicly i helped set up the new intranet for the company, and as i was not expected to very productive or help with the making of it, people are very pleased with me atm.

i am not that fast at all, in comparison yes but most of the other people(including the ones i was helping) are kinda old and a bit scared of computers, afraid of doing something wrong.
    it was made in sitecore if anyone was wondering (kinda fool proof not so interesting program, but there was need for some basic html at times)

if you where asking about the HDD i payed for it ;)

btw. sry for typos as i am cooking

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Good morning Garfield! :D

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I got into Southampton Solent...

I'm going to study Computer Games Development next year with my darling boyfriend.

I am so happy right now I keep getting tearful :lol:

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mmm, yes, you do sound rather chuffed. ;)

Southampton Solent is a uni of some kind, I assume?

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes :D smaller than the main university but also focused more on creativity than pure academia. However with the course I'll be doing I'll be a higher standard of Software Engineer than if I carried on at Bournemouth.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me casts Grow Tail on 8

There you go...wag away! :grin: If you ever get tired of it, let me know...I have a large pair of bolt cutters. :evil: :rolling:

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm the smartest thing on webbed feet. I can think as well as fight!

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It went up to $1.37/litre today here in Winnipeg (Canada). Which works out to over $5.00 per US gallon. :grr:

I'm gonna have to find me a different beverage.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Gas prices are forcing me to seriously consider riding my bike an hour to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.