1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The more I frequent other forums, the more I grow fond of SP.

My latest demeanor? Speaking my mind on a topic, I'm called a troll, I backtalk (what else do you expect from me?), and get canned for five days. What happened to the first amendement?

ION, the old man seem to have done a lot of browsing on err, questionable sites, because I'm once again called to clean up his rig. :shake:

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Now you're at it, you should install parental control on his machine, and keep the password away from him so he can't access these "questionable" sites. :grin:

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    There's other forums ?

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    These being the other forums that Flix doesn't believe in, right?

/OTT-innocence

5. Disciple of The Watch

Why should I put parental control? Every time the old man calls me to do a cleanup of his rig, that's an easy $20. Besides, he likes that stuff, so who am I to judge him?

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I've done a lot of "research" in some of these above mentioned sites during the last couple days.

Hogwash! :british-guy-popping-his-monocle-smiley:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Going to see Mindless Self Indulgence live tomorrow, am quite excited! :D

Bought two pairs of trousers though and they don't fit me and I can't return them :cry: the meds I'm on have made me put on a load of weight recently and most of it has gone on my hips. Now most of my clothes are getting too tight on me and I can't afford to get new ones.

I started fencing again yesterday, fenced solidly for two and a quarter hours and felt absolutely fine afterwards, my salamander nearly passed out though, lol. Considering it's the only excersize I've done for about two years I'm quite pleased :)

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @8people: You were fencing with your salamander?

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My computer chair is the most comfortable with my back the way it is, but I can't spend too much time there or my back will get worse. It's a catch 22...

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Trell
    I hope you are really good with computers or have some very good anti-spyware/antivirus/other programs, because those sites have a lot of stuff that is dangerous for your computer. You might be better off doing your "research" from magazines.

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My grandmother had hip replacement revision surgery Friday. She came through the surgery okay, but her dementia seems worse now... too hard to tell at this point, though.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Rotten pumpkin! Go hide in your dog house before I bash your head in with a bamboo chair!

13. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow.

I just read LKD's name as LSD.

Sorry mate.

I need sleep

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    There's nothing that can be done- I think I'm going to have to start the maths work.

How very traditional. ;)

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Almost every single time I come to the library to write some silly lines on my blog and of course I have to visit SP first, which makes me forget what I was supposed to write about.

Some stupid yammering of my nonexistent lovelife or somesuch, or just your regular free-assosiation poetic(ish) prose. Grumblegrumblegrumble. A writer's block is my best friend. I don't go anywhere without it.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My salamander is my boyfriend :p his username in most places is Salamander3 :D

He's also a bit like a puppy :)

So he's a salamander/puppy hybrid :hmm:

Now I want to play Impossible Creatures again...

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @8people: You have a salamander for a boyfriend! :eek: and it's called in most places Salamander3 :confused:

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Nah. I have the first two options checked, what bad could possibly happen?

*Next day*
    "Sir, we hit an iceberg"
    "NOOO!"

EDIT: Concerning Salamanders, a quick google search revealed
    "salamander3 - FanFiction.Net
    Interact with writer, salamander3, who has archived 4 stories for Pokemon."

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Small wonder it is called Salamander3- to cross it with a puppy, 8people must be genetically engineering it! This one is simply the third lab experiment.

Mind you, if it can fence, it can't be all that bad a result.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...what a day.

I went to a gun show looking for the German made Walther P99 I want. I spent 5 hours there roaming amongst the hundreds of tables only to find 3 P99s. One was American made, one was in really bad shape, and the other was new...but way overpriced. Oh, and they were all 40cal...not 9mm. :bang:

So once I got home I started calling all the local pawn shops, dealers, and private dealers who specialize in finding rare/hard to find guns. I was on the phone for 1.5 hours talking to several people...and at one point I had an incoming call that I didn't bother to answer. Once I was done calling around, I checked my voice mail...that unanswered call was from a guy that has the *exact* gun I want, plus several extras to go with it. :love: I talked with him for about 30 minutes, and everything he told me about the gun made me really excited...better yet, the dude lives in the same city as me! :D

I know I was supposed to use my "Economic Stimulus" check (which hasn’t been issued yet) to buy the gun...but I think I'll buy it now and use the stimulus check to reimburse my savings accounts.

/me is happy!!! :D :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.