1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
  2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

WEll, I saw my Chiropractor this morning, and have another appointment tomorrow early on. I think this injury will be expensive...

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I commend ChickenIsGood for not gloating about getting first post this RBP.

@LKD - You realize with your statement about immigrants that you are walking on dangerous territory. BTW, my husband is an immigrant and he is one hard-ass worker and highly educated. Immigrants have a hard time finding quality work in this county because unfortunatly the good jobs go to the non-immigrants whether they deserve it or not. There may be a lot of lazy, defiant and disrespectful people in our country but I would not point my finger in the direction of immigrants.

I realize that this is not the Alley of Dangerous Angles, so that will be the last I say on the topic here.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My stepdads mother has been receiving threats from the BNP :toofar:

She was on the twinning commity and the local council where she lives and was the driving force for the first twinning in England with a muslim country. The BNP put her address on their website and invited people to send what they thought to her.

She had to step down from the council :mad:

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Sorry to hear that, 8people.
    What they did simply sucks. I've never heard of BNP before, and I'm glad I didn't. They sound like the kind of people that the world would be far better off without. (I have a few choicer words for them too, but SP is a polite place.)

In other news, I'll be without net access till Monday morning. Just a month ago, this would have been a normal weekend for me, but now I'm hooked to BoM...

So, everyone, have fun, babble to perfection, and see you on Monday.

You may not miss me, but I'll miss you. (A little. :))

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ahhh, write my comments off to job stress. Next time I'll put 'em in the work ranting thread.

I'm so tired these days its a wonder the cops haven't pulled me over for drunk driving.

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Leaving for Frankfurt soon, see you all again next week! :wave:

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Working the graveyard shift, which is friday evening and saturday afternoon. Joy-joy! Partay on!

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Bad sleeping + Sore throat + Cold + Allergies + itching eyes = One grumpy Flix. mumble mumble damn cold mumble mumble

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My glasses appear to be slowly breaking.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I took a hot bath, I feel slightly better.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm feeling better after some heavier painkillers...

Not impaired, but not in pain either...

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmm...

I'm going to be making the equivalant of an Ibanez SD 808 Tube Screamer guitar pedal in my Electronic Devices class. Since the SD 808 and the SD 9 are almost *exactly* the same circuit save for 2 resistors, we had the choice to make either. I haven't decided which I'm going to make...I'll probably play around with the resistor combinations and see which sounds better.

Anyway...since I don't play the guitar, I'm probably going to sell the pedal on eBay once we're done with the project. I might offer it here first since I know there are dozens of guitar players here. :rolling:

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I just spent the last couple of hours making a village with a toolset. I have a feeling that this module project of mine is going to take a looong time.

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I suspect my chess computer may have gained the upper hand without me noticing. Damned cunning machine.

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Work'a'work'a'work'a'work!

I might be getting more cynical or more naive because of my work. Can't decide which...

Plenty of time to babble here though, since people aren't answering their phones when it's saturday afternoon and a beautfiul spring weather outside.

I guess I'm not getting much tan this summer either.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Morg,
    Frankfurt? Nah, the place sucks. Don't go there.

I'll go to Dortmund in two hours. The place sucks too, but I'll be meeting friends so I won't mind.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Rag, why the Frankfurt hatred? I admit I only spent a very short time there but I liked the place. Much nicer city than I'd been led to believe.

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It's not hatred. It's just being thoroughly unthrilled by Frankfurt. I like city centers where people live. Munich, Hamburg and Berlin (and of course Cologne) are far more like that. Frankfurt isn't. The Main river bank is nice, the museums there are nice too. But that's about it. The high rise building are unusual for German standards, so, yes, they're nice to look at once or twice.

But all in all the city center is dead. There's no life there but business people (that is, during business hours) and the occasional restaurant preying on the disoriented or desperately hungry (usually bus tourists). As the high buildings suggest, real estate is expensive in Frankfurt, with the inevitable result that nobody lives there (those who did have long sold and moved to the suburbs), and the rents in the city center are way too expensive to allow for anything but businesses to afford them.

When you go the the surrounding suburbs, cities and towns that's something different. But if you get there you either live in Frankfurt or got lost.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This assignment is so dull! I physically cannot work on it longer than half an hour without wanting to claw out my eyeballs just for something to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.