1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #102

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
  2. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    The new job is going well. I spent 3 weeks in Indianapolis for training. That wasn't fun but its over now. We are really loving Oregon. I don't miss California at all.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Non perscription Tylenol III is hopefully going to keep me from experiencing too much pain while I go through the recovery process. The Chiropractor used the words "Bulged Disk" and now wants me to see my doctor for X-rays and possibly other tests. Something tells me that I'm not going to be throwing hay this summer...

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Your back sucks Gnarf, why don't you order a new one on Ebay?

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/throws Gnarff extra-strong Vicodin

Did wonders for my wedged nerves -- still does.

Jolt Orange Blast is great stuff.

6. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

hey gnarf, ask your doctor about a drug called gabapentin. it worked wonders when i ripped some lower back muscles doing heavy deadlifts a few years back.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Speaking of Uni...One of these days I need to sit down with a recruiter and see what options I have once I'm free from my current college. :rolling:

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I work as a librarian. I couldn't agree more. A day in the library is truly blessed :D

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I always thought that being a librarian is a dream job. So many books to chose from, with not many people to bother you.

I love chemistry, but libraries are still my favourite places on Earth. :)

Imagine this: An old stone building with huge double doors and tall windows. You walk through a corridor and there is a piano playing from somewhere, but you can't see it. Than you enter the library. It's warm, there are shelves and shelves loaded with books, and you are all alone. It's so quiet you can almost hear your heart. You walk on a carpet, so your feet don't make a sound, and you can smell the books. Nothing smells like books.

A large part of my childhood looked exactly like that. Our old town library housed the musical school on the top floor (that's the piano part.)

I got admitted to the adults section of the library when I was ten, because I kept maxing out my card at the children section. I even took my brother's library card to get more books.
    Geekdom personified... :p

Now I usually read e-books, mostly Project Gutenberg ones, but I still have a deep respect for books. Did you notice that they are seldom cold to the touch?

I'll stop now. I should babble, not bore.

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I wish there was a library like that round here for me to go to... It sounds really nice.

11. Loreseeker

Media:
    What are libraries like where you live, Cap'n?

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I concur. Nothing smells like old detective stories stained by nicotine, palm-sweat, something you don't want to imagine about and sometimes stains that might even be blood.

Working in a public library is a messy job. You can't imagine all the grime that covers the books and transmits to your hands from them. Dirty literature and smut get whole new dimensions, although fortunately we don't have a lot of those books around (they get stolen too often so around here we just don't order them to our collection). Don't imagine the stains that those books collect. I said don't.

Heh.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Three semesters? We've only got Sep-Dec and Jan-May, although the second has quite a generous Easter break included. Two sets of twelve weeks teaching, plus exams.

Why don't you? Even if you don't fancy studying full-time, there's always Open University as an option.

I don't recall ever being restricted- it was almost as if they expected me to be moving on to more difficult books faster than others my age. I went on to exhaust my local library's store of interesting fiction/sci-fi books. There was some satisfaction in having them order in more to keep me occupied.

Your library does sound very nice.

...damnit!

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yuck! I think I just failed my Imagination saving throw!

15. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Little modern buildings with no soul :(

16. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Well crap. Seems I'm going to fail this year. Again. Wasn't a surprise or anything, I've been sick (extremely bad migraines, sinusitis and stomach problems) for 80% of the last two years. :bad:
    I'm not particularly sad or angry (or murderous in case you're wondering I'm I going to kill someone), but would have hoped that I'd be healthy by now.

Guess I'm going back to Finland later this year then. Study something new, meet my old friends/family and find some small place to live.
    ...Doesn't sound that bad actually. :heh:

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Packing stuff up is so fun.

Not.

18. Loreseeker

Media:
    Trell: Sorry to hear about your school, but it's not your fault.
    Health is what matters. Get better, go to Finland, have fun.
    Who knows, the whole thing might turn out better than you hoped. :)

Old friends, family, new studies, new flat, new friends... Not bad at all.

Cap'n CJ: The library I go to is small and insignificant, but it'd be honoured to have you as a honorary member. :p You can listen to the piano anytime. ;)

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well the third semester is optional, it's there if you want to take extra course during the summer, but it is not mandatory.

20. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've always envied people who can play the piano. It's such a nice instrument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.