1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I wear monthlies in both eyes (also Bausch & Lomb) and yes, they can be pretty unpleasant- especially trying to get them in towards then end of the month. Thankfully, though, I only use them for sport, so don't have to have them in the whole time.

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :skeptic: Hmmm.... Something's wrong here. I was thinking more like:
    There it is. Legend of Zelda rule #1: When everything else fails, try fire.

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I have an exam on Sunday, 17:00 pm. Very odd time.
    Extra two days for studying... nice. :D

Too tired to type coherently...

Babble till tomorrow, people. :)

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    'Tis indeed Loreseeker. Still got a handful of weeks until my exams start.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I love the incompetents that run the internet here. They scheduled one hour of downtime yesterday in order to replace a switch. Said hour turned into 30.

Going through yesterday night without my beloved SP was hard :D

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Come on people! Babble more, we can end this RBP tonight if we put our minds to it :p

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    A noble goal, Flix!

Hence this unimportant post that adds nothing to the thread other than +1 to its post-count.

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Here's my contribution towards seeing RBP #102 tomorrow.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I got one more phone on the way. My collection keeps on growing... but I have no more room on my night table, so methinks it's time to whip up the welding skills and cook up a custom shelf to put them on display...

Well, the crucial ingredient DOES require fire, so you aren't totally lost in the fields.

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm getting Firefly season 1 later this week. "Hooray" tought Trell and then realised he forgot to take the Battlestar Galactica serie AND the last Stargåtes from his brother. :bang:

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

AAARRGGGH I am so freaking frustrated right now.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    If I am to get up in time for lectures tomorrow, I need to be heading for bed now.

...I guess I'll be taking tomorrow off then.

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Got a call from the boss yesturday. She's taking the rest of the month off, and told me not to work too hard and take lots of breaks. It's horrible. I've got about 2 days of work to last the rest of the month. Sure, having time free is nice, but sitting in a room for 8 hours a day with little to do is hell.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Being able to read books, play games, post on the boards, etc. all day is your idea of hell? You're not a workaholic by any chance, are you? :shake:

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Heh, there's only so much posting on boards one can do in a day ;)
    Tried to convince the boss just to give me paid leave, but alas, that didn't work.

16. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I am proud of our progress toward our goal of a new RBP thread! Here is my contribution toward that goal.
    My vacation so far has involved eating, sleeping and reading, with a couple of internet sessions on this friend's computer.
    Much as I adore my SP friends, I do enjoy the time to read, too.
    Just a little more babble and we're there, folks!

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    This will be my last message in the 101th RBP - I'm going to bed now.

I can only encourage you to read revmaf, reading is knowledge, and knowledge is power. Speaking of which, we were supposed to read the six first chapter of this schoolbook about ancient Mayan society - Instead I read the whole book. Quite an interesting people, though I can't say I approve human, or human's blood sacrifices. Apparently men of the royal family were required to make a small cut on their genitals so the blood could be sacrificed to feed the gods :eek:. And don't think women were off the hook - the blood they gave was from their tongue however. I can't say what would be worse, the men's or the women's treatment...

Come to think of it - I once accidentally cut my tongue, it wasn't that painful, only bloody annoying, the blood just wouldn't stop pouring from my mouth for what seems to have been a long time, meh. (Pun very much intended). And I do not intend to purposely bleeding my genitals only to find out if it's painful - I'm pretty sure it is.

What's with all this obsession about sacrifices to please the "gods" anyway?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Think a cut is annoying? I have a barbell in my tongue. It's okay now, but the first week was the worst. week. ever.

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I hate scripting sometimes, and now is one of those times.

20. Rotku

When do RBP close these days? 1000?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.