1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Where I live, that doesn't really make you old. I had one of those till about a year and a half ago. I think I still have some unspent hours left somewhere... The worst part was that, at first, you had to go to the post office and personally pay for the time, and you could buy 10, 20 or 100 hours. How annoying. Thankfully, even here, its a thing of the past now.

In other news... It's sunny and I'm hungry. Ice cream time! :yum:

2. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

yeah but i also first learned on computers that loaded programs off of cassette tapes. man was that a bummer!!

3. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i forgot my hours had changed, so i have a few minutes for internet. our internet is slow too, but we just have dial up. we've been thinking of getting something faster,but haven't done it yet. that's not really a high priority

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just got back home...and what I said in #sorcerers says it best:
    <Kitrax> the chick assisting was friggin' hot
    <Kitrax> They gave me nitrous oxide, novocain, and all the eye candy a guy could ask for....along with an earful of Metallica, it was probably one of the better dentist experiences I've ever had. :D

Seriously though...the dental assistant was drop dead gorgeous! :love: :rolling:

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I can remember that, as well as trying to access said internet using a state-of-the-art 2400 bits per second ISA modem. Those were the days :lol:

Just came back from Badminton. Pretty crazy games today! I'm exhausted and starving.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Crap! I think it's snowing again. Sheesh - you wouldn't believe that it was +24c yesterday. I hope the damn stuff melts as soon as it hits the ground.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You know what they say, Dragonfly! If you don't like Alberta's weather, just wait 10 minutes!

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Maybe I should move to Utah and get a root canal! :shake: Seriously, good to hear it's over and well over.

I've seen something like that! Not that I have ever been to Alberta but I have lived in Dublin. :)

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Root canals aren't nearly as bad as people think. I've had two, and they weren't really any worse than a filling; other people I know who have had root canals say the same thing.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've heard that saying for Utah, Montana, and Wyoming... :skeptic:

Speaking of weather...We're still not done with the snow yet either. It's 76 degrees right now and quite windy...however, by tomorrow night it's supposed to be below freezing and snowing. :bad:

ION - I just bought a door mat that has an ambigram of "Come In"/"Go Away". :lol: I think I'll situate it so people read "Go Away" as they approach my door. :D :rolling:

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I was pondering about my life so far, then it struck me ; I was born in the last bloody millennium. So this means my future children won't be born in the same one as me, quite perplexing indeed.

Now on the matter of weather, since it seems this topic is on everyone's lips these day. I know after a long and harsh winter we (and I mean all of us who are in the north-eastern part of the american continent) all want a good and hot spring (believe you me, if I didn't loved this place I would kiss its bloody winters soon enough). But then I consider the natural order of things; winter has always changed into spring, snow has always melted, trees has always bloomed. I don't think this years is going to be any different.

Anyhow, currently it's 9 C, I don't know what it is in Fahrenheit nor do I intend to found out - I find this particular temperature scale to be outdated and barbaric (seriously it's far more convenient to have freezing water at 0 then 32 or whatever) - It's sunny and hot. It has been a good nice spring day.

It bothers me that my new job's place hasn't been built yet, I've got the job only I can't work! I've been told it will be ready in a week, I'm eager to finally see my bank account going up.

Also, on a more ranting tone, I've got my latest French exam results; I've got two grammatical error in the whole paper. I should be pleased that I've got a mark 15 points higher than the average, yet I can't get past the fact I've got errors.

That is all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I don't feel like babbling.

13. Dice

Media:
    @ LKD -

Yep - about 1/2 hour after I wrote that the sun was shining and the sky was only moderately cloudy. BTW Kitrax - they might say that about other places but the weather is truely schizophrenic here.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Haha, finding a job as computer tech is proving to be a royal pain in the ass. The freaking job pays minimum wage as well, so I'm thinking it's RECYCLING TIME! I just might take the freaking welding class with my brother and have the stupid paper to back my skills.

Welding pays far better than computer tech, and I could work freaking NIGHT SHIFTS! /insert holy music here

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I think my back is seriously screwed. A friend thinks it's my Sciatic nerve. Hopefully heavier painkillers will help me function while I try to do something about it...

16. Dice

Media:
    Yep - Computer tech job market is saturated. Seems like everyone would love to have a nice computer desk job. Money is definately in labour these days.

@ Gnarf - Sorry about your back problems. Sever back pain can be really debilatating. Hope you can find something or someone who can help you with that.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Speak for yourself -- spring can go F itself.

You got that right. Wasted two years of my life for a futureless job. Bah.

Art is all well and good, but that's for a sideline. I can't possibly imagine living off a job in the art field.

A wedged nerve? Much fun, especially if it's the sciatic nerve. Gnarff, you've got yourself a golden excuse to do nothing -- Sciatica treatement requires a LOT of rest.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just found a review (in Danish) of BGII - ToB dated the 3rd of July, 20001. It must have fallen back to the present through a time warp.

Nice to know that people will still be playing the Baldur's Gate games in 20001. :grin:

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Yay, I'm away!
    On vacation, glad to say!
    It will rhyme every time . . .

OK, sorry, I'll stop.

Yes, DoTW, that papercutter accident hurt a lot, but now, all these decades later, all I have is a crescent shaped scar on the finger tip.

Gnarf, awfully sorry to hear the back is still bothering you so much.

I'm on a borrowed computer, but I can tell, I can just tell, that if you all work REALLY hard at it you'll have a new RBP thread started before I get back home!

Babble nicely, now.

20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Gnarf: Wrong tactics, trust me, especially if the pain is nerve related.

Stop trying to function, get to a bed and stay there for as long as you can.

My dad tried the painkillers version and ended up in surgery, just because he wouldn't take it easy and stay in bed.

Since your back pain seems to last for some time now, it could be nerve related.
    Consider going to a neurologist. If not, than rest (in bed, all day long). The results might surprise you.

Just a friendly suggestion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.