1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I've just received my exam results...they are great, which is strange considering I've slacked off maaaajorly. I'm happy, but also very surprised.

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Real printer driver programmers use "copy con driver.exe"! ;)

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I have cold feet of the literal variety.

4. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

thanks for all the support.i'm sure i'll find a job soon.i've been running some type of machine in some type of factory for my entire adult life,so i got skills a job would want.i agree that i'm better off away from that job.it did look funny that the oldest employee had only been there 2 years.

oh,be careful if you try to play some of these on-line they advertise here.i know 2 people that computer viruses from the monsters game

oops . i just rembered i was told to put spaces between punctuations . sorry . i forgot

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Still no news from either of the prospective jobs. I'm getting nervous! Maybe I should call the one I had an interview last Friday. Y'know to show I've initiative or...something. I just want a bloody job, university ain't gonna pay by itself.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dragon3, I doubt that they got viruses from any of the games advertised here.

And I asked you to put spaces AFTER punctuation marks, not before and after. You just have to look at other people's posts here to see what I mean.

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Many congrats on the boyfriend and continued sympathies on the arm. Hope the first turns out joyfully and the second isn't too bad.

It did actually flurry a bit here this morning but it's up to 38 F, about 3 C, so I don't expect much to remain with us.

I'm feeling a bit queasy. Hope I haven't acquired the same unpleasantness half of my acquaintances have.

Babble on, without me, if necessary, friends.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...on the news this afternoon, they were saying that the flu shots this year are ineffective. The wife and I have never believed in flu shots and this adds to our case: They either end up making you sick...or they just don't work to begin with! :nono:

I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't been sick at all for the past 2+ years, and I haven't had the flu since high school days. I wonder if that's due in part the multi-vitamin I take every day that has 5000% DV of Vitamin C and 100% to 500% of everything else. :bigeyes: :rolling:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Funny you mention the flu, Kit. Everyone around me has caught a rather solid one, and I eventually caught it. It's been more than a week now, and by that time, they all were feeling like crap, while I'm still doing good. My housemate compared my immune system to a CZW match - once it sees an enemy, it will proceed to beat the living crap out of it until it no longer moves.

I like the comparaison - CZW rocks and so does my immune system.

On a different note, I've been invited to a party this Friday. Knowing the guy who throws it, I won't even need to smoke MJ to be stoned. Gotta love a Manhattan.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Illness has hit the flat: looks like my immune system will be put to the test soon enough.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *note to self* Try to boost my immune system BEFORE the flu hits.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

To the girly's house for kisses and cuddles, then to the pub, for alcohol and METAL!

Good night, tonight.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    That seems a mighty fine evening there mate.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congrats!

I've done "copy con autoexec.bat" without a monitor once...

Congrats! Study results are often better when you relax sometimes. Can't be strung all the time. Some people score poorly because they study and study and study and forget to have a good night's sleep before taking the exams, which results in exhaustion taxing their performance.

Dinsdale likes this.
  15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Now that is how I should have spent the evening.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :beer: Aaah, Glühwein! :beer:

17. Ofelix

Media:
    I've nothing interesting to say.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As usual. :p

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Splunge, you wear your sarcasm well friend ;).

20. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I'm back in California for a couple of weeks since I don't start my new job in Oregon until March 3rd. I'm glad because now I get to be with my wife for a couple of weeks. Once I go up there for good I won't see her until the end of March. Then in April I have to go to Indianapolis for 3 weeks of training. This is all very exciting and somewhat daunting. It will all be worth it, though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.