1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    While I find Kitrax's attitude appalling (although not really surprising given the country he lives in), your suggestion doesn't really make sense. If the sight of the gun hasn't scared them away, then you're probably occupied with trying to fend off their attacks, and you don't likely have time to call the cops. I have a better idea for Kitrax - if your concern is over home security, spend some of that money on an alarm system and good locks for your doors, and use them.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yesterday I had an "interesting" conversation with a genuine dumb guy. We spoke on the matter of operating systems. In his view Linux was promoting piracy of software, since its free nature incited the downloading of software without "due payment" to their creator. At that point I felt it was a pointless conversation and choose to end this right away with a clever yet simple enough expression, my response was thus "Holy **** when you will know what you are talking about maybe I can speak to you. Good day!"

Confused to no end he then responded in surprise "Uh, what?"

I then cleverly responded, with the intend of further quoting some TV show "I said Good day".

It felt good, however it may not be the most "civlised" behaviour as I clearly made fun out of another human being. But, yeah guilty as charged that guy is just dumb, or at least clearly biased by corporate computer.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've got plenty of knives and swords. I've got 5 daggers, 3 swords, 2 pocket knives, and 2 glass mini-daggers. I think I'm good on sharp objects for now... :p
    Call me a red blooded American, but if I was protecting myself or my family, I would not hesitate to fill some dumb S.O.B. full of lead. If I ever have the privilege of teaching a criminal the ultimate lesson, I hope it sends a message to everyone in my area that you shouldn't F*** with other people's stuff! :2c:
    Besides, going to the shooting range with friends and family is a fun activity...especially when I have the best score! :D

If I do end up getting a gun, there are two that I would love to have:
    A Walther P99 Quick Action
    and
    A Walther PPK
    Even though the PPK isn't a full 9mm, a 380ACP is close enough. I've shot both these guns before and I love them both. The P99 is a little over $600 though...
    One thing I hate is the fact that any Walther gun bought in the US has a stupid Smith & Wesson logo machined in to the barrel right above the Walther logo...simply because they are the company that imports them. Lame...If I wanted a crummy SW logo, I would have bought one of their crummy guns. :nolike: :rolling:

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Come on... the James Bond pistol?

I might have worded that badly. What I meant was:
    1) Kit takes his .22 and shouts "Yo mofo! This is a stick-up, take off your Rolex... no wait. Hands up, douchebag!"
    If the villain of this movie doesn't run away:
    2) Kit shoot the baddie in the leg and shouts (he isn't alone): "Call the cops!" and hides.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Go Kit! Except forget the 9mm business. Get a big honking Dirty Harry gun -- and if some loser breaks into your house, aim for HIS jewels, if you get my drift.

I hate criminals.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Kit,
    I can only laud your decision to buy German products.

Except for that, today I'm flying to Munich for a friend's wedding and I'll return on Monday :)

8. Ofelix

Media:
    People and guns... never understood the "primal urge" to carry a lethal weapon. Isn't life too valuable to waste it?

Hhmm I think I'm turning vegetarian :eek:, I haven't ate meat in three days. Today my lunch consisted of carrot, turnips, celery, apples, cheese, wheat cookies, dark chocolate (left overs from Easter) and jasmine green tea. Quite a lunch!

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sounds healthy Flix, even the chocolate. Nothing wrong with being vegetarian as long as you make sure you get enough iron and the right combinations of protein.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah, and tasteful too, but thing is I do like meat, just didn't felt like eating it.

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I have strange urge to go to vegetarian dinner. Somebody please help!

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, this made me laugh so hard I nearly passed out.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    I shaved my beard! It feels...strange. But the result isn't as bad as I suspected, I'm still handsome.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

On Tuesday I went for the Computer upgrades. After hearing conflicting reports on what expansion slot I had, I found myself with the wrong video card. By this time, the drivers for my old one were uninstalled. Now, I'm stuck with the onboard card for a few days until I can see about a new video card that actually works in my machine. I hope Civ IV still works off the on board...

15. Kitrax

Media:
    I like German cars, German guns, and German women. :love:

@Ofelix- You think you're turning vegetarian, you hate guns, and you're French-Canadian...I think I see a pattern here. :p :rolleyes:

Well, considering your previous posts on the subject, your opinion on the type of gun I get are null and void... but just because I'm curious, what do you have against "Bond" guns? They are both extremely accurate, and are quite comfortable to shoot. :rolling:

16. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Kit, I've nothing against your JB Super Soaker, it's a classy decision.

ION, Hemorrhoids.

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I've just seen ordinary yellow oil transforming into extraordinary snowflake crystals right before my eyes, in my hand, totally unexpected.

And I'm going home for the weekend.

Life can be beautiful sometimes.:)

18. Ofelix

Media:
    What's that supposed to mean?

19. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I think he means you're a liberal (small "L"). Or perhaps something else, not quite sure . . .

One more day until a 9 day break!! Can't freaking wait!

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Hehehe.... :evil: :lol: :evil:
    I'd better keep like mouth shut before Tal yells at me. :p

In other news...the wife is making enchaladas for dinner tonight! :yum: Mmmmm....my favorite dish. :love: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.