1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Currently my initials are CPMJMK.
    C is my firstname
    PMJ are my middle names
    MK is my surname

I'm adding Pinky as a middle name, my grandmas maiden names as extra surnames, my married in surnames and my boyfriend/fiancés surname as well

so
    C as a firstname
    PMJP as middle names
    MKDAKKS as surnames

CPMJMK to CPMJPMKDAKKS :rolling:

I love filling in forms!:D

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I prefer my own initial, "MF" simple and short. That's name and family name btw.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My housemate came home with two BFC (big f****** can - aka a 32oz can) of Monster, including one for me.

It's been aeons since I last drank Monster, and it's exponentially stronger than Jolt... looks like someone's gonna be hyper in a few hours. What to do with all this wonderful energy? :hmm: :skeptic:

*EDIT* S***, I had forgotten how POTENT Monster was... man, after downing that BFC. I feel like I did speed. :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

For some reason I find myself unable to babble today...I hope it's not fatal...

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, a few hours ago I was a complete house of fire, but after exerting that energy, man, I'm freaking tired...

/me bashes a steel chair on my head

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

All I did today was Sleep, eat, game, watch some TV and a little bit of work. I need to get out more...

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    GASP!!! Our little 8 is all grown up. :eek: :nono:

In other news...I now have 50% of my new computer in my possession. Today, I finally found a site that had the Intel E8400 CPU in stock, so I jumped all over that bad boy. Unfortunately, all the really expensive parts are yet to be ordered. :doh: :rolling:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to be twenty this year and all :roll:

Got another strike of depression last night. Wasn't fun. Didn't sleep and kept my boy up until two in the morning texting him, he didn't mind though, he's far too nice :lol:

Have to take a top back to get it replaced and all, not happy with that at all :cry: they kinda know me in the shop, but I don't remember getting a receipt from them, it *is* obviously a construction problem with the top at least :( it's typical, I finally get money and buy something for myself and it breaks before I even get to wear it. :nolike:

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Last day at work...zen I'm ghoing tho chchavve a jollee good week'nd :beer:

Holy Norwegian blackmetalband, teacher Flix! Norwegian's tougher to translate than I imagined. If only Olimikrig'd be here, he'd crack that nut in no time I gather (since he's a dane, right?) It's like I kind of get a fuzzy picture of what's going on, but the details are shot right into the abyss...

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I thought so, I mean related language doesn't always mutual intelligibility between them. I mean I can somewhat understand Spanish but can't really provide a true translation. Because even though a word with similar spelling and/or pronunciation in two related languages it doesn't necessarily means they're cognate.

Example; look at spanish salir and french salir both have the same exact spelling, yet in spanish it means "to leave" while in french is "to dirty"

And sometimes "same" word have different etymologies in it's "mother language"
    example; look at spannish casa and french maison

Spanish took the word from Latin casa (genitive casae); f, first declension; "hut, cottage"

While French took the word from Latin mansio "to stay, remain" (Also a cognate of English Mansion)

I assume it would be the same in the Germanic family of languages.

PS; I also considered studying linguistic in History, :p Could you tell?

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mine are CJD.

Unfotunate, eh?

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I bought a new suit today that makes me look very respectable, and a shirt and a tie. :cry: :2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c: :cry:

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A new suit, shirt and tie for 22 cents?

I think you mean "destitute", not "respectable".

:p

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, thinking of it, substituting the cents for Euro comes pretty close.
    But destitute, yeah, sounds about right :D

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That would explain the sad faces he is making.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lawyers have to keep up appearances of success or they don't get hired. :(

17. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Really? Mine are CDJ!

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's 3rd day of non stop rain. It's getting very boring.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Initial siblings are we!

20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Happy... some saint's day! I'll post more when I'm sober.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.