1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ah, the worm turns . . . ;)

RL is unbelievably complicated at the moment. Oh, well. Maybe I'll get back to regular babbling soon . . .

But to all who are dealing with even more serious RL issues of grief, illness, jobs, school, etc., my thoughts are with you, even if my posts are not.

So babble on without me, friends, till I can get a little more caught up.

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Gotta love those typos :p

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I want a benevolent giant to pick me up and give me a hug, make me some hot chocolate and understand what I'm trying to say from one syllable.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I just wanted to say that the friction between the droletariat, the slightly more amusing social class and the boretariat, the more boring class of people might start a whole new revolution of bad puns...

...and now, heads will roll - the revolution will devour it's children, just execute me already...

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yayness! I have also been accepted at the second university in the same field (history), that's the UdeM short for Université de Montréal* ! This means I get to choose between both ones. Even though I may pay a little more at UdeM and it is located more far away, I think I shall select UdeM nonetheless for several reasons;

1- My current History teacher in college went to this university and recommended it.
    2- She (my teacher) has the same job I want to have - i.e Teacher in collegial level
    3- This establishment has a better reputation
    4- It is the oldest french-language university in Montréal
    5- I've been told lasses are cuter there :lol:

Okay I'll admit number four and five are kind or irrelevant, but meh.

So, in five year, when I'll complete my Master's Degree, prepare to call me "Teacher Flix"

This is most good news.

* Does this really requires a translation?

EDIT: Does anyone speaks Norwegian? I have this Black Metal CD, from the Band Windir I would like to know what the lyrics of a particular song means.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

So, this means in five years I can put you through teacher's hell? :evil: :lol:

7. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Third day into spring break - have done NOTHING productive, despite several attempts.

Going to Washington DC tomorrow for the heck of it, trying to figure out what to do once I get there.

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Okay... my co-worker and I were comparing symptoms to see which was of us was worse off and needed to stay home. This is amusing and frightening all at the same time.
    For the curious, I told her to stay home, so I am at work.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me repeatedly bashes a steel chair on my head

Out of caffeine till Friday. This isn't gonna be fun...

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Gee...and I thought *my* life was sad...at least I've never had to reload a game whilst still in Candlekeep! :p :shake:

In other news, my internet connection was cut off the other day when the construction crew down the road dug up the friggin' cable!!! :flaming: They finally got my service restored around 10am this morning...right around the time I needed to go to sleep. :bang: :rolling:

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My sleep pattterns have been screwy lately. I have trouble sleeping for more than a few hours at a time, and have trouble staying awake when I need to. Add to this that my back is acting up, and I may or may not be catching another cold, and things could really suck...

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Flix: I know a little swedish, maybe I could decipeher some of the meanings, since as far as norwegians are concerned, swedish is only a dialect of norwegian... :rolleyes:

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm feeling migrainish ... :nolike:

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Irrelevant? Why do you think that I chose the uni I'm at?

15. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Teaching ESL is stressful. And it adversely effects my grammar, wurd choice and spellling.

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

And so it happend, I got cold :(

17. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

my weeks are now wasted with overtime. with a 10 hour day, and a 40 minute drive each way, there isn't much time left gor anything else.i hope there will not be any work on saturday. we'll still go to the rythym and ribs on the weekend, tho. in town has a big thing with blues bands ( yuck ) and different places from around the country that cook bbq ribs ( yummy ). we go to it every year and gorge ourselves on ribs

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I might, just might, have a few beers tomorrow. :beer:

Less than a week until the Easter break. Whew.

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't sleep properly without my boyfriend anymore :( When he's here I sleep really well though. Well, apart from two nights ago when he elbowed me i nthe face and nearly pushed me out the bed :xx:

Have also had a bit of a pregnancy scare, lol. He was actually quite terrified, poor thing. I don't think I'd actually mind myself, which is a rather worrying deduction o_0

Also, changing my name soon, yay!

My initials will be: CPMJPMKDAKKS ^_^

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Err, what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.