1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Well, the show went pretty well. I mean, it was poorly written (A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum), but everyone pretty much nailed everything. I actually laughed at one or two points (although I saw it 9 times, so nothing was funny for me by the end).

I am the Sound Engineer and Assistant Tech Director for the shows, by the way, I didn't act in them.

2. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    We mostly call them hotdogs here... :)

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yah, I like Chai Tea with milk too Flix.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

More poor PII/K7 were victim of my wrath today, courtesy of my faithful buddy barbed wire sledgehammer. I should make a living out of demolition.

My neighbors just moved out. Let's just hope the new ones will be as low key as those ones were...

5. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

this is just a test to see if i did it right. i'm not sure if i did. i'm very good at doing things wrong. but thanks for helping me. if i screw it up, i'll try it a different way. thanks for offering to come over and help, but i think i'll figure it out. my wife would not be understanding if i brough over a girl from the internet to teach me stuff. we know it's all innocent, but she watches too many soaps

6. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31

i did it!!!!! i did it!!!!!!!!! yay! look, everyone. i did it right on the first try

jaded empath likes this.
  7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

With any luck my sinuses should be clear by tomorrow. Up next, to figure the logistics for a first date (and hope that she agrees...)

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've heard them called: Franks, Frankfurters, Wieners, Foot Longs, Dogs, Ball Parks, and Coneys. The term 'hot dog' is most commonly used however.

I remember being at a resteraunt with my dad one time, and he ordered Wieners and Cackle-berries...it turned out to be sausages and eggs. :skeptic: Old people have weird terms for things. :rolling:

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Kit, Chandos,
    doesn't a generic sausage become a hot dog only when put between two lengthy slices of bread?

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Bleh, messed up my latin test this morning. :(

Well done. Incidentally, there is an edit button if you wish to avoid double posting. :)

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not necessarily.

I'm tired, must eat and then I'm off to bed for an undetermined amount of time...hopefully 12 hours. :love: :rolling:

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, I do. Though it's a very tiny one, hardly useful for self defense. I mostly use the tiny scissors and tiny screwdriver head, not the tiny blade.

Actually it would work for Terry Pratchett's City Watch air wing gnome, I forget his name, as a hefty weapon, so maybe it would be good, in certain universes, for self defense, for a given value of self defense.

As for hot dogs, they are hot dogs unless they come in a can with baked beans, and then they are a gourmet specialty item :rolleyes: called Beanie Weenie. Not sure that's spelled right.

And, it rained, it's windy still, trash cans blowing all over town, and someone finally yanked the power to that malfunctioning burglar alarm at the Yamaha dealer.

Ugly week at work, three evening meetings, plus a couple of personal evening commitments over the weekend. I prefer to sit at home in my recliner playing on the computer or reading, but not this week.

Adulthood. Not all it's cracked up to be, boys and girls.

13. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I do beleive i am now the proud owner of the worlds most worthless legal tender. Found a 2 Zim Dollar note, worth a whole 0.0000335589 GBP.

14. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31

i never noticed the edit button until you rubbed my nose in it. thanks for pointing it out to me

and i even managed to use it

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    First draft of the essay done! Finally.

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I never carried a knife...

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I've takend my measurement recently, (five minutes ago) and I weight 85.4 kg and my height is 177.5 cm. Not too bad, considering I weighed 128 kg four years ago. That's a 46.6 kg loss.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ofelix, I wouldn't call that "not too bad". I'd call it fantastic! :thumb:

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    That would be an overstatement, it is relatively easy to loose weight when one's mind is set. It is not fantastic. All it takes is a little willpower, the very thing I seem to lack in my academic endeavours.

If only classes where stimulating! I was actually told to stop making commentaries or question during history class since it "slowed" down the course. I assure you they weren't stupid commentaries either, I only wanted to point out the similitude of another culture at the same time and draw a theory that certain custom and myths could be spread around a certain cultural or geographical area.

Example;
    At this time we were studying Ancient Egyptian's mythology and most of the feminine deities were associated with fertility and other maternal aspect while masculine deities were more associated with martial prowess, the sky, thunder etc. I only pointed out that in the middle east of that time (we're talking around 1000 BC, wayyy before Islam) had a similar polytheistic views of masculine and feminine deities. I also asked if this similitude could be because of a religious view that was wide spread in the region before the respective culture developed. It seems that these "question" were out of bound or something, and they slowed the course.

How can I take this class seriously after that? How can I be stimulated with this atmosphere?

And I'm not talking about my two other classes which are equally frustrating and pointless.

I sincerely hope University will be better.

Edit: In a more babbling-friendly comment it seems this post is my 4700th. I can now honnestly say that I do not have a life. Thank you.

20. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31

In the States, a hot dog is a type of sausage (though never referred to as one) made of finely ground pork, chicken, and beef. Some varieties are only beef. They are eaten in "buns". Some choose to eat sausages hot dog style, but that does not make them hot dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.