1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Kind of a scary situation I encountered today. I was walkin and talking with my sis, going to this netcafe I'm in right now when this young quite good looking but scruffily clothed woman who was so very wasted on whoever knows what else besides alcohol stopped by walking in front of me. When I tried to walk past her she pulled my arm and then I noticed that she was holding this big ****ing rock in her hand. Oh, okay...let's take it easy then and stop for a spell...Then she started swinging the rock and threw it into the ground with force. Phew, so she wasn't actually going to cave my head in. Allrighty...Well I didn't think she actually would, but you never know. Then she threw a couple of feeble punches which I blocked easily and when she failed to vent her frustration on me, she fell to the ground, sobbing. I started to walk away but returned to see if she needed any help. Eventually I would've called the cops but someone had already phoned them and when they took her in she pretended that she'd know me and that I'd know her. That was pretty awkward. Of course the cops wouldn't buy a word she was saying. I just told them what had happened and they didn't question me further and I walked away. I hope she'll get over it, whatever it is what's bothering her...

2. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

wow, iku, i'm glad nothing happened to you. it's getting where it isn't safe to walk the streets any more. i remember when i was younger, this guy came running across the street at me with a knife in his hand. i pulled mine out, and he stopped and then ran away. sometimes you get some close calls.

thanks, stef. the job is only 29 miles from home. i'd rather work closer to home, but i'm glad to have a job at all. i've never seen it so bad. usually,i fill out 5 applications today, and have 4 calls tomorrow. i'm a very good machinist. i'll hold on to this job for a long time

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Decados, put your brain in the freezer, that should help. Don't mind the cold and numbness, they'll go away soon. Forever. :evil:

"Only"? :eek: Admittedly I live in Luxembourg and the greatest distance to anywhere in the country is 20 minutes.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Brain in freezer...well, it is beginning to sound attractive.

Yes, m'am!

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Trell,
    20 minutes as a crow flies, or as a pigeon flies?

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    20 minutes as a Toyota Picnic flies after you've installed the flux capacitor and ran 1.21 gigawatts through it.

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

It is disappointing that I am the most cynical person that humankind has been able to present to me, so far.

It's enough to make a person....jaded... :skeptic:

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Poor girl. Glad you didn't get a stone to year head, of course.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well apparently my vision hasn't changed, though I'll get new glasses nonetheless, these ones are scratched and are too small, they annoy the hell outa me. 260$ Yikes!

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Actually, with a flux capacitor, 1.21 gigawatts and a DeLorian I could do it in minus 20 minutes.

Love your taste in films, BTW. :D

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    SAC tomorrow. Not looking forward to it :(

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Just went to my new apartment and checked it out. I can't move in until the 5th but I drove the back streets to my new job location and it only took me fifteen minutes. I'm sure it'll be a little longer at rush hour, but that's still not too bad. :) It rained off and on today but was actually quite beautiful and there is a nice sunset right now. I already love it up here.

What's even better is my wife is coming up to visit me next weekend to celebrate our one year anniversary. I'm looking forward to that. After that she goes back to California for three weeks before moving up here for good at the end of March. Another cool thing is that she has two job interviews next week. I hope that they go well.

As for jobs, I start my new job on Monday. I'm excited about it but also a little apprehensive. It should be good though.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Just when you think your getting over the flu, it pulls you back in...

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yah! STUPID Daylight Saving Time.. I HATE it with a passion. Why the hell do they have to go and mess up our sleeping patterns again, and just when I was getting hopeful about enjoying spring again... *grumbles some more about losing an hour of sleep*

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I banged the hell out of a few metal sheets to form something vaguely artistic I'm not sure will end up into a work of art or simply in the trash. I'll see where my venting takes my art.

Also had two old PCs to dispose of after scavenging the useful parts, which reunited me with my faithful friend barbed wire sledgehammer. Good times, these were.

I'm caressing the idea of regrowing my hair. Yup, a possible return of the mohawk.

Meh, that would just have rattled Iku's brain and make him a little more insane. :lol: :heh:

Just kidding, my brother.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's not a good meal unless you can feel your arteries clog up as you're eating! :eek: :rolling:

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Isn't that what we have the likes of McDonalds for? *shudder*

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ewww, McDonalds... In a slightly less irrelevant manner; I will get my new glasses around Wednesday, which is good. I also got the shades for practically nothing.

Babble on!

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Nah...McDonalds is for people who like salmonella, and meat that has so much filler, you can practically read the Sunday paper just by looking at your meat patty. :bad:

In other news, the music for StarCraft 2 is awesome! :D :rolling:

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Huh? You used to have a knife with you? For situations like this? Pretty edgy...

:hahaerr: Well, quite frankly, that might be just what would've happened. That would've been interesting.. :rolleyes: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.