1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've been reading a bit about cerebellums since it turns out I'm either without a quarter of it or half of it's squeezed tight. I'm just guessing it's squeezed. Sqweezd! Woo!

Saw my MRI images you see...pretty nifty.

Well, in any case...Did you know that there's at least one case reported in which a cerebellar dysfunction has caused stuttering among the regular symptoms? Pretty interesting...

...I only stutter when my blood pressure increases. Heck, I've lost the ability to move my body or speak at all after...umm...well increased blood pressure, due to...umm "exercising" with..umm...a girl... :rolleyes:

So... *cough* *cough* What next?

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Why is Iku blushing when he's only talking about normal sporting activies? I mean that's the only thing he could...
    ...Oh wait, he's talking about... oh. :whoa:

ION, Holy crap yahtzee showed his face on ZP.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    And off to bounce I go!

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    That is a pretty good physical activities, your cardiac rhythm gets pretty high, and feeling sore because of muscle strain is also expected. :p

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Damn right. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

/me gives a 32oz can of Jolt Orange Blast

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Now the heat has gone out in one wing of the building. Right on schedule, it won't make it up to freezing today and will probably be below 20 F (below -7 C) tonight.
    I'll just bet the whole building's uninhabitable tomorrow.
    Home early for me, where I will be very unhappy indeed if there's a heating problem there, too!

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Got a new job. :)

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Congratulations Chev!

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Feeling a bit better, but actually getting off my duff to do something will still leave me short of breath...

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My grandmother is going to have to get a revision of her hip replacement done. Problem is, there;s a high chance she will not survive the anesthesia. It's a lose-lose situation, since not fixing the hip is not an option.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Do dee do dee dee...

Hmmm...why isn't spring here yet? I need a beach. :cry: :rolling:

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Keep working the law Chev? ;)

Hmm, yes, more... :coffee2: Just give it to me, yeah, that's right...keep it smooth, just the way I like it. Ooh. Just can't get enough of it. No sirree, more coffee! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Congrats! :banana:

14. Ofelix

Media:
    The Flix casts Summon Spring VI
    The Flix looks outside
    The spell has failed

damnit! I'm tired of winter. :(

15. revmaf

Chev, yay!
    Stefanina, I'm sorry.
    Flix, well, yeah. Temperature has shot up to 18 F (about -7C) here, though my office is just barely habitable at about 64 F (about 17 C). That's not a bad temperature if you're moving around but I'm sitting at a desk and getting chilly.

I was astonished to pass through the wing without heat when I got to work and find it was only in the low 50's F (about 11 C) even with no heat in the wing overnight. Better insulated than I thought, plus a bit more heat seeping in from the rest of the building than I expected.

Still snow on the ground and slick spots on shady roads and ice on bridges, but the sun is out and we may well rise above freezing today, and by the weekend it's supposed to be as warm outside as it is in my office right now. ;) Sorry, Flix.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    I, uh, I'm kinda scared by amazon's search engine. I was searching This movie "Dong" didn't yield any good result. So, I tried instead entering the pinyin rendition of the director's name, Jia Zhangke. However the result amazon gave me was "the third season of Battlestar Galactica", wtf?!

So, I haven't been able to find this documentary. I also wanted to see another movie from the same director,Still Life, who has some relation to the documentary. While Amazon has it, the dvd only offers the dubbed english version not the original chinese, again why?

Meeeeeeh

NB: I'm talkind about Amazon.ca but, it's still pretty scary. Battlestar Galactica?

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Congratulations Chev!

In other news, one of my shoelaces snapped. Oddly, the other shoelace shows no sign of wear, while this one had almost been gnawed through. I'm trying not to follow through that thought.

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

OMG you people are weird....damn glad to be one of you...

Anyway, we have a Shave For A Cure day coming up at work...one of the front-office girls is nagging me to go in for it but I can't see it happening...it's taken too much effort and policy-dodging to get my hair to the length it is...mayhap I'll set up two donation tins at the bar, one for people who want me to shave my hair off and one for those who don't...then flood the "don't shave" tin myself... :D

ION @chev: congrats on the new job... :banana:

19. revmaf

Weird? Weird? You want weird?

Well, OK, not the worst place to find it.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Weird, adjective
    1. involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny: a weird sound; weird lights.
    2. fantastic; bizarre: a weird getup.

Soooo unless we're all "unearthly" or "supernatural" entities we're quite normal it seems.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.