1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I finally updated my graphics card from a 6200 to a 8800. It can now RUN things.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'll need to buy the right video card before I can upgrade. Turns out what I was misinformed about what type of expansion slot I have in my computer, so I have $150 tied up in a card I can't use...

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Finaly I showed up at work with the human pants afterall.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sigh, waiting in my car at midnight during a snow storm for 20 minutes while the cops had the end of my street barricaded for God knows what reason was certainly not fun. Oh well, at least they finally cleared out and allowed me to get home. I was starting to think that I would have to drive to my parents house and spend the night there.

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Showing up with rakhasa pants would have been maybe considered a bad decision.

I want gingerbread cookies!

EDIT: I just saw a WoW advert with Shatner, scary. And then one with Mr.T... :eek:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...it's is cold and windy right now. I went outside on my last break and it was so cold it felt like I got slapped in the face. :bad: The weather monitor on my work's website said it got down to 18 degrees (F) with wind gusts up to 12mph. I don't know how to calculate wind chill...but I know it feels a lot colder than 18 degrees. :rolling:

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Meh, you think 18F (-7C) is cold? Yesterday we had -20C (-4F) and presently it's -12C (10F)

Anyhow, was thinkin' of going Xmas shopping today, gotta find presents for the whole family / friends thing. Yeah, my first pay check is already spent. Meh.

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Nonononono, you guys are missing the point. I could easily have spent £300 on glasses, but i just wanted a quick, cheap pair to do me till i got to my actual opticians, and the cheapest i could get still set me back £70.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My glasses cost me over $1,000 two years ago, but that's in part because I had to make the switch to progressive lenses (which are like bifocals, but less old-farterish). And because my eyesight is pretty bad, I wanted to go for the thinnest lenses I could get to avoid coke-bottle bottoms.

Of course, this replaced glasses that were 10 years old, so $100 per year isn't bad.

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    A tip to win any video game battle, shout: "Baby needs a new pair of shoes!" and something lucky's always going to happen.

ION, I'm eating old food again. :yum:

11. Ofelix

Media:
    This isn't a random babbling post.

-Treachery of Images, The Flix, 2007

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I took a long, hot bath this morning, and I feel warm and sleepy ever since. I'd just like to go to bed. Which I won't before ten-ish.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Tomorrow morning I will be digging out from a blizzard. Freezing rain then a butt load of snow...

I will hate tomorrow I think...

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh my god I'm so hungry this morning. Was going to have some brekky but I woke up too late. A trip down to the canteine is in order - my arse is eating my trousers!!

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I need...
    ...A way to change my English mark -_-;'

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I need...the motivation to work on my German presentation for tomorrow...

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...but you live in the frozen northern tundra also known as Canada...so your argument doesn't count. :p It will get much colder here since it's not even winter yet. :bad:

In other news...I'm a second cousin again. My cousin had her baby last night at 7pm. :D :rolling:

18. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    My boss is on vacation all week. Should be a nice week at work.

Glad it's not 18F here. It got down to about 40F last night which is pretty chilly for here (as you well know, Kitrax). Today it's in the 60's. Quite nice, actually. Of course that's why this place is so obscenely overpopulated.

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah probably should eat, I've been told the human body needs daily food to function proprely. But meh, it's passed Leet hour and I'm just lazy.

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I spent the evening with friends at the Christmas market, and it was freezing cold and from standing around there I'm freezing cold. To correct that, I'm having a good glass of hot grog now, and it works: I start to feel warm and tired over it.

Yeah, like that ... :beer: :xx: :sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.