1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Woot, got out of school today! No more classes until Jan. 2! (Which is a terrible day to return on because that means we have no time to recover from New Year's!)

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Still feeling a bit irritable- some of my flatmates came back at 3 in the morning (with a friend or two) and proceeded to play music, screech and shout for what felt like an age. Needless to say, I was not best pleased at being woken at that time.

However, heading home tomorrow for 3 weeks Christmas break. Should be rather good.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Darn, I'm really bad at explaining my chaotic thoughts on complex matters. I prefer to deal with them in a written manner so I can structure them appropriately.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    A good day: Peep Show, couple new records, fourth disc drive for my compy (one only plays CDs, one doesn't burn and the third can't burn DVDs, the new does everything) and beer for christmas.

5. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I can't concentrate today. The only thing I seem to be able to focus on is making sarcastic remarks to my co-workers. Oh well, only two hours until I'm out of this infernal place for the weekend.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Working in half an hour, good thing the place is near here, like five minute walk. Anyway received my first pay check today, now the job makes sense. Go money!

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Soooo close to the end of classes, it's rather frustrating. I wish I could just POOF! and be finished with these last few little things that need to be done (you know, finals, major essays, the little things). I'm completely done with piano, will be finished with french tonight and english tomorrow, then physics after that...

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, the holiday rush has begun in earnest at my store - we had trouble getting our meat, cheese and other perishable stock into the cooler due to the shelves being filled with sandwich, cheese & meat trays prepared for orders. I think we ended up having over twenty trays picked up today...which is about the same what we sell in a week normally. :eek:

It was BUSY, but a fun kinda busy; all of us were coping and could joke around a little. Though entering into the eighth hour of my shift, my hips and other leg joints were really achy. :(

I'm still kinda bummed I missed an appointment I had last week at work with some kinda 'occupational therapist' (I got laid low by the flu and was all feverish the day of the appointment :nolike:) because he apparently would've been able to give me advice on lifting stuff and working to compensate for my arthritic knees and legs. Gotta speak with the boss about making another appointment...

(Ironically, my back is GREAT; never so much as a twinge...probably because I took "lift with your knees not your back" to heart about as soon as I could read...so my back was spared at the expense of my knees! ;) )

But yeah, I'll be taking my copy of Ghostbusters to work tomorrow - I hope a twenty-minute break will be long enough to wait in line for an autograph and a chance to thank him for all the fun! :)

(BTW he was on the phone with a local radio station generating some buzz for the signing; he sounds totally different and much older over a long-distance phone connection that's broadcast on the FM waves :p )

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Have a truckload of wood to go out tomorrow and really need to get some wood thrown in. My knee is getting better, but I think my happy thought for tomorrow is going to be Tylenol...

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's not bad. The glasses I wear every day costs $175 for the frame and an extra $50 for lenses. :bad: My new pair of Oakley sunglasses cost $95 for the frame and $200 for the lenses. :eek:

But you get what you pay for...my last Oakleys last me over 6 years... :rolling:

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Had a LAN on Friday, and a MOC meeting today. My spaming has suffered.

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Yeah, I was about to say that the lenses cost so much due to their durability - I'd sat on mine so many times and merely popped the bows off the frame; click-click and I'm back in business.

Eventually I simply lost my Oakleys (just about the only thing the maker can't guarantee :lol:) by leaving them behind at the barber shop and not noticing until the next day. :(

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm on call for people who can't see Dan Aykroyd today if the lines are too long.

Veggies need wedgies 'cause meat can't be beat! :banana:

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I hit something painful in my eye when I wanted to take out my contacts yesterday. Now it feels weird. I can see just fine, but the corner of the eye acts weird.

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    But monkeys can be spanked!

OK, that was very juvenile, but in my defense, so am I. :xx:

:p

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I got one of my teachers BG2 and ToB for christmas! He had played BG1 before, so I got him this because it is one of the best games ever. He is excited.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Pants are so overrated, why do I have to wear 'em at work? I mean I'm just working in client services as a clerk. Oh well workin' in an hour and a half.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It would look pretty weird if you went to work without pants, wouldn't it? :p

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I was supposed to babble something about Salmari (Salty liquorice + vodka).
    But now I'm feeling too philosophical to be able to babble.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

[​IMG]
    Not to mention cold. :p

And don't pull that nonsense rebuttle "Winter was invented by the clothing companies!" :D

ION, I never bothered using my "Phone-A-Friend" because the lineup was WAAAY too long after even a half-hour beyond the start (see below for why I wasn't in there just before the start like I planned).

Never saw Mr. A ...but I did see the lineup...beginning to stretch back into my store. :eek:

I'm pretty ambivalent about not getting an autograph now, but that was a miserable lunch break I took - after waiting almost four hours before I took my first break (started at 10am and the signing started at 2pm) I found that everyone else decided to leave on break/lunch, with only me and the chicken guy, who was busy cooking wings at a breakneck pace for party orders, and I'd be damned if that poor slob was gonna get stuck in the same position I would see MANY A TIME when I worked chicken. (but I'm not bitter ;) )

So I hung on longer, my arthritic joints beginning to throb and pulse with uncomfortable heat, and served the meat and salad cases while we waited for someone - anyone - to show up.

Half an hour later, the regular employee came back from her break, and I'm off like a shot. I pass the checkouts and start down the hallway towards the liquor store, and I see one of my bosses (Deli Manager and her immediate subordinate - Deli Supervisor - were both working today) smiling and grinning like she always is and waving me away "Don't bother; the line's too long...blah-blah-blah".

Yeah, thanks <CENSORED>. (which is weird; I like her a lot - very cheerful and friendly)

So I went and ground my lunch up in my mouth and swallowed, instead. At least I got to sit down, I guess. :skeptic:

IOON, my estimation that yesterday my deli was swamped with tray orders was dwarfed by TODAY's raft of tray orders. :hahaerr:
    (For more details, check out my impending post over in "Work/School venting" thread or whatever its name is)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.