1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nice one Ragusa...generally considered a bit of an honour no? Though it doesn't seem to carry the same weight it once did, still quite an honour...:thumb:

Speaking of children, I would like to know when the cosmic screwing-over stops. I just found out that my last ex is pregnant. Apparently to me. Mind you, I've ALWAYS been safe in that regard and it's been some 2-and-a-half to three months since our last 'interlude' if you will...:bang:

Can someone please shoot me? Or at least put me to sleep for a couple hundred years?

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Sports radio, Civ IV, and cooking lunch. Boring day...

I need a life, don't I?

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That's easily proven by a DNA test. If you need to, a judge can order it, because you may be legally responsible. If it is yours, is it your first? I waited till fairly llate in life to have kids, and I never realized what I had been missing out on. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, as great as having kids. When you hold your first child in your arms, you will understand what I am saying.

chevalier likes this.
  4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not really...that is, if it took 4 hours to cook that lunch. :p I've been wasting time on GE, so I punched in your town's name...and I must say, it must be hard to have any kind of life with a population of ~1500, you're surrounded by the Great Lakes, and you're so far south that you might as well be American. :p :shake:

In other news, my allergies are going crazy, and I'm fresh out of pills. :wail: :rolling:

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Aldazar,
    I do feel honoured for being offered to be godfather :)

As for your circumstances, a pity that fertility has such a silly way to take some of the fun out of interludes, fortunately after the fact. I for my part have been very lucky to have been spared so far, despite not having always been safe :o But then, if it's your child, you're becoming a father! Chandos is right on.
    My friends have been reading these merry pregnancy books and they're slightly annoyed because unlike what they write there not everything is swell, and not that they're not looking forward to the child, but nowhere in these books they write about slightly depressing financial implications, imperfect timing in life, the joys of vomiting and the like.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My trachea makes a crunching noise when I twiddle my adam's apple.

7. Ragusa

Media:
    I recently became aware that there is a brand named 'Trojan' for condoms in the US. Which raised immediately all sorts of troubling questions in my mind. What sort of name is that? I certainly find it disturbing. Haven't they read Homer? Like in Trojan Horse? Some hidden surprise? :eek: Aldazar, you haven't been using one of those to be 'safe', have you? :eek:

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, without intentionally dampening any good thoughts and good wishes on this, I do already in fact have 2 sons, both of which I'm paying child support for, both to different mothers. One mother is one of "those" types and managed to turn my son with her against me after approximately 3 years of court battles to get contact, she actually managed to get him to the point where he said he wanted to "shoot him (me) dead" because I "made mummy sick". VERY long story, I can relate it if anyone wishes to know any further details, PM me I guess to keep it from unnecessarily taking up space it doesn't need to, or I can post it in a seperate thread if enough people actually WANT to know, I don't mind.

Anyway, the other mother is a tad flaky and while things were really rocky at first, we got our communication back on track for a while but it has been sliding away again lately.

So I know how wonderful it is to hold your own child/children in your arms, I know the difference it makes, but the reason this latest development is affecting me so much is because this particular ex is an ex for a reason and every time she brought up the subject of kids when we were together I made sure to tell her bluntly that I'm just not ready and may not be for a long time. Which I suppose makes the interlude all the more stupid. And I'm startign to rant again so I'm gonna shut up for now before I DO have to start a whole new thread.

9. Ragusa

Media:
  10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ragusa, congratulations - being a godparent is an honor, indeed.

Aldazar, commiserations. I am sorry you find yourself in a situation you don't want to be in.

Myself, grrr, thanks to forecast my Thursday meeting here was canceled, and now they're waffling on the forecast. Eh, East Tennessee in winter.

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Got to demonstrate Fencing today to folk interested in joining the club, then tommorrow its back to proper sessions, YAY. Ive missed Fencing so much over christmas, especially cos of work preventing me from fencing before christmas.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

@Ragusa...thanks, I post there already but for whatever reason, it didn't actually occur to me at first that my little 'problem' would be better served being posted there...:doh: Might just make a note of it there...soon

ION, we recently lost a beautiful person as part of our staff just because of an idiot (more in the School/Work venting thread, too lazy to work at putting in a link) and I actually managed to win 2 meat trays in the meat raffles at work tonight! $5 spent on tickets = approx $30 worth of meat :banana:

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well the job hunt is leading nowhere. Why is it so hard to find a job ?

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Trojan actually are the best - they're also one of the few manufacturers that offer a polyurethane alternative which is actually relatively easy to find. Durex and Lifestyles also offer polyurethane... but you can trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em.

There's still the welder job in Winnipeg, remember? :p

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I haven't told this to anyone, but my new year resolution was to get incredibly fat by eating at Mickey D's every other day.
    The fault in that plan was that I'm too lazy to walk that far. :p

16. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Train to improve thy competences and thou might find. :p

No Belgians around these parts anymore? I recall some a few years ago. :o

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It looks like I'll be heading to Washington on my own to find a job. My wife will follow when I get one. That'll be one hell of a motivator to get a job in a hurry. I guess getting laid off may prove to be a blessing in disguise, although it doesn't seem like it right now. We'll see what happens. I'm sure things will work out for the best.

18. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Dinsdale: Wouldn't it be safer to find a job where you are first, and perhaps then fly to Washington (if need be) for an interview? Regardless, best of luck to you.

It's Thursday, one more day to Friday, and then it's the weekend!

I've just confirmed that my ticket back home for a short holiday is booked, and boy am I looking forward to it :)

19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Urgh, i live in a world of bitching, and playing the middle man mediator is getting crap. I hate life sometimes.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    We all have at some point. Like me right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.