1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Life rules, awyeah! :p (/me runs away)

I finally found glasses that make me look like a human being. Maybe I'll add a profile pic tomorrow or something.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Life may suck, but it sure beats the alternative!

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I ate too much, now my stomach hurts.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well it's official now I'm jobless. Riiiiight that's kinda fun right?

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yep, for a day or two, flix. Then you'll start poring over the want ads of your own free will. (it happens faster if you live with a roommate/significant other that you can bother by being around 24/7 :p )

ION, you tell 'em, Kitrax! My wife and I are in a similar situation, and slowly digging out - no car, but not living with folks, and she's still got immigration delays to her working...

...but it's getting BETTER. You may be surprised to know (I know I was when I realized) that we managed to celebrate the holidays without once having to 'overspend' and resort to the credit card - not once in the month of December did I generate any debt, and that includes presents and eating out a little more often, as well as consistent payments against existing debts!

Heck, today at work I was 'Mr. Happy and Chipper' - despite my gastric distress early in the day (I was up late last night and was HUNGRY, and had a snack at 2am...my stomach apparently was still working on that and didn't wanna wake up yet today :D ) I was having a calming and cheering effect on my burned-out co-workers (one has been working at the store for 10+ years, and she's making just pennies-an-hour more than a teenager who's been with us for three months :toofar: )

And I pwned a customer as well - he walked up to me with a cell phone pressed to his face and carried on a conversation through the ether whilst trying to decide what sort of ham and how much to get. I had been wiping down the slicer, and discussed with him the different types and the like, all the while continuing to clean off the slicer...then the scale in front of him, and then the counter...

He asked "Um, what are you doing?"

"Why, only what you're doing - getting something else done while waiting for the other party to this transaction to fully focus on the transaction itself."

"But I'm only-"

"-Only doing something which the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador has decreed is illegal to attempt while driving. Did you know that originally you wanted to get a half-pound of black forest ham, then decided to up that to three-quarters, before spotting the honey maple ham here, and wanted 3/4 of a pound of that, but upon learning that it's more expensive than the black forest, you finally decided on only a half-pound of it. Or have you had second thoughts about that?"

He looked rather chastened, and I realized that he hadn't remembered the whole conversation. When he confirmed that was what he wanted, I got things slicing and he went back to his phone conversation...but he didn't seem at all offended by our exchange (thank goodness) and seemed a little more attentive of what was going on around him, too. :)

Now, thinking back on this, I've got the lyrics to Sean Morey's It's Gonna be a Great Day going through my head (slightly NSFW, and strangely - they don't quite match what I heard from live radio appearances back when I lived in the U.S. :skeptic:)

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    Dammit jaded , stop writing novels. You're the Chevalier of RPB. :p

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

9. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

And another work day begins.. sigh.

I suppose I should be thankful that I have Internet access at work, and this job is way better than my other casual job - stocking shelves in a supermarket.

So how's everyone doing today?

10. Ofelix

Media:
    I was being sarcastic, and I've already start searching a new job, remember the welding incident?

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, thanks for the pep talk, Kit.

Tell me - When did you change careers and became a professional motivator? :rolleyes:

Just like taking jabs at ya.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Went to the Grocery Store today to find that they haf Christmas candy still in stock, but half price to move the last of it. Boy am I glad I don't try to diet...

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ouch. Headache :(

14. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Blah blah blah! There, I babbled for today! Off to watch a movie now!

15. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, now they're saying snow on Wednesday night into Thursday. Naturally that is the only day in the month I have people coming up HERE from K-town to meet with me, instead of my having to go down there. And there is no way in the world they will try to negotiate the mountain, hills, and curves twixt here and there if it snows.

OTOH - some actual, pretty, accumulating snow, as opposed to the just-makes-the-roads-slick kind would be nice to see.

Hope Kuemper really has found the cure for ennui. Best o' luck to her, anyway.

Babble on, all!

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh, right around the time that all you sad saps started making whine... :p :grin:

And it's wasn't really a motivational pep talk...more of a suck it up, take a salt tablet, and walk it off sort of thing. :shake: :rolling:

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just read this courtesy of FaceBook:

"Bill Gates' house was designed using a Macintosh computer."

Can this be true? :eek:

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Well the Xbox 360's CPU's architecture is based on the POWER PC, so the first dev. kit were MAC with Mac OS X :p

EDIT:

Just finished rolling my DnD char Yeah! it's been since '06 since I played DnD. Well the more I look at him he's that kind of char you just can't live without. He's a Bard / Cleric, not particularly tough in battle (+9 melee, 19AC), but his "other" skill are just needed for survival

-Healing / Buffing
    -Scribes Scroll
    -Brew Potion
    -Craft Magical Arms and Armours
    -Great deal of skills in Knowledges (History, Religion, Geography, Law etc.)
    -Many languages (4 in total, excluding the mandatory common)
    -Good "parlance" Skills (Gather Info, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, etc.)

In all the kind of guy you'll need outside of battles.

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    I just bought GRAW 2, it seems I finally have reason to buy a new graphics card.

ION: Anyone else played Yahtzee's games? I just started '5 Days A Stranger' and it's a great timekiller.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My best friends want me as their child's godfather :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.