1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm also on the list of people needing a carreer change. An amazingly beautiful woman has moved into my area, but for any kind of future, I need a job that will let me move out of my parent's basement...

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yep, that the method up here in Newfoundland (and Labrador) - single annual fee paid to the city.

And that 'responsibility' bit sounds perfectly rational, so the 'getting water without being billed' situation is sounding less and less likely.

Yeah, we'll keep the utility co. on speed dial, but leave calling as a last resort. :bad:

Hermmmm...I hate to say it, but that cluster of pipes sounds like a very likely suspect...got any long rakes or brooms that could be used to clear the debris from a distance? Or better yet, any friends that are resilient against insectoid pests? :mommy:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You know...you have a better chance of getting hired if you keep your "schizophrenic misfit artist" side under the radar until *after* you get the job. :p :rolling:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just burn it - it'll free some space and clear out the said bugs in the process.

Well, that's all for me. Should get moving, plenty of stuff to move and little time before this new housemate moves in...

Piercings and green hair are kind of difficult to hide. Besides, someone who believes in my potential will overlook that - I had blue hair plus piercings when I went for my job as computer tech, and I still managed to land it - he judged me by my talents, not my looks.

If only there were more people like that.

Ofelix likes this.
  5. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

jaded empath: Well, I know for a fact that I'm definitely not getting water for free, I really doubt there's any place in the world where you'd find a deal. Thing is, I just need to find out who's responsible for paying it, and if it's me, why have I not received a bill so far, etc.

DotW: I can't just set fire to that bunch of dead branches and leaves, the neighbours would call the police and I'd be in really big trouble. I guess I'll have to break out the gardening gloves and just move them by hand and hope I find a valve..

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I need more sleep. :sleep:

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

[​IMG] I am filled with a feeling of...well, nothing. Kinda like 'ennui', I guess.

I don't particularly want to go to work, but not because I feel ill or hate it or anything.

I just...meh. :bad:

EDIT: My wife might have something with 'winter blues' - it was still dark when I got dressed and started checkin' my email & fora, and it's a grey, 'bleah' day out there.

Doesn't quite feel like what I'd expect Seasonal Affective Disorder to be like, though. :confused:

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm lost... which way is up?

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I'll just sneak in a quick congrats for the 100th Random Thread before it gets closed.

jaded empath likes this.
  10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Dalveen, that's good news - congrats!
    Dragon's Jewel - same thing happened to me, both undergrad and again in graduate school. Both got sorted out and eventually I graduated on time but it was hair-raisingly anxious for a while.
    I am in such a bad mood. I want to quit my job, trash my friends, pack two bags and leave the rest of the stuff in the house, and take off for - - for - - well. OK, I do like sleeping in a bed and I have this odd attachment to heat and air conditioning and I like hot water for my showers and I do need some way to feed myself.
    Eh, babble. (That's going to be my swear word for a while.)

jaded empath likes this.
  11. Kitrax

Media:
    You've got about 20 more pages 'till that happens. Obviously, someone didn't get the memo. :p

In other news, I'm in the middle of the most boring presentation at school right now, and it's in the coldest room on campus...I can't feel my toes! :eek:

Seriously though...it's got to be 40 degrees (F) in this damn classroom! :nolike: :rolling:

12. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Well, I dug through all that bunch of dead branches and leaves in my little backyard, dug through a bit of the soil underneath, still no water meter/mains valve.

Guess I'll have to call my rental agency again Monday morning and talk to someone else more helpful.

In the meantime, I have to shut the door to my room and the bathroom, if not that constant drip-drip sound will drive me insane.

jaded empath likes this.
  13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    When I thought things couldn't get worse - life slaps me in the face! Last week I was incredibly bored, mainly because my job, my part time job, didn't schedule me for the damn whole week. This week is the same, still nothing to do. I've talked to the boss, well apparently if next week (next Thursday ) they still can't give anything they will have to "let me go". So basically they needed a fool to do some work now and then during the holidays. Now that it's over it's goodbye we don't need you no more. Great.

So I need another job, thing is I can't take anything full time - I still need to go to school next semester, and the only real diploma I have is a High School one. Meaning next to nothing - good chances getting a job that doesn't sucks now.

Now College doesn't start until January 21, and It'll be my last semester a big three classes - about twelve to fourteen hours per freakin' week. Plus the silly French test in August to finally get my freakin' college diploma. Still I want to get accepted in University this September - *if* they accept me.

Just great in all! I'm thrilled, really!

Edit: monster.ca thought I'd want a welder job in Winnipeg - wtf?! I...err, I don't think monster.ca's serach engine are that great, at all. a welding job?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I really should look at some of the job finding sites. Perhaps they have some tests to see what I might actually be good enough to draw a paycheck at..

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Arg. Homework backlog -_-;'

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just woke up about an hour ago, no hangover! :banana: :coffee2:

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Hey, there's good money to be made if you have some skill at welding.

If I ever went back to a dirty blue-collar job, I'd go for a welding job. Maybe get an apprenticeship. But I highly doubt I'll ever have to resort to that. :rolling:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Welding's actually a very decent job - not only does it pay well, it's also a form of art. I for one wouldn't complain about landing another job as welder.

New housemate has moved in. She's pretty much low-profile, minds her own buisness, so there shouldn't be any problems. It's means to an end... and if all goes without a hitch, I'm leaving this stinking province in June.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ok for the record I've nothing against welders or welding, I've merely stated this because

A) I live in Montreal - Winnipeg is kinda far away for a student job
    B) I studied Arts for god's sake what has welding has to do with Arts?
    C) I've had a couple beer too much

:beer:

What was I talking about? :hippy:

20. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Have you ever been disapointed by your dearest friends? How did you act then, because I sure don't... I feel I should scream out in rage at them, but something in me is holding it back... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.