1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yet another Sunday has come and nearly gone. Even when I sleep for parts of the afternoon, I still feel tired after 10 pm...

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I've broken yet another tooth. Argh.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    At work our sister department has a mascot. A wood worm. It lives in a small wooden figurine, which is being replaced when it is largely eaten. Thus far the worm has moved twice. Quiet fella, but eager. Quite popular, too.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That is cool. :cool:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I lost my wallet somewhere inside the apartment and couldn't find it until there was no time left for us to get errands run before I have to go to work. :(

Now my wife is all disappointed and likely blames me - with good reason. I feel like such a ******* heel. :sosad:

7. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It's Monday so back to work. I don't like it one bit.

The job search is not progressing as well as I'd hoped. I'm beginning to think that it would be best if we took the plunge and moved. Being in the area should make the job search more productive. It is risky though. What to do? :hmm:

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

snowing here as well, snowing here for ~2 days, nothing sticks that sticks though, about +2 degrees C

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    What... the... :eek:
    That is so cool! I was wondering what this was about - until I noticed how big the page was. I've got an ethernet connection and it still took a long time to load. Wow.
    Oh, and if you check the domain they're crazy Taiwanese actually :p

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    If Where's Waldo pages were that big... :eek:

ION, Bill Murray for prez!
    ION2, I only hallusinated for 30s today, new record.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Cranberry Tea Forever?

Tried something new tonight: Green tea with cranberry. Not bad.

Somehow I was reminded me of the last two words in Strawberry Fields Forever: "Cranberry Sauce". How random.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Court on Wednesday and I'm scared. I did what the judge told me, but I have nothing to tell him. Stupid, lazy lawyers* won't return emails or phone calls. :grr:

*not referring to any lawyers on BoM

13. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    New boiler in my parents house broke, after 1 month, so since they have to work, ive had to come home and sit in the freezing house huddled next to the fire until the repairman comes tommorrow. Fortunatley we have electric blankets, so once my beds warm im gonna sit on my laptop in bed.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't worry, I can't stand that type too. In fact, I'm pretty much disenchanted with the law "industry". I'm thinking about a change towards teaching or research.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...The first year we lived in UT, our furnace stopped working in the middle of winter for about 4 days before my dad fixed it. Goose down blankets, flannel bed sheets, and a lot of fleece kept us warm. The sad thing is, ever since then, me dad always turns the furnace off at night... :skeptic:

In other news... I worked on my car today. I replaced 3 tail lights and both headlights, and let me tell you, it wasn't as easy as it should have been. 2 of the 3 bulbs in the tail I was replacing were broken be me about a week ago when I was trying to fix the one that was actually burnt out. I got really frustrated trying to get the panel the lights go in out of the socket...so I gave up and punched the SOB, taking the skin off all my knuckles and breaking two other bulbs in the process. :doh: Oh, and it was 5 degrees (F) and very windy while this was going on. :eek: :rolling:

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My back is not too good to begin with and today I had to help split wood for 4 hours today...

Tylenol is my friend...

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Hi, folks. Miss me? I know, only a few days. I was locked out of my office by a broken lock that finally got fixed Monday afternoon. No idea what broke though the locksmith tried to explain it to me: "The frtx and the mxvj just nhg[ped and then the . . ."

I wonder if I sound like that when I'm trying to explain my work to people who know nothing about it.

Kuemper, good look, and let us know.

Babble on, while we can!

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I don't want to clean house! :wail:

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey folks, guess what? I'm currently sitting at HOME and posting!

Finally!! :banana: :banana:

Only took 2 frickin hours no the phone to the tech support people in India to get this thing going, and I thought it would be easy enough for me to install at home

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :lol: General rule of thumb.... NOTHING is ever as easy as you think it will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.