1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ha! Going to have to add you to the smart-ass list too dmc. :p

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! Somehow I missed that part of the nervous sugar eating post :lol:

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm such an ass, when someone says I have to have my haemorrhoids removed by a brain-surgeon, I take it as a compliment!

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    People on the internet do engage in a lot of posterior haberdashery now, do they? :D

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hey, who doesn't love them some good, smart ass?

[​IMG]

Also, I hope you nail that job, Ofelix. Don't be too surprised if you have to wait though, I was to an interview on the 5th and they told me I should know within a week... well, it hasn't been any of the ones that passed already ;) .

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah well, the job is to start on May 2th, that's next Wednesday, that doesn't leave much time for me. Besides I was specifically told that I would be called the same day as the interview, i.e, yesterday, and alas I haven't received it.

On a side note; Sis broke her ankle so now my parents are babysitting my two year old niece... Today she woke up inhumanly early and damn if everybody else wants to sleep. Why do infant feel the needs to scream all the goddamn time and generally make a mess of everything ?! She's damaging my calm.

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    So when will you find out for sure? We're all rooting for you Flix! ;)

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd call them when they're open on Monday. Make them tell you you didn't get the job (if you in fact didn't) and ask them politely the reasons why you were not chosen. It will help you for the next time.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Good idea, I'll call first thing Monday morning. Now as far as the job goes; The interview was yesterday, Friday April 27th 2012 at 1400 hours, I was told on the same day (04/27) I would receive a call by the end of the day (still the same day, April 27th) and if I wasn't called it would mean I did not get the job. They haven't called, so as of right now, April 28th at 1700 hours I'm considering that I haven't got the job.

Hope it'll end the confusion.

11. Gaear

Media:
    Yeah yeah, just let us know when you find out Flix.

12. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Either that or it'll confuse the crap outta you. I was once told my "style of communication had a confrontational edge that would likely create tension with project stakeholders"

That, after being told before the interview that the job required someone with a backbone who wouldn't let people walk all over them.

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have nothing to say so here's a picture that nearly made me wee from laughing:

[​IMG]

14. Gaear

Media:
    Wow, they sure wanted to get Dad/Uncle Scott out of the way in a hurry. Dying sucks, man ... the first thing people think when you check out is "I've got to delete his FB account!" ? You know, to remove all evidence of your existence so they can get on with the business of forgetting about you. :shake:

15. Dice

Media:
    Although I've been occasionally (often) accused of having a black humor, I'm not sure I find that exactly funny. Most people try to say good things about a person after they die. The Sara woman obviously was obligated to say something nice because of her Christian values. The comment of his son didn't exactly show animosity towards the deceased but at the same time a complete lack of compassion for his fathers passing indicates maybe the dead guy wasn't that great in life. I think people tend to keep facebook accounts around as memorials for at least a year after they pass.

ION - I got to see Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, and Wil Wheaton in a panel yesterday at Calgary Comicon. Brent Spiner was the coolest out of the three imo.

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it's great. I would hope that when I go, my kids know me well enough to know that I would think that was hilarious!

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Cool I've found my old Zippo lighter, it still works after five years, now that's quality workmanship.

@ Dice; yeah, I've seen Brent Spinner at the Montréal Comicon about two years ago, the guy is hilarious. He did a spot on impression of Patrick Stewart "I'll be in my ready room, you have the bridge number one" :lol: During the Comicon, I saw some people dressed up in starfleet uniform, TNG era style, despite the fact the show ended in what ? 1993 ? 1994 ? Personally I prefer the DS9 era uniforms, they just seem cooler <--- this pretty much "seal the deal" on my geekhood does it not ? :rolleyes: :borg:

18. Silvery

Media:
    Yes, yes it does.

19. Dice

Media:
    Sadly I'm not geek enough - I don't know the starfleet uniforms or the layout of the enterprise. My saving grace is that I've always kinda had a thing for Data - (Brent Spinner) I believe there was one episode that highlighted his uh...technological capabilities specified for women...

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah, I remember that episode, "The Naked Now" -- season 1, episodes 3, when he and Lt. Tasha Yar (played by the delightful Denise Crosby) hum, "got to know each other" ;)

So, I did call the agency who interviewed me and they only said that they found a candidate who was better qualified for the job than me. They also said I was a bit nervous during the interview. Meh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.