1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Isn't confident and knowledgeable pretty much means cokcy ;). Anyway thanks for all the vote of confidence. I need this, 14$/hour isn't bad, plus I can always work part time and still continue university. People do that, right ?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess it's how you wear it Flix.

ION its cold and windy and overcast outside and I can see the buds on the tree branches near my bedroom window. The leaves will be soon.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

"sod that, I have ice cream!"

I think I'll make that my new motto, Silvery!

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ugh, I have got to learn to start looking at reviews for things before I buy them. Case and point: I bought a guide for FF9 off Amazon recently since I'm planning to replay it and want to see how much I missed the other times I've played (yes, I've heard of the internet, but I like physical guides better sometimes) and it finally arrived today.

Before I continue, here are the reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews/0744000416/

Basically, they were trying something new when they made this guide. A lot of the stuff in the book has very basic descriptions, and then a keyword that you can go to the website and search for more information. As such it's a pretty barebones guide, skimming over a lot of things in rather annoying ways (Here's a super cool weapon, search this keyword online to find out where to get it). Here's the kicker: the site no longer contains anything on FF9, meaning anything in the guide with an online keyword is totally useless.

On a somewhat related note:

Being done university + no more student debt + full time job = I spend a looot of money on silly things

Ofelix likes this.
  5. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh yeah I remember that guide ! The website is play-online or something, right ? Come to think of it... I barely started High School when that game was released... wow, time flies.

On a funny note; remember in the game when Garnet cuts her own hair with a dagger in a single shot ? Well one of my friend tried that... apparently it isn't as easy as the game would've hinted. :lol: the stupid things you do in High School...

6. Dice

Media:
    @Flix - so when your friend tried to cut his/her hair in one swipe, what did she/he use specifically?

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's a bloody good motto to have :D

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    As my friends have predicted, my ISP screwed up transferring my old number and connection to my new flat, and that leaves me without either phone or internet access for a week. And naturally, they gave me a new number. A bloody nuisance.

At least I have the prospect of them getting it to work until Monday. We'll see. But when it eventually works, I was told that I'll have a five times faster connection. Hmm. Perhaps. I hope I'll get my old number back.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ha, I was just thinking today that you must have been cut off not to post for so long!

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Well I wasn't there when it happened but I think he used a regular kitchen knife, y'know the big ones you would use to cut meat ? Something like that [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  11. Dice

Media:
    Well, I can just imagine that haircut. I hope he didn't play with knives too much in other matters.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Well I'm off to the interview, it'll be fine I'm sure of it. Besides it isn't the first time I do this.

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Doesn't sound like you need this, but good luck anyway!

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, we need more account holders. Go Ofelix, we are all watching over your shoulders.

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Well, I'm anxiously awaiting the call while nibbling at chocolate cookies, I'm a nervous sugar eater y'see :p (I normally don't eat much sugar). They told me I should receive a call today if it I got it or not.

16. Dice

Media:
    I personally always insist that my sugar is calm and under control before I eat it. I just have no respect for nervous sugar, or for the generally confused kind either. :rolleyes:

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Ha ha good one :rolleyes: Y'know what I meant, well their offices are closed by now and I haven't received a call, so I guess I didn't get the job. Interestingly the questions I was asked had nothing to do with the actual job, she seemed content to ask me question about my financial state with a barely hidden judgmental attitude. Yeah, I'm broke and I'm late for my phone payment, I haven't got a job, whaddya expected ?

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did they tell you they would let you know today? In my experience, it takes longer than that, though I don't have any Canadian experience of course.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We have no way of knowing, although this might be a very subtle and vague indicator:

:p

20. Dice

Media:
    I'm sure no-one has ever accused you of being a smart-ass Splunge. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.