1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not so much disgruntled as disgusted with the idiocy. They complain about budgets and whatnot and then decide it's a good idea to start school three weeks earlier in the middle of August, when it's 100 degrees. I find that idiotic and I still have a hard time just accepting idiocy. Maybe I'll get there when I'm 90, because I sure as heck haven't gotten there at 45.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I guess sometimes you just have to accept things in life dmc. My kids are lucky because they get their full summer, three weeks left, and the weather has been around 24c for the last few days so its just about perfect. Before that we were having killer heat though, and I expect there will be another hot stroke before the warm season has finished.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, there is far too much idiocy in California and LA in particular to just accept it all... the line needs to be drawn somewhere! :)

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I accepted idiocy when I was 48. Of course, that was probably because that was when I realized I was an idiot. :D

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Summer is ending which means the temps are getting the boot. Some deserve it, some don't.

As for the babbling, the Olympics might have had a hand in it.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

:wave:Hey Bruno and Dice! We've had gorgeous weather here the last few days - feels like autumn is in the air!:banana:

7. Dice

Media:
    It rained most of the day today here so I went to a local coffee shop and drank coffee and drew this from a photo on my ipod.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That's excellent. ++

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You've really got talent there Dice :jawdrop:

I can explain my absence easily; there's a provincial election going on here. I've been glued to the tv since then. Seems some parties have gotten the worse of our southern neighbor's political habits; negative adds.

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Beautiful drawing, Dice!

I heard a joke today that I thought I would post here. Some of you may already have heard this one, but it was new to me and just cracked me up. lol So, here it is - hope it gives someone a smile!

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral
    director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no
    family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in
    the Kentucky back-country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost; and being a
    typical man I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late
    and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in
    sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating
    lunch.
    I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was
    already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.
    The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played
    out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played
    like I've never played before for this homeless man.
    And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep.
    They wept, I wept, and we all wept together.

When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though
    my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I was opening the door to my car, I heard one of the worker say,
    "Sweet Mother of Jesus, I never seen nothing like that before and I've
    been putting in septic tanks for twenty years." :D

Silvery, Taluntain and Blackthorne TA like this.
  11. Dice

Media:
    Thanks for the nice comments guys :) Loved the joke Spelly, It gave me a good laugh when I read it.

I think my cat feels like it is his duty to pester me when he's bored because I don't let him go outside as much as he would like, and I don't let him run free. He's already had a taste of outside free mind you, and that's the problem. I just finished playing peanut fetch with him because he dropped a peanut on the bed beside me which is his signal that its time to play.

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The reverse side of the medal is cats that only come by to eat or need a trip to the Vet.

I have one of both types.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always forget that coffee shops in foreign countries actually offer coffee. :doh:

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If the don't serve coffee in coffee shops in the Netherlands, then what on earth do they serve?!

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Seriously?? Pot, of course. :p

Link

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ohhhhhhh, THAT kind of coffee shop! But of course, how could I have not made that connection?

17. Dice

Media:
    Well we don't have coffee shops like Mon's but I'd say that Canada is fairly open about that stuff as compared to some other countries in the world.

I'm having problems with an update on my computer and it keeps freezing. Hopefully I am able to fix it. I had to restart it in safe-mode. I think I pinpointed the area but I'm not sure if I checked the right boxes so hopefully I'm lucky the next time I turn on my computer.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Tell me about it :D :hippy: -- they never caught me... err, doing anything illegal that is, I'm a law abiding citizen of the utmost moral fiber obviously. Moving on.

Had to go through customer service at Future Shop 'cause the shinny blu ray player I got for my birthday started to turn itself off. So bring the new unit back, connect to the wifi, do to the update, fiddle with the options, test the media server (the Toshiba BDX 3300 series can stream video and audio from your PC, that's cool), then finally test the video playback... Remember when electronics were plug and play ?

edit: For crying out loud, the damn player still turn itself off when streaming... Exactly at 35 minutes, just as the old unit. I am not amused, not at all ! :flaming:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  19. Dice

Media:
    My computer seems to be temporarily fixed. The settings I used last night seem to have worked thanks to some good advice. :)

Well time for me to get dressed and see what this day is going to bring me. Early mornings are ok I guess one you get past the first excruciating 5 minutes where you brain is screaming "sleep is what you want dammit" and you body is nodding politely in agreement.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    It's windy outside, I like windy days, well except when my drapes starts kicking stuff off my bedside table.

So tell me people, how long did it take you to get your current job ? I've been trying for 4 months now, it's getting annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.