1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nothing worse than a room full of poets, I swear :p. ... actually a room full of politicians would probably be worse.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I still prefer;

roses are #FF0000
    violets are #0000FF
    all my hearts
    are belong to you

Dunno it a French version exists though; but it would look something like that (hey MoN started it! :lol:)

Les roses sont rouges (roses are red)
    Les violettes sont bleues (violets are blue)
    Elles sont jolies (they are pretty)*
    Tout comme toi (as you are)

yeah I know it doesn't rhyme sue me :shake: translating poetry is hard

*Sweet "sucrée" isn't used as a term of endearment, it would be just... weird.

OTHO Finished about half the space pirate story thingy I said I was doing. You forgot all about it, didn't you ?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shouldn't that be "MMMmmm... Bacon!"? :)

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The fungus got all 14 scrubs. The three plum trees did not escape either, nor did the Spicata.

Only the weeds.....

5. Dice

Media:

Actually all you have to do is switch the last two words in your translation and the translation rhymes, Flix.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Sorry but no, it wouldn't rhyme and besides the sentence, if I switched the words, wouldn't make sense anymore.

7. Dice

Media:
    Switch the words you and are, and then re-read the translated version of the poem :p - Then it rhymes - Also it still translates the same.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Let's agree to disagree, I won't go into details as I'm pretty sure I'm the only here who speaks French.

9. Dice

Media:
    You probably aren't the only one around who speaks French Flix, however I was referring to the English translation. But if you still wish to disagree with me that's cool.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Français est la langue de tout le monde! N'est-ce pas? :lol:

11. Ofelix

Media:
    @Dice; oooooooooh I thought you were refering to the French version. My bad.

@Blackthorne TA; Enfin c'est la langue des gens civilisés et instruits. Il n'y a point de sciences ou d'arts qui ne fut, un jours ou l'autre, faites dans la langue de Molière ! :lol: -- just kiddin' - don't know what I'm saying ? just google translate it, I can't be bothered.

edit: On second thought; don't, I just did, it's bad

12. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Neat, I just realized I live like five minutes from the Fields Institute :)

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It looks like local farmers have been getting a second cut of hay, but not very much hay. I'll have a load to put on this afternoon...

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Went to another interview today, went surprisingly well. It's a typical office job, 9 to 5 in an office. I never would've thought that I would ever want a white collar office job. We really do change with age. Well, it's not a dream job, but meh I need to money. The student loan only cover tuition fee it doesn't cover rent, food or other "superfluous" thing as living on my own. Apparently the government believe I should stay with mum and dad... I believe living with your parents at 24 is kinda pathetic, I want out, fast.

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If it makes you feel any better you're doing better than my brothers, they are 26 and 27 and still both live at home. One of them hasn't had a job in years, and the other has been in university since before I started.

16. Dice

Media:
    Yah, times are hard. Good luck with the results from your interview Flix.

17. reepnorp

Media:
    Ugh, I was going to go for a run when I woke up this morning but it's already 36 degrees outside with the humidex and it isn't even 10 AM yet. This is going to be one of those days where I'm very thankful to have A/C.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tell me about it... one good thing about this heat is that it's more peaceful and quiet outside during the day than ever. :shake: Nobody wants to be out in this sun. The weather report's saying that we'll have 34-36° over the following days as well though, so that sucks as it's been very hot all week already.

19. reepnorp

Media:
    It may keep some people indoors but I still plan on getting some sunlight and fresh air today. Think I'll go for a walk down by the lakeshore in a little while. Granted, I'll probably be regretting that before I even get there, but I can't spend entire days indoors without going stir crazy.

20. Dice

Media:
    36 degrees - that's harsh. We're going to hit 27 today and that's bad enough. Unfortunately I have no AC :( . I guess it's underwear day for my boys again - sometimes I'm jealous of men because they have the option of walking around in just a pair of skivvies.

Heya Tal, what happened to the chat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.