1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    LMAO :lol:

btw, don't we all just basically eat food? What's with the quasi-nation-centric patriotic pride food/taste competition angle? :p

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is there one?

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Maybe not cold, but you Brits sure like your peas :)

(Or do you just serve them to tourists?)

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Peanut Butter is evil and disgusting and gooey and other mean adjectives. I agree with Gaear food is food. Just ate an awesome sandwich so my mind is still on the food subject. Speaking of sandwiches anyone knows where they come from ?

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Subway ... or Quizno's ... you can get sandwiches there.

I like ham sandwiches (with swiss), roast beef (with pepper jack), bologna (with colby), pulled pork, salami (all kinds especially beer salami), liverwurst, meatball, meatloaf ... actually pretty much any meat is good for a sandwich (especially if it has cheese). I also like peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and banana, banana with miracle whip, I had a peanut butter and mayo sandwich in Canada (I wasn't impressed), cucumber sandwiches are okay, vegemite must be an acquired taste ... hell, I'd probably eat lasagna between two pieces of italian bread.

The sandwich is an American way of life -- slap pretty much anything between two pieces of bread and we'll eat it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Silvery -
    I love your slang. Can you make another sentence with the word "minging" so I can be sure and use it right the next time I need it?

Flix - I found this on a quick search. I didn't actually read it so this does not express my opinions on sandwiches one way or the other.

Geaer -
    We all eat food but there are definite preferences depending on race, culture, upbringing, and individual taste. You are what you eat ;)

Mon - I like peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches sometimes. I guess that's about as weird as I get with peanut butter. Very funny comment on the fish 'n chips. :lol: I'm pretty sure they wouldn't serve anything on a newspaper or magazine page here though because of concerns about toxins from inks getting into the food.

T2 - It sounds like you are not too difficult to feed.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, the Americans have food-technically a lot to answer for. The British are no better.

The only ones who go free are the Italians.

It is one of the benefits of the European Union.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 44 seconds later... ----------

Don't mock the Dutch superior peanut Butter. We call it Pindakaas translated literally into peanut-cheese. Silly.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I love sandwiches. All kinds, but not weird stuff like peanut butter and onion or that sort of stupidity.

I actually love all food.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dice - Adam filled his nappy earlier, it was minging! (ming-ing) :lol:

It just means something is disgusting and is never to be pronounced as minge-ing...minge is slang for something else entirely!

10. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches became a staple of my diet my first year of university. One of the few caf foods that was done right, probably because it didn't need to be cooked!

11. Dice

Media:
    Thank you Silvery, I learn so many good and useful words from you.

@LKD - Did you get any damage from that severe storm the other night?

12. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

...terribly overrated, and not that good. Quiznos FTW!

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@Dice: the storm woke me up but I had no property damage, as I live off Whyte and 75th, so the flooding missed me. I had hopes that the rain would soak up some of the heat, and I guess we did drop a couple of degrees, but I really can't tolerate anything over 22 Celsius.

14. Dice

Media:
    I used to live close to that area :p. There was hail in our area and a lot of the neighbours gardens took a beating I guess but I was lucky. Hopefully we don't get a lot more of those kind of storms.

ION The only problem with having a cat around is the minging kitty litter~! Also the fact that he's reached the age of discovery - of gerbils.

15. Silvery

Media:
    Well done that woman!

16. Dice

Media:
    Thankya Silv ;)

17. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Hey all. Just found out our sat provider dumped the network with my favorite show, Walking Dead! Now I'll have to buy the discs when they come out for season 3. Oh well if thats all I can complain about life is good. :-) At least I got them to cut my next bill enough to buy them when they come out.

18. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I'm American and I don't like sandwiches, for the most part. Peanut butter and jelly is okay, as are paninis. But I haven't found any other sandwiches I like. Honey is too sweet, and most other sandwiches have soggy bread. I cannot stand soggy bread.

I realize I sound like a picky eater, and I am, but in an odd way.

They (who, I can't remember) did some kind of survey and classified people as Super Tasters and Non-Tasters, and In-Between. Apparently, super tasters hate anything that has any flavor because they taste it more intensely. Non-tasters don't have very developed taste buds, so they like everything.

I am weird according to that study/philosophy. I prefer things that have strong flavors. Things I dislike are mostly due to texture, not taste.

My job is really stressful right now. I have too many lessons to plan before next week Monday (July 23). Why do they start school so early?

19. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Ooh, Walking Dead... I can't wait for the third season of disappointment :) That show had such potential and they turned into a whine-fest. I get the idea that it is more a drama series than an action series, and I don't mind a good drama, but it is just too much over the top complaining, with not enough story. The only character I really like is Dale... I can't wait until the Grimes family gets eaten by zombies :D

20. Dice

Media:
    @ Vorona - I understand you soggy bread dislike but at the same time I think a sandwich is better if it is not too dry. I guess the key is to eat something like that as freshly made as possible so the bread does not have time to get soggy.

Personally I will only eat and PB@J under dire circumstances. I really wish my kids were more addicted to it though because we always end up with too much peanut butter in the house.

@ Old One - Walking dead is fantastic. I kind of hate it when they kill characters I like but hell - you have expect a lot of losses in an all-out zombie apocalypse like that. Actually I could say a lot more about the series but I realized that might go better in a sensorium thread so maybe you Walking Dead watchers can discuss it with me there late ;).

@ Mesmero - You only liked Dale? You know if Dale was a real person he would not have approved of you only liking him :p.

ION, my youngest son has come to accept the fact that "his cat" seems to like me best even though my son goes out of his way to give Rabbin supreme kitty affection. I think he just tries too hard. I'm glad he's not jealous though because I can't help my animal magnetism ;). :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.