1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

:lol: Well, truth be told I don't mind being paid to do squat, but it gets boring real fast. Usually, though, this place is never boring, but then again there are a crapload of festivals in the uptown Quebec, and I an in the downtown, so maybe that's why it was so quiet.

Well, off for another shift, I keep my fingers crossed that something interesting happens!

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think my father is losing it.

My mother, his late wife, had her birthday on July 10. Me on July 20.

I arrive at his home to find him stalking in the hallway to sing "happy birthday to me." I mentioned that he has it wrong, that his late wife(40 years marriage until her dead) was born on the tenth. A little argument followed.

His deafness is moving towards Beethoven's like proportions. Just like the way he deals with it. Hearing aid batteries cost money.... Still not bad, but he tends to fill in the blanks of the conversation with what he thinks I said, or with he wants to hear.

They should fine deaf people when their hearing aid is off.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    must ... resist ...

On a more serious note, good luck with the job hunt! :)

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So many people with resentment toward their father-figures....

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I loved my dad. No resentment except a little sadness about his ability to express his feelings to people.
    -

There was a huge storm here last night. I woke up at 3am to thunder like steel sheets in a giant drier. Water was pouring in a torrent down the road. My mom called me first thing in the morning (I was FINALLY catching up on some sleep when she called.) She was worried that I might have been flooded - said one of my brothers already talked to her about hail damage at his house.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh joy!
    [...] and then the geeks of this world shouted out to the heaven "w00t" joyful as never before; for this news was good and awesome

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! A documentary? Big deal. I'll probably try to watch it, but there will be no rejoicing! :)

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    ye man of little faith :p

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    After years of hearing about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I discovered that jelly is just jam and thought 'I have both those things, I shall try this, I have been told it is fabulous'

Turns out Americans are disgusting cretins and are to food what Specsavers were to the captain of the Titanic

Also I wanted a cup of tea earlier but we'd ran out of clean cups. Rather than dick about cleaning one, I had a gin and tonic instead

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Silvery - That's funny. I would never use the word "fabulous" in connection with PB&J. I would perhaps use "tolerable" so long as the PB was not filled with preservatives and emulsifiers, the bread was good, and the "J" was actually some sort of preserves rather than jam or jelly. That being said, I recall Mrs. dmc having a significant PB&J fetish during her pregnancy with our son.

As far as cretinism and food go, methinks you might be broad-brushing it a bit. The UK is not exactly known for its astonishing cuisine, y'know. :p

The gin has the added bonus of killing any bacteria inhabiting the dirty cup. Well done.

11. Dice

Media:
    What about Canadian cuisine? I've always wondered about that. :p

So now the severe storm from last night has turned into an uncomfortable sun sauna. I'm glad that I did what I needed to yesterday so I can hide for most the day at home. I'm going to use the last of the BBQ bricks tonight on some chicken thighs.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've always wondered what Americans think we eat because when I've seen what Americans pass off as English food, it's disgusting! :lol:

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bangers and mash! Bubble and squeak!

14. Dice

Media:
    Don't you eat fish and chips? :p

15. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Hmmm... When my parents went to England, they were frequently served cold, canned peas. Was that a conspiracy? I can't think of anything worse than canned, cold peas, unless it's eggs (but with eggs, I realize that's weird).

Personally, I don't like peas at all, unless they're (yikes! I almost wrote "their" there) uncooked and straight from the pod (they taste completely different that way than any other way). My parents keep trying to get me to like frozen and cooked peas, but nope. Doesn't do it for me.

16. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31

PB&J is downright disgusting. Peanut butter and Nutella is a pretty decent combo, though!

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why sully your Nutella with peanut butter? Seems a waste. I love Nutella on strawberries and bananas.

18. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31

DMC, I actually discovered that combination by accident. I was super tired, and made some toast, and realized I had spreaded some PB on top of the Nutella after I was done. I decided to eat the toast anyway... and realized it's actually surprisingly good! I used no sugar/no salt PB, and this combination has became a favorite!

19. Silvery

Media:
    Cold peas? I think someone was taking the mick out of the tourists with that one hun!

Dice, Fish and chips are fine if you're by the sea or having a one off treat but they are pretty minging if you have them all the time!

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aren't fish 'n chips served in an old newspaper? Last time I ate it, it was served in a page from a nude mag. I was ten back then. So the association of fish and nudity came early for me...

I can eat peanut butter with anything. Chocolat sprinkles, sambal, cheese, cucumber, jam/fruit preserves. Dutch peanut butter is different to many others, I suppose. It's saltier/stronger, bit more like sate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.