1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What! Have you been talking to Gnarf behind our backs Silvery?! Hows yer little itty bitty baby btw Silv?

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ask Gnarf! :p j/k
    Welcome back, Mr.Flinger! And to Vorona (and Gnarf and anybody else who's mature): Join the MUG!

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    He's doing really well. He was up to 3lb 1 on Wednesday and gets weighed again on Sunday. If he's more than 3lb 7 then he can go in a cot instead of the incubator

4. Dice

Media:
    Thats great Silvery, I'm glad that he's doing well :).

.... I wish I had something interesting to say.

......hhmmm
    .............................nope.........................
    OH WAIT! .................
    ..............naw, nevermind

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Thanks all.

I guess when WoW took over, I had to look at where my time was being spent. I even went off Facebook for a time before cutting out the games like Mafia Wars and the like. After a break, I realized where I really needed the break from was the Alleys.

Now that I can't even look at WoW, I don't want the same thing to happen with Civ V, Diablo III and SW:TOR when I am ready to give it a run. I'm trying to balance keeping in touch with people without letting that eat my time.

I'd like to thank the ones here that have kept in touch with me on Facebook.

6. Dice

Media:
    I guess games can get pretty addictive Gnarf. I'm glad you decided to stick your head out of the clouds for a while. Fantasy is only good until real life reaches out and starts to gnaw at your fingers.

In the past I would sometimes get lost in games but that was my only choice. I prefer to get lost in real people now.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    WB Gnarff, long time no see. What's having a hook on my currently is WoW's big rival LotRO. I ... can understand ^^

8. Dice

Media:
    Wow RB has been slow for the last couple of days. I guess everyone is out enjoying their weekend and not posting much.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Indeed, and the reasons are the usual: As for me, I've been away to Hamburg over the weekend, enjoying the city. Under the week I work, and except for that, LotRO and raiding take up a lot of my online time. Alas :)

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

What I found with WoW was that I started on the server type someone thought I'd like. Then one cousin says to join him on another server, then a friend on a third server. Eventually I had 24 characters across 6 different servers. There just wasn't enough time to experience everything and still catch up to the high level guys that want you to play with them...

Facebook just about took over like that too, with stuff like Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars and a few other games I got into only find they lost interest. Eventually I gave up the games, leaving all but the stuff my mother plays.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    Then I'm glad I have just 4 top level chars in LotRO, thankfully on one server, and can catch up to the high level guys with at least two chars and play with them without it consuming too much of my time. If chars were cars my main would be a Porsche Boxter S - pretty darn fast, but there is faster and certainly more expensive. 50% of my main's gear is best in slot.

Currently I am positioning them to, finally, get Saruman. In our cheerful, wipe resistant raid there is even a real chance of that happening :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ran the "Warrior Dash" with the wife & friends again this weekend. Improved on my time by just under 2 minutes compared to last year, though I did stop once for about a minute as the guy next to me on the mudslide broke his femur and was hurting pretty bad, so I had to stop and help. Dumbass got his leg caught under him on a slide. OUCH!

After the race it is a giant beer/food fest. Though the beer choices were only Miller Lite and Lini's Sumer Shandy. Rather weak imo. But still had a great time hanging.

13. Dice

Media:
    I googled Warrior Dash and it looks pretty intense Blades. Running through mud and climbing walls with ropes. Do you get to shower first before you go drinking beer and such?

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

They will hose you down for about 5-10 seconds but that is about it. Most often you just want to keep the mud all over you when done as it helps stop you from baking in the sun while getting hammered afterward. The run is tough, but it is only 3 plus miles. Some other races are 10-11 miles, like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. I have no desire to run in those races, but Warrior Dash is just the right distance for the regular guy to be doable.

There was a very tall, very fat guy running in a Black Bra, A Black Speedo, a Wig and Fairy Wings. LMFAO. It leaped the fire while doing a Fairy pose then did a giant belly flop into the mud pit. Literally "Tons of fun". There is a best costume contest for those interested. You see all kinds of stufff like Jolly Green Giant outfits to Reno 911 outfits to Hulk Hogan outfits to Star Wars characters to Airline Pilots, etc... good times!:)

15. Dice

Media:
    Now I kind of have the urge to put on a ridiculous costume and run through the mud. Actually I always wanted to try the challenges on Fear Factor when I used to watch that show. Just not the ones where they ate disgusting things. :shake:

16. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Hi all, for the first time in years finally got dual monitors working again. Ever tried to play BG II on a hi def monotor? Smears it all over. The old analog solves that with a much lower resolution! Funny part is NWN 1 works fine and 2 is a bit off. Welcome to the 21st century, about time I got here.

Moms cat came home after a 4 day romp, he does this once in awhile. He is really a wild cat only trusting the two of us and -poof- is gone for a day or two if he sees someone else in the house. His house, he thinks he owns it after all.

17. Dice

Media:
    LOL Old one, the 21st century is over-rated :p. It sounds like your mom's cat hasn't been fixed. I know that the males like to go and travel from time to time.

I went an applied for a job today with no expectations. Someone once told me that the best way to find a job is when you aren't looking so hopefully the pieces will fall into place accidentally :D.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Old One, I always say that there are no people who have cats. There are only cats who have people. :)

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I found this article, and now I have a bout of depression - can I do something that is nearly as awesome?

20. Dice

Media:
    @ The Shaman - Yes you can, if you find the need within you.

@ Monty - Do you have a cat or two that have you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.