1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey btw, about SP's FB-page... There's a part below the poll, on the right side, with a line that should translate to something like "recent messages of others about Sorcerer's Place". When I try to read all those messages (show all), it won't go further than november 25th, a message by BG Series about the Gibberlings Three. And then I see that blue loading sign, but no other messages show up. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or is that just me?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Privacy reasons basically, Tal. I still prefer that some people don't know I visit this site regularly because I do have a lot of things written here.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    FB's a steaming pile of #"#%$&$#, that's the problem. Among other things, its loading often gets stuck. You should be able to scroll right down to 2008 on the same (main) page, but often it gets stuck in infinite loading that never completes. Try refreshing the page in such instances.

You can use the timeline on the right side to view the year you're after.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've tried that, but it seems not everything is shown. For instance, I'm quite sure I posted something on SP's Facebook, but I can't find it.
    NM though, I was just wondering.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Facebook is very silly... and keeps breaking itself.

I'm still voiceless which made for a pretty amusing dentist visit. *sigh* the bill, otoh, is not funny at all. they need to make me a denture-type-thing before they can actually do all the groundwork for a permanent fix.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Me too. Ah well, I guess FB's too busy implementing their new, unpopular interface to bother with much-needed technical improvements. ;)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    According to our FB poll, very few people love the new layout: http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150653620426304/

A surprising number are ok with it though. To me, FB just keeps making the whole layout and access to various settings more and more unintuitive and convoluted.

8. Dice

Media:
    I finally got the timeline today - I waited for a while. I guess I will have to go back later this afternoon and fix everything.

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have considered using this picture for my profile if they switch me to the timeline. :evil:

10. Dice

Media:
    Well I'm going to have to examine it first to see if I like it or not.

Hehe I'm sneaking onto SP and posting from work hehe. I feel so naughty. :p

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Day one of Flix's attempt to stop smoking cigarettes

It's going bad, bad . I'd never thought smoke withdrawal would be this unpleasant. I gotta tell you I'm not sure I can keep this up; and it's day one. DAY ONE. Damn.

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aww sweetie, I gave up when I found out I was pregnant and it does get easier. Week 6 was a nightmare though

13. Dice

Media:
    Good luck with your quitting smoking Flix. It is definitely worth it.

Well I've taken a break from painting for a couple of days I think I should go back to it tonight now with a clear mind.

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    LOL, final clue is in my profile...

15. Arabwel

Media:
    This week just gets better. I woke up to water coming through the ceiling into my face.

Best part? that already happened at different part of the room about a month ago and they said they had fixed it. Now it looks like there is another burst pipe in there. ARGH!

otoh, at least I a not trying to quit smoking :D

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    My mom has spend a few months in Papua. People lived in simple huts, but if it would ever rain, no water was leaking through the thatched roof.
    Don't be depressed though that they might live better ;) :p, rain was blown right through the "walls".

Stefanina, I gotcha! Your compass is always pointing south! :p (Yeah "that's not a compass, you dummy!" :D)
    On SP's Fb, I overlooked a small pop-down menu. :doh: Changing this from Important Messages to Messages from other (or something like that), I got a whole lot more.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    I would love to go to papua some day. Or jsut, somewhere warm and shiny in general... I have friends in Brazil, I am VERY tempted to go visit them for a little while!

18. Dice

Media:
    I have a sister who lives in Bermuda. I've never gone to visit her though.

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's pretty easy to find you when you straight up identify yourself in your post on FB ;)

20. Arabwel

Media:
    My boss is a buitt-trumpet but my teammates are awesome. I'm pulling a 24 hour shift and the end result is, I can so go see Icon of Coil this Sunday. Whee! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.