1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    THIS POST WAS SELF CENSORED

instead enjoy this picture of a cute puppy kissing a rabbit;

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    People's priorities change, as do the games they play. Since most non-regulars come here for game advice only, they move on to other communities once they're done with the games covered here.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always felt like a newb among sniper, herf, shralp, extremist, Big B, kitiara, mollusken etc. But I may have out-posted some of them tenfold, now. :p

4. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

5. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah so do I, but I guess that you and I are among Bom's "old guard" -- despite the fact that I'm still pretty young, but meh I've joined when I was 14 so.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well you know, sometimes if you go out of your way and PM old members they actually respond. I wouldn't mind getting some of those old members back for a visit. I've contacted a few already. Why don't some of you guys give it a try? If they don't decide to pop in for a visit it's always nice just to make the connection again.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, I've tried a few over the past couple of years. Shralp is long disappeared and his blog was gone after some disagreement he had with them as far as I remember. Grey Magistrate popped back in briefly. I've tried Hacken Slash and Shura with no success. Touched base with Rallymamma no that long ago on her birthday, but she doesn't have much time for things like this, and Velcro never posted much anyway (they're married in case you don't remember).

8. Dice

Media:
    @dmc - Thats great! I'm glad that other people do this kind of thing from time to time.

About a month ago I was checking out the SP facebook page and made a list for myself for reference. I was considering contacting some of them but I only contacted Nakia so far. She's pretty busy with her other sites and she said she would drop in, and I did notice a post from her not too long ago. Also when I first got back here I contacted Silvery - and she came back YAY! Ara came back in too, apparently she didn't have a computer for a while so she couldn't post. So it is possible to get old members back for a visit if you care to try :).

BTW - You guys have no idea how hard I tried to get the MUG hopping again. I literally PMed every member who wasn't there after about a month of hinting. SO, if you guys are reading this... don't forget to go back into the MUG and post some more adult nonsense. Some of us really appreciate it!

Taluntain likes this.
  9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've gained rogue stone status and have been here a long time, yet I still feel like a newb sometimes.

10. Dice

Media:
    Looks like I'm about 50 posts away from the Rogue Stone myself. Its funny that for a long time I thought I would never get there, although that was never a specific goal for me anyway :).

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Verily with this Rogue Stone bestowed upon thee whence noob thou were thou art now no more. Henceforth thou shalt be known as "(s)he who hath no life" -- So sayeth the Hallowed Scroll of Babbling, 13:8,

OTOH -- Do you know what I like ? Being woken up by the credit company calling me to remind me that I'm late on my payment. Thank you Visa I'd almost forgot !

PS: The puppy kissing a rabbit picture made me think; we humans would generally find this pic pretty cute (I dare you not to go "Awwww" :p) but what do you think the rabbit is thinking ? Oh god, oh god, OH GOD, what's happening to me ? WHAT'S HE DOING TO ME?!

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

LOL yeah, I bet the rabbit is not feeling warm fuzzy thoughts now!

I just looked, and it appears I am coming up on a 1 decade anniversary come August. I'll have to celebrate somehow.

13. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Celebrate by leaving, LKD! ;)

(I'm always awed by the "And now, I must go" internet forum phenomenon. Really? Go where, exactly? It seems almost pathetically silly to make some 'statement' that involves deleting a link from your favorites list.) :p

If you don't have the mettle for that, you could simply clam up, and no doubt you'd be perceived as very cool, very edgy - because of course we all think highly of those who don't contribute! ;)

Seriously though, we could have cake.

[​IMG]

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No! The cake is a lie! :)

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Preemptive congrats LKD, Although this August I'll be celebrating an actual birthday, like the day I was born... My 10 year Bomanniversary is actually next December.

Huum... maybe I'll start a (very silly) Blog named "Ye Hallowed Scrolls of Babbling", however I would need to know when exactly the Random Babbling threads started, if I recall they were already there when I first joined nine years and 5 months ago.

16. Dice

Media:
    Only if you are inside the stomach of a dragon BT :p

-

BTW, the puppy is probably thinking that it would be better cooked. (Not the cake.)

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dice,, have you ever played Portal?

18. Dice

Media:
    Only the second one, Silv. Is there something I'm missing here? I can be kind of daft once in a while :p.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "The cake is a lie" is a meme from the first Portal game :)

Dice likes this.
  20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Frostbite/Dinotiggy/Inthuultril and I swapped games at the age of thirteen - Black and White for Baldurs Gate. I then got BG1 for christmas, BG2 and ToB for birthday and took several years to get TotSC. I also managed to guilt my dad into buying me the IWD games as well as the ToB Walkthrough (Someone might remember "Haggis" on the chat room) :p

First thing I do on a new system is install PS:T, the BG series and the IWD series :D

Also a piece of university coursework was discussing the adaptation and a new game based around the Infinite Engine and its possibilities in "breaking the mould" in gaming, including games where violence was eliminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.