1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why ? I just like things to be properly organized.

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    And when they aren't ... people DIE! ;)

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh No! My place is a deathtrap!

ION My oldest son just left to go to some exercise place they have open for teens on sundays. Before he left he told me, "Mom, if I get home and you are mad at me about something try not to be too pissed off ok?"

Of course I followed that one up with, "What did you do?"

"Nothing, " was his reply, "I just have this feeling you are going to be mad at me about something."

So about half an hour after he left I decided to put away some paper mache paste that I had cooked and left to cool on the stove top. When I poured it into the container I had ready for it I discovered two pieces of potato (he was eating leftovers from the pan after I cooked breakfast) and there were also 3 MELTED chocolate chips in the bottom. I had to throw the whole batch out!:facepalm:

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

FYI, I did start a Canadian Politics thread. For all the good it did, only the crickets are making any noise in there.

Canada is a wonderful place to live, I'd rather live here than anywhere else. That said, there are still problems that need to be addressed -- peacefully and legally addressed, mind you. I'm big on law, order, and respect for fellow citizens.

5. Dice

Media:
    Actually I did notice that you started a Canadian politics thread LKD. I didn't post in it because I try to only discuss things I actually know about. Politics is not one of my strong suits. Hopefully by mentioning it here you will draw a few of the more political Canadians into your thread, or any others who just might be interested.

6. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Holy crap, i've been registered for a year! Time really flies.

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Well Happy Bomaniversary (is that a thing ?, it should be a thing anyway)

Try ten years, hell I've spent my entire teenage years on this forum. BoM is partially responsible for this fine Citizen Flix :lol: -- You may be frightened.... now

8. Dice

Media:
    Yah I've been registered for a decade as well. I think I originally popped in here looking for some NWN help. I hardly even game any more except for Zen Pinball.

9. Ofelix

Media:
    I can't really remember why I've originally come here, I *think* it was about Ice Wind Dale 2, who knows, who cares? Remember when it used to be Random Babbling Posts ? When did the change occur I wonder ?

Haven't played any Infinity Engine games in years, but from what I can remember they're a product of bygone era; nowadays most games (especially FPS) seems to be more about scripted events and linear story telling. With obnoxious mandatory tutorial (Right Click to shoot ? Use Mouse to move around the camera ? I shudder to think whatever I'd do without you game ! :rolleyes:). Ye olde Infinity games weren't there to impress you, you were there to impress the games No exclamation mark on top of NPCs to indicate quests, no Map Marker to show your quests, No Tutorial to explain how to do stuff, figure it out yeself mate the game said, and it was fine by me.

God, I feel old now... Did I just made a "back in the days" comment ? :aaa:

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was registered under a different name before I signed up again under the current one. I asked Tal to delete my account so I can't check, but I guess it would be 12 years now.

Something completely different:
    I broke up with my girl yesterday. We didn't miss each other during the 3 months that's she was in Africa, at least not as much as should be expected in a relationship.
    Still love that cheerful sweetheart for the person she is (everybody did, she was "making flowers grow in hearts of stone"), but we weren't really "compatible" and quite relieved we put an end to it. I'm a bit emotional about it at times, but I'm sure I'll be fine soon.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    @MoN - that's too bad. That 'end of the world'-ish feeling that can go with breakups sucks, but it does go away. :)

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Sorry to hear that MoN, hope things will get better for you.

14. Dice

Media:
    I'm sorry to hear that you were not compatible with your girl Mon, but unfortunately that happens sometimes. Now is a good time to find the other things in life that you enjoy, to distract yourself with. Cooking is a good choice :), just don't make any bombs.:p

I remember that. Remember when Tal used to be a dark elf?

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks, peops. I'm not really heartbroken, I guess. Slight dent perhaps. You see, this didn't come as a surprise and I initiated the break up conversation myself.
    Being single makes planning a bit easier, btw. So I guess I'll try to take advantage of that. Cooking would be cool too. I got a nice recipe for a Apple & Pork pasta that I'd like to try. :)

All this talk about earlier days at SP... It gives me an idea. I'll cook something up and probably start a thread in Sorcerous Sundries.

16. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Remember the first of these Random Babblings created by Slappy? :p

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, the good old days... it's a shame that so many memorable members drifted away completely.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    This makes me fell young again! Heck, I haven't even been around for seven years yet. :D

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Yup, whatever happened to Felinoid, Chevalier, Gnarffingle, Disciple of The Watch, Nakia, etc ? -- I'm amazed I actually remember their names. Oh well can't be helped I guess, besides I've gone away for some substantial amount of time myself.

Btw, I've regained my place among the top 20 posters yayness ! :lol:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.