1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    No way you can beat Jessica Simpson as far as that goes ... I think she's been pregnant for like 18 months. ;)

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow... That's quite long for an elephant! (Honestly, she doesn't look bad, but she's er... not my type, I guess.)

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's funny Silvery, because I was washing the dishes today and wondering about how far along you actually were. Thank you for reading my mind and posting the info. :p

Birth usually occurs around 38 weeks doesn't it? You still have a ways to go hon. Mesmero is wrong - you can still have a drink to celebrate - I would suggest a smoothie with lots of yoghurt and fruits and honey, but no egg-whites .

LOL I've never liked Jessica Simpson much myself. She's a little too good at the stupid-blond-bimbo thing and I'm an advocate for smart blonds :D.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Hehe, sorry, didn't know it was a sensitive subject. On the other hand, guessing by your other comments, you probably knew first hand what you were getting yourself into ;)

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Agreed! That's why she's not my type. And I prefer brunettes and blacks, usually. That doesn't mean she's ugly. Some people call her fat, but that's just a bit too much for me.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well more good news from Flixland --

Today I learned that Visa froze my credit card or something, they weren't particularly clear on the matter, apparently not paying them does that, who knew ? My financial state is precarious because I haven't got a job, but last time I was in a interview I didn't get it because of precarious financial state Oh Irony how do I love thee let me count the ways !

Also TELUS (my glorious cellular carrier) cut off my line which means my phone is now a glorified music/book/wifi widget thingy now. Oh and my secondary (and crappy) headphone also hit the dust today, so my cellphone is even more useless now.

Glorious day !

8. Dice

Media:
    Well I'd feel sorry for you Flix but it looks like I'm more ****ed than you are right now :D. I'm going to go practice some deep breathing exercises and focus on the fact that things have no choice but to get better.

9. Ofelix

Media:
    Care for a crappy life contest ? I dunno about you, but I like my chances of winning :lol: Well at least I can joke about it.

edit: For the record I'm not fishing for sympathies or anything, I just like to ***** about stuff, kinda like blowing up steam or something.

10. Dice

Media:

...blowing OUT steam :p. I'm only correcting that for you because you said you wanted people to help you perfect your English :D

Naw, I don't want to have a contest, besides I'm not that inclined to elaborate. I was just blowing out steam as well.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Ah yes, blowing out steam, makes more sense I realise what I've said might have been misconstrued for the worst...

12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    And here I am... from a country that hasn't got English as a formal language. I always thought it was blowing OFF steam. Is that something different or just totally wrong?

Good thing you you still got your humor, Flix. As soon as you lose that, you're as good as dead, imo. I sure hope things will work out soon. I'm in a slightly similar situation, I guess. Also, I thought Canada is one of the most perfect countries you could live in.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Things were pretty good until Creepy Harper's neo-con goons got into power and started behaving like the US' Republican Party and cutting budget to social services and redirecting it to the army. Yeah 'cause we're under serious military threat, I'm sure every terrorist out there is plotting to destroy Canada's evil influence in the world. :rolleyes:

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Free Dictionary agrees with you. To add to the confusion, the Concise Oxford Dictionary only mentions "Letting off steam".

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Letting off steam in english, blowing off steam in american english. Though blowing is used more in the UK from more american shows coming over using it.

Montresor likes this.
  16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    let off steam
    blow off steam
    blow it out your a$$
    blow me
    streaming hot
    hot as Georgia asphault
    in hot water
    hot damn

17. Dice

Media:
    :p Yah it is blowing off some steam. Nothing like having someone who should know better correcting wrong English with other wrong English. :thumb::outta:

In my defence I have a rather lame excuse for that. I lived with a person who does not speak English as a first language for so long that I started picking up his way of saying some things. I even find myself changing the word order of sentences around sometimes so people don't exactly get what I mean.

Last time I took a grammar evaluation test however I was in the top 97% for provincial standards. So I guess I really have no excuses :p. You can just call that a mind-slip.

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rob bought me my own PS3 and copy of Resident Evil 5. We now have both machines set up on 2 separate TVs in the living room so we can play co-op online rather than split screen. My gaming obsession may be going a bit too far! :lol:

19. Ofelix

Media:
    You think that's bad, I let my best friend install his copy of Civ V on my laptop so we can easily play LAN games whenever he comes at my place.

I also get upset whenever someone de-alphabetize my CD, DVD, and Games Discs. But I guess that's an entirely different story. I mean it's just plain annoying ! I'm also thinking of organizing my books using the dewey decimal classification, it just makes sense.

20. Dice

Media:
    You are starting to scare me Flix! :aaa:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.