1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Better make sure it's big enough or they might see your fruits :p

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Way ahead of you. The hideous thing is a pair of boxers, but I also bought some briefs to wear underneath... just in case... ;)

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

What play are you performing in?

I wouldn't be caught dead in my undies in front of a crowd. Of course, no sane director would cast me in such a role!

Don't think I'm not in shape, though, my friends. Remember, Round is a Shape!

4. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah but It's not like I'm buff or anything. I'm a hairy skinny dude, so not much better... :)

It's a french-canadian play, "La société des loisirs" (Leisure society). And it's actually my second full lenght feature role play (the first was in high school... so i dunno if it counts).

*sigh* I keep procrastinate instead of going around pubs asking to put up a flyer of our play. I don't know why but I'm shy about asking them... :(

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

For some reason, I'm thinking of the episode of Family Guy called FOX-y Lady -- it's the one when Fred Savage is proven to be Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore, as well as Tony Danza, Camryn Manheim, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Kevin Nealon, John Forsythe, and Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.

I wonder why I'm thinking of that. And I wonder why I'm feeling so pissed off.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Apparently the medication I was on can't actually cause jaundice so no more painkillers for me until I've been tested for liver failure... aww :(

Is the first time I've been asked if I've slept with any prostitutes though, thankfully not in a serious manner. :shake:

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Broke up with the most wonderful girl. Life sucks :(

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Don't worry - after the harsh light of day slowly replaces today's whimsical sentiments a few months down the line, she won't seem so wonderful anymore. Seriously. No one is actually wonderful in reality, just in dream-land. :heh:

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hey, Morgoth, sorry to hear that. Good luck.

My superviser/lecturer torn a muscle in his back today. :/ I hope he's okay, he's cool - and essential to my research.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Occy: I wish you all the best. Hope things are manageable and it's good to see you keeping good humour in the circumstances. And I've heard stories about painkillers, or rather the side-effects.

Poor you, Morgoth. Hope you find the right one some time. Those things (break-ups) can be hard to take sometimes.

@Deathmage: Congratulations on the degree! Are you a confirmed Bachelor now? :p ;) And how's Eze? How's stuff in LOTR-land after coming back?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, I'm quite literally missing half a year of my life :lol: I can't remember much from last September but a few days here or there where I came off tablets for family celebrations or because I simply forgot I was on them.

Makes learning a new computer language interesting :shake:

Doctor thinks it's outright failure of the liver, but from what he said I think it's more likely I'm just not producing the right enzymes in sufficient amount. Will find out in about three weeks.

Until then I have to put up with these pansy little tummy-ticklers, but at least I can hold a coherent conversation again. Kev has had to learnt to interpret a series of blank looks and cat-like noises in the mean time :p

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Chev!! Where TF have you been?

Also, my students are good people but sometimes they make me want to scream.

13. Gaear

Media:
    Are you back in action, LKD?

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

What made you think I was out of action? I've been posting for the last few days . . . :confused:

15. Gaear

Media:
    I mean teaching, not 'actioning' (corporate speak - commence transform noun to verb!) here at SP.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oh, I see. I'm teaching 3 classes until Mid August. Then, who knows where the wind will blow LKD? Maybe back to University, maybe onto the sub list, maybe some night work here at the college, who knows?

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I can imagine. :D What is it you're learning?

Work and personal stuff. But there were probably very few days I wouldn't think about SP for a second or two at least. ;) The last dozen-odd months have been pretty nasty in some regards, though it had already been tough enough before. How are your little scoundrels? Have you instilled them with the love of Old Will above Cartoon Network?

Back to university is kinda cool (with stress on kinda). I'd been doing that from September to June, meaning some very busy weekends on top of busy weeks to finance it. And on 1 July the waiver of legal requirement of that course I was taking came into effect. But at least I have a relevant post-Master's course for the alternative job that's been the source of my income for the last 2+ years.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I need to beat my computer more. It's getting slow.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Was supposed to be learning C++, however most of the Java I've learnt has become very foggy as well :doh:

At the moment I just want to finish the course, starting to get tired of university and have little faith in employment prospects seeing how unmanageable my health in general is getting.

Crazy cat lady is always an option :D

20. Triactus

Media:
    Uhhh, the first show for my play is tonight. We had the final dress rehearsal last night and it went suprisingly well (the previous rehearsal was just ugly). There were still a lot of technical mishaps so I'm a nervous wreck today...

Wish me luck!! :bad:

8people likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.