1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

True, but I was a bit paranoid since a user with a very similar name turned out to be a spammer in another forum I was on :) .

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    See, you only need one explanation.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Make wrong movement and push a glass into your kitchen sink:

Experience: +100
    Glass shards: +57
    Crystal glass: -1

:nolike:

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Greetings from the cold north; winter is coming :p

Anyway, I can't believe my dearest niece, Jeanne, is going to be three years old next week. I can so clearly remember holding her in my arms mere days after her birth. She's talking now; though she still struggles with some consonant which makes her speech somewhat difficult to grasp.

Also, it is now apparent that there's way too much "wikias" (wikiases? what's the plural ???)

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Wikias. Unless it's the plural of wiki, which would be wikis.

"There are way too many wikias."
    "There is way too much wikia." ?

Also your niece will be 18 next year. Next year is 2026.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Have I slept that long ? I could've swear yesterday was Sunday, november 6th, 2011. Oh well coffee time.

Edit: 11/08/2011; Coke (the drink, not the drug) malkes Sambuca almost toleravbloe. I'm drunk, or am I ? No, I'm drunbk. Damn, Even Drunk I can shoot accruratly in Mass Effect. Damn I love thoses games. When are they gonna realease the third when ???

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    T minus 2 hours until 11-11-11.

(Steam unlocks Skyrim)

((dx11 everything high))

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Jub hunting was successful. I am an FTE now. Signed the contract this morning :)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Ragusa

Media:
    Full Time Employee ^^

Worked my ass off for that.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Congradulations Ragusa! How's the job security now? Is it time to start sleeping and playing games on the job now? :p

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Congrats for the job! I'm still looking for a job myself, I recently applied for a part time job in a photography shop, y'know selling high-end cameras to snob photographer and rich brats, 'twould be part time, as I still need to go to Uni. Why don't they call me ?! Why !

Meh, one of my Icewind Dale Collection CDs is scratched and unreadable, damn. How am I supposed to replay this classic now ? Anyway I kinda anticipated compatibility problems with win7 and besides, 640 X 480 stretched to full screen on a widescreen 22 inches screen would look awful. I don't remember if IWD supported 800 X 600, or was it only BG2 ?

14. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

If i'm lucky, I may get to do an interview for the Real News Network. Doing my first viewable piece of journalism would be awesome.

Also, i'm totally digging the work of comedian Lee Camp right now. He could be the next Bill Hicks or George Carlin.

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd guess because of that attitude toward your potential customers! :)

16. Ofelix

Media:
    I meant call me for an interview, I won't be such a jackass during the actual interview, if there's one. Besides I'm not entirely wrong about these "potential customer" now am I ? :lol:

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Ah well, the company I work in is traded at the stock exchange, has a Dutch i.e. anglo-saxon-ish cultured corporate HQ, which means quarterly goals are to be achieved that not necessary take into account what actually is to do at a given time, and if nobody has a better idea, staff cuts are always an easy way to achieve the cost reductions demanded by HQ.

And then, even an open ended contract as the one I got means little if the company wills it. As the saying goes, a way to deal with an contract of indeterminate duration is dismissal with immediate effect :D It only means that if they ever want to lay me off I get somewhat better conditions. But so dire thoughts when I haven't even start to work on my new position ... :nono:

And as for gaming at work, nah, I doubt that'll work.

18. Ragusa

Media:
    :rolleyes: Yeah, looking forward to staying at work till or beyond 20:00 since a colleague managed, with the best of intentions and an uncanny knack of getting things exactly backwards, to pretty much destroy the data for a book that, naturally, is due to be ready tomorrow. I have the pleasure to clean up the ruined structure after him. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

And I told him to do his regular checks after every change ... but no ... No time for that! Due date is closing in! Ack! Why does he think I tell him? I know what can happen if one doesn't and this is manifest proof of that *sigh* ... at least the damage done is consistently patterned.

Let me just once, just once, work with professionals.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why are you left to clean up after him? Should you not throw it back at him and tell him to do it right?

20. Ragusa

Media:
    He's away for the rest of the week. Tasking him with the clean-up wouldn't keep my deadline. That's the only reason I do it.

Considering that I am his supervisor, I will have opportunity to give him an appropriate feedback. Apropos ...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.