1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I love it when you train people and you can hear their brains grinding and screeching while you have to explain everything three to four times. It only gets better when they then ask with stupefying sullenness, two hours in the training: "Err, do I need to remember all that?"

"Naturally you don't. The only reason I spent two hours telling you this is because it amuses me."

/sarcasm

Frighteningly, that one was a dud ... I needed to explicitly explain that, indeed, what I told was indeed essential to the work the trainee was to do for the next two months :rolleyes: Working with what you have ... :rolleyes:

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Unbelievable! Reminds me of people from highschool and college: "Do I need to know this for the test?" No, the teacher is telling you this for no reason just to waste your time. Too funny.

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So we ask our client if a certain type of wheel is to be sold within the next few days. They say no, so we ship the wheels to an additional warehouse and moment later the first order for those wheels comes in.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    One of my mates has been taken into hospital with a brain aneurysm :(. He complained of a splitting headache, and then he said it got crippling and felt as if something has exploded in head or something. Rushed to hospital yesterday morning and they are operating on him today :(.

Hope he's going to be OK. I was only out drinking with him 2 days ago he was tip top! Life is ****ing fragile. He needs to be OK...

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That sucks. Life is indeed fragile.

Ribs are fragile too - I seem to have broken some of mine. :nolike:

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well considering he's messaged me saying '‎.....brain surgery? Pffft. Get me a pint and a kebab x' I think it's safe to say the op went OK. I think he'll be out of action for a but, but still, huge relief. In typical bromance fashion I sent him a message calling him a bell end.

Can rest easier now!

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Good thing Barmy! Glad to hear he's better!

8. Triactus

Media:
    I hate winter with a passion. I thus dislike autumn because winter is coming (haha, games of thrones). But there is one thing I love about this time of year. CAAAAAAAAANNNDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... That is all.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sissy :D :p

I cycle 50 miles every week, in every weather until snow sets in, and currently I still do that wearing shorts (and gloves, a warm jacket, and a beanie; I'm not crazy after all). I can only say that it's very invigorating. We had 2 °C in the morning and will have about 10°C during the day; it's sunny. However, this morning, it was so cold that I consider to reconsider the shorts part. Prudence will soon dictate that I wear long pants.

Also, the rising sun in the morning fog, and that milky golden light from that flat angle, is beautiful sight to behold, not to mention the golden alleys with the leaves on the ground.

Autumn and winter each have their own beauty. I can't wait for snow, even though it will cut into my biking :(

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This is my first Autumn in fifteen years without any painkillers. My pain levels greatly increase when there is a change in air pressure, an increase in damp and cold.

I don't like it :p

Earliest I can get back on anything is Halloween assuming I get the appointment.

11. Dami757 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I hear you on that one.

I take a type of "pain" killer as well, and I can't be off of it or I suffer two days of zombie-mind.

I think my greatest fear has become running out of meds.

I know, no real comparison to your pains, but I thought I would just say, "I hear thee."

12. Dami757 Gems: 1/31

I'm looking at the blog portion of this website and trying to get up the courage to post a Baldur's Gate character post. But who reads blogs?

Answer: Me. I read them. And I would still have at least one of mine going right now if only I received feedback.

I love feedback, except when it's flame-back:(

Thanks to blogs, I've met a couple of interesting, brave people that I still talk too. We share ideas back and forth, etc, etc.

Maybe I should just shut up and go blog:)

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Today we had the national presidential and local elections. I went, I saw, I voted.

Now I wonder if there was any way I could have found out more about the people on the local ballots; I'm still registered to vote in my hometown, and I don't have a clue about the people I was supposed to be voting for. Yes, it had their party affiliation, but that doesn't really mean all that much, especially on the local level.

For the presidential election, I had a mild idea which one of the top 3 candidates I want to support (or rather, least want to NOT see in office), so I went with that. There are no doubt better candidates imo (there were a total of 21), but all but the top 3 don't really have a chance. The weirdest part is that my landlord was actualy on the ballot - he was the candidate for president of one of the small agrarian parties. A bit weird, considering that he's a lawyer (or notary, I'm not actually sure) and used to run a real estate business, but there you go :) .

Edit: Hola, Dami! BTW, how many meanings of the word "morningstar" do you know?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The one that explains a busted head is enough.

15. Triactus

Media:
    Weeee. I had the costume halloween day at work. I dressed in the lucky charms character (the green leprechaun) and I won for funniest costume. My prize : a refurbished tablet pc... :jawdrop: Yeah it's refurbished, but it's a dual core 2 ghz with 4 gb of ram and 450 gb of disk space... all free... Very Happy And sunday, my dad gave my a 250 gb external drive cause he bought a tb drive. Wooo! It's christmas too early... :banana:

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sweet! Congrats! :)

17. Triactus

Media:
    The theme for my radio show tonight is 'death' since it's the day of the dead. For my segment, I will be talking about the possible employment opportunities for the undead. :D

18. Merlanni

Media:
    You might have heard that some car manufacturers call a recall on a certain type of car. Today the first wave of a recall for a certain type was launched.

The gas tank.

(t is not a Toyota)

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If anyone wants to knacker their shoulder royally I can reccomend trying to make meringues with only a fork.

20. Dami757 Gems: 1/31

Day Two of National Novel Writing Month.

I'm facing a word count of 1,600 words at least.
    Hope I can pull off the daily count......:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.