1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I assume that's when the knucklehead bosses have to pull out all the stops to make sure the focus isn't on them not doing anything but instead on the rank and file workers?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    One thing I learned in corporate life is that when crunch time comes, "Rank and File" means "Cannonfodder".

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No, this company is OK. Glad to be here. The bosses even help when it gets wild, even postphone meetings.

I just mean that every client dumps the slack on the same day in our laps.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 46 seconds later... ----------

Example. A client wanted 40 light allow wheels. I noticed 12 hubcaps were missing and reported it. Half an hour later I am handed the last 12

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm not really inclined to explain why but I'm once again unemployed. This is getting rather annoying. It seems that Life itself has something against me.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Wow Ofelix, sucks to be you :(

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Kev was unemployed for about six months at a time the past year and a half - you'll do much better than that at least.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A horrible time to be unemployed.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh Chai Tea you give me great comfort in this windy and sunless day. Granted tea isn't coffee, but it's still good. I drink too much coffee anyway, I figured I might replace some with tea, How graceful are the trees dancing at the wind's whim. There is a grand and old maple tree just outside my windows, in the neighbor's yard, I've always fond it fascinating and strangely peaceful.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have been the skunk at a bbq lately, when I brought with me shashlik, which, for lack of anything else in my fridge, and with me being to lazy to go shopping, which was impossible on a sunday anyway, was with chicken hearts, onions, bacon and apple on sticks. Some people were upset about it.

What can be possibly wrong about feasting on staked hearts?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, that sounds quite delicious. How did they turn out?

11. Ragusa

Media:
    Nice :) Liver-ish, but milder in taste, and with a better (i.e. less organic) texture than liver (the heart is a muscle after all). I spiced them with majoran, which also goes well with the apple and the bacon.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    On the plus side, you'll never be asked to bring anything to a BBQ again. Of course, on the downside, you'll probably never be invited to another one either.

Anyway, as we all know, simulation games can be hit or miss. But a street-cleaning simulator would seem to have all the ingredients for a sure-fire winner. However, this game apparently somehow manages to miss the mark.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    Ah well, it was that sort of people.: 'Oh it smells wonderful, what is it?' with an expresssion that turns from relaxed into disgust when you tell them it's heart ... :roll:

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Rags, if it's any consolation I wouldn't turn down that menu. :yum:

Looks like they used a "Hit and Miss" approach to designing the game and forgot about the "Hit" part. :D

15. Ofelix

Media:
    I thought this was an euphemism for some sort of mob control game or something but... no ? what ? I actually had this job once, I didn't need a game to tell me it's boring as hell :shake:. Which leads me to my next question; what were they thinking ?!

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's a simulator. This is the new medium for training future generations. I mean, hell, if it can work for fighter jets it can damn well work for street sweepers.

On a side note, someone rep Splunge for finding this gem. I can't (repped him <5 reps ago) and probably shouldn't rep while drinking anyway....

17. Merlanni

Media:
    And they still complain that we buy less games.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I love taking afternoon naps, it makes evening ever so nice. Sadly my jpb hunt hasn't been successful yet, thought it's barely been a week I shouldn't expect result so soon. Meh...

19. Ragusa

Media:
    Keep going, Flix. Good luck.

---------- Added 8 hours, 9 minutes and 38 seconds later... ----------

I had forgotten that donating blood somewhat impairs your ability to ride your bike, having an effect on my vision in particular. Next time I will eat more and rest somewhat before I move on, but today I was ever too busy, with a tight schedule. What a ride, all these things coming out of the blue ... :eek:

20. Merlanni

Media:
    Tyres, tyres, everywhere tyres. Small tyres, large tyres, mostly round tyres. Large tyres, huge tyres, etc etc. Winter is coming so every person has to have winter-tyres in the same week.

And all those tyres need wheels to be placed upon. I cannot ride the picking truck in straight lines any more. I have to slalom around tyres or wheels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.