1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That makes you think. That economy works better than ours.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Seriously. Dissertation sucks. I will be very glad when it is done and gone.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    How do I vote for the Council of Six in the next general election?

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Better keep you off.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hello to you all;

I've decided to come back after receiving a happy birthday note from the site (much obliged automated reply script!), I had almost forgotten about BoM. Anyway as it should be apparent for some, I come and go for long periods of time on this website. I'm like the wind or ... I dunno... something that come and go ? A Monarch Butterfly ? Or some sort of migratory animal ?

Hum, there doesn't seem to be a lot of new faces since last time I was around.

@ Triactus; Adobe Premier Pro ! That takes me back to my cegep years ! That bloody program that never seemed to do what I wanted :lol: Try editing a short film from 3 hours worth of material on a Pentium IV with 768ish mo RAM and a mediocre integrated GPU. 'twas not pleasant

@ Montresor; Cowled Wizards for Parliament ! :roll:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good to see you Ofelix! :)

7. Ofelix

Media:
    I've been having a lot of fun this afternoon playing Thy Dungeonman III
    Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Thou art surrounded by thy graphics :lol: awesome. Despite its look and feel 'tis a relatively new game. Anyway, since it's a text based adventure what's the first thing I did ? Tried to abuse the parser obviously :p

Not much else to say really; my new job doesn't start until September 6 so right now I've got tons of time to waste.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ah, Ofelix! As I recall you study History as well. Welcome back!

9. Ofelix

Media:
    Studied to be precise; I've changed direction and now I study linguistic.

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Hey Ofelix! Long time no see. Welcome back! :)

Did Irene trouble you last night? Went through Montréal yesterday and the rain and wind were something...

11. Ofelix

Media:
    You could say that yes. Damn Rain ! I had to put on a sweater 'cause of the cold ! A sweater, in August, madness ! Now Galarneau is up in the sky in all its majesty, still cold though currently 13 C.

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    ^^ Vindication for Triactus! ;)

Triactus likes this.
  13. Ofelix

Media:
    A query to all who have played Fable III; Can someone tell me what race your dog is ? Because I kinda want one in real life. Especially if it's real life counterpart is as gleeful as in the game. Damn that dog hasn't got a care in the world. He's, without a shred of a doubt, the happiest creature in all of Albion :roll:. Plus it could dig up treasure for me too I guess.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    After an evening with a buddy ...
    * playing PS3
    * noting with utter dismay the simplistic horror of console user interfaces
    * lamenting the crudeness of the controls
    * bemoaning the console style over the top game mechanics and graphics
    * refreshing my fervent dislike of QTAs
    * registering with sadness that my buddy was actually satisfied with it
    ... I make hereby official my ruling that 'consolers' are a lesser breed of gamer.

You're welcome.

That said, as an occasional guilty pleasure, consoles are tolerable, if barely. Also, console games, in all their simplicity, can safely and conveniently be played drunk, which is an occasional and situational advantage. Try to go on a raid in an MMO drunk. Impossible, your mates will kill you.

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Lesser breed eh? Switch "console gamer" with "MMO gamer" and we totally agree mate'. I tried a mumorpuger once for about an hour, I had to wash myself afterward since I was terrified I had contracted a severe case of "the retardation" :p :facepalm:

.... Please don't take my answer too seriously I certainly didn't :lol:

16. Ragusa

Media:
    You see - usually I play RPGs. IMO that's the real thing. I have already gotten myself DeusEx 3 and will play it tomorrow and over the weekend.

Point about MMOs is that to play them properly in a raid you better be concentrated and know what you're doing or the rest of the party dies, your mates get pissed over the waste and loss of limited and precious game time and don't take you with them the next time. MMOs are pretty unchallenging when you play solo and level. They are something else entirely when playing the raids in teams. I have myself kicked players out of my parties for their poor performance. Nothing more annoying than having to replay an instance only because some bum fumbled the fight, didn't do his job, or got everybody killed.

Besides, I rank FPS players only slightly above console gamers. At least they're using PCs.

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

Besides, coupling the DeusEx 3 with Steam is a crap idea and a big turn-off already, and the game isn't even installed yet.

17. Ofelix

Media:
    [​IMG] Oooohkay, what have you got against console ? Did a Mega Drive (that's the Sega Genesis if your not European) beat you up for lunch money in elementary school or what ? Btw, I'm not offended or anything I just tried to be funny by being a sarcastic smartass (I did say try ok?). As far as I'm concerned I'm enjoying my console games, a lot, and I'm not about to let someone else opinion's change that. I may not agree but you're still entitled to your opinion.

Deus Ex 3 is out ? Damn, under what rock have I been living ? Do let us know if it's awesome m'kay ?

Augh, the only booze left in the house is Sambuca ?! Ewwwwww. That's barely a drink at all. I need a manly alcoholic beverage like um, Gin or Chartreuse or Red Wine, hell I'd even settle for nice cold one.

Oh wow :kneel:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  18. Ragusa

Media:
    Ofelix,
    so you're one of them. Figures. :p

No, the fun for me was in writing my first post mimicking the style an international convention, with preamble, making my verdict, incontestable anyway, even more final. And I really don't like consoles. IMO console controllers are have been developed by donkeys for monkeys.

And as for manly drinks, you need decent bourbon.

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Alright, this is getting old let's agree to disagree ok ?

Anyhow, got a dentist's appointment later today, bleh. Also being broke is getting annoying, can't wait for my new job to start.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The hilarity of the analogy aside, this is just another example of 2 words with almost identical spelling but pronounced differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.