1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If it was really a snow plow, it shouldn't be that hard for the police to find a damaged one in the area...

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    A procrastination hai-ku, for Saber:

Snow falls from heaven,
    to cause great joy and mischief,
    as soon as it lands.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Tal, the actual steel plow hit it, and those things are pretty tough - it shredded the metal of my friend's car, but it looks like the guy just clipped him. Who knows. But if the police don't pick up the damn phone, how can they find the guy? It should also be easy because the city should know who was out and about at that time - a lot of snowplows have GPS, or at least the company should have a log of who drives which plow.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm off to France tomorrow for work. I get there Sunday morning, spend the day traveling to Ales, work three days and go back home on Thursday morning. I've never been to France -- it sucks that I'll not be able to take some time to enjoy the area.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why do you have to be back Thursday morning?

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Looks more like a trebuchet to me...
    ION, Hoggetowne Faire starts tomorrow, so I'll be busy the next two weekends.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Apparently I've been panicking over nothing but that still doesn't alleviate the anxiety :skeptic:

At least I'm not having full on night terrors yet!

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My anniversary is on Saturday. If there are problems on Thursday, I can still come home Friday. If I'm delayed past Saturday I'm just planning on staying in France and joining the Legionnaires -- it will be far less painful than missing the anniversary.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why don't you surprise her and buy her a ticket for Thursday to the area of France you are in; then you two crazy kids make a weekend in France for your anniversary? Someone could watch the kids for a few days, no?

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    Unfortunately, no. There is no one who is available to watch the kids and Mrs Bruno refused the eight hour flight.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You could probably find a reasonably priced service to render her unconcsious and have her shipped overnight as a romantic surprise.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wow I've forgot how awesome Civilization V was in an online game with friends. This is going to be a tough fight, my enemy's military forces are roughly the same strength as mine. I do have more ally though.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    Rode the 17 km back from work on my bike again the first time this year, in -4°C. Glorious, except for the cold. Having not worn long johns, I probably just escaped freezing my a** off. God was I cold when I arrived. And having not worn glasses, I had bloodshot eyes from the cold air.

Warmth Good! Food Good! Sleep Good!

Argue with that.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought it was Sunday tomorrow :xx:

Neuropathy got to the point where on Friday I turned to my drug drawer and went "Well I know they made me a bit sleepy last time..."

Somehow forgot the part where it's taken me not being allowed to lie down and having to put music on and have Kev shake me every few minutes to stay awake :lol:

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Moving to make good on my new years resolutions to do more sports, I got myself a new pair of running shoes, and a high-vis yellow running/bike jacket (Montane Featherlite, if anyone is interested).

The latter is a long standing priority anyway, since I really prefer to be seen when running or riding my bike.

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We are looking at possibly 2 feet of snow here tonight. Unfortunately, it is going to drop to -9 overnight on Wednesday night. So no snow forts to build with the kids. My father-in-lw does have a nice zero-turn with plow/blower hooked up to the front, so at least I get to play a bit.;)

17. Alorekent Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Here we gooo

Babble, babble, babble.

18. Ragusa

Media:
    We had some snow also, less than a centimetre, so it won't be keeping me from using my bike.
    Except for that, I am tired, just got up and will go to work soon - but my coffee is still to hot to drink.

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Grr, i'm cold and tired, but I have a cup of tea. I guess things aren't so bad.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    It was a bad idea to take the bike. It's a b*tch to drive on slippery streets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.