1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to spend a week at the North Sea in October! Yay! Eventually, a holiday!

Great prospect, except for the fact that October is the rainiest month at Borkum :skeptic:

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Apparently some of my jewellery is classified as a dangerous weapon :hmm:

Also, not enjoying the cold.

I also love lamb, see no problem from killing from necessity, it's the unfortunate indulgence side of things that tends to get in the way. I also see satisfying cravings as a necessity and sometimes I've just got to eat something dead and shut in a hot iron box for a period of time sufficient to make it brown and tasty. :yum:

3. Ragusa

Media:
    I fell with my bike two weeks ago; I just picked the presumably last residual stone out of my left palm. Fun!

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What is Thanks giving? I've never actually known what that's all about

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's where we North Americans (or the US at least) give thanks to the Native Americans for giving us all their land in exchange for trinkets :)

6. Ragusa

Media:
    A generous gesture. What noble spirit!

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cool, so you eat, drink and be merry over the fact that you stole a load of land off a bunch of innocent people who were doing a damn sight better job of looking after the country than you? Smashing

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

Also, what's Independance day all about? Other than the film about the aliens

8. Ragusa

Media:
    Silvery,
    so harsh? No worries, BTA was kidding.

9. Silvery

Media:
    Ah right. I thought he meant it. So, it's basically a very commercial version of our harvest festival?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe, yes I was kidding. The origin as I understand it is the folks who landed at Plymouth Rock gave thanks to God for surviving their first winter and had a feast along with the Native Americans to celebrate.

And Independence Day celebrates our independence from you limeys :) Now the kidding part of that is calling you a limey :)

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yep! There's no better way to celebrate the stomping of the Brits than to blow up a small portion of this fine land I call home! :bigeyes:

In other news, me and two of my buddies went shooting on the west side of Utah Lake today. I brought some 18" round by 1" thick quartz windows from work. I shot my window with my dad's 30-30, Ryan shot his window with his 30-06, and Tyler was trying to shoot his window with Ryan's rifle...but he took too long, so I picked up my new 10/22 and fired off a shot which shattered half of it. He got all butthurt...me and Ryan laughed. :shake:

12. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Why don't people celebrate Dependence Day? I mean an extra Holiday wouldn't hurt... right?

:lol:

13. Silvery

Media:
    Of course not, I've never been in the Navy!

Ah, you Americans and your quaint little holidays. The people running Hallmark must light their cigars with $50's :lol:

14. Ragusa

Media:
    Even funner: I picked two stones out of my palm yesterday, and there still is at least one left. Bleh.

Four stones? WTF!

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sigh, I really going mt. biking. It's like 3 weeks already and no decent ride due some unforeseen events.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't even ride a bike!

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

My dad gave me a bike 3 weeks ago. The damn chain keeps slipping, putting LKD Junior at risk. I want to ride and get all healthy, but I don't want to sing soprano. I had a friend try to fix it, but he had no luck.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You may need to change out the sprockets and chain.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know how much that would set me back, but these days I don't even have 40 bucks to spare for that sort of thing. But you're probably right, T2.

20. Silvery

Media:
    I had a cold last week that lasted all of 2 days. It was 2 days of that specific type of hellish yuk that comes with a cold but then I was better. Woke up today and seem to now have the tail end of it. I can't stop blowing my nose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.