1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The weapon laws are bloody ridiculous pretty much in every civilized country. Way o'the world, it would seem, and a good reason not to be lawful... one of many, id est.

Am I the only one who had spent ten minutes playing with the fullerene in Google two days ago? :D

Silvery, well, at least the girl does not have any real problems, it would seem. Good for her, if not for anyone else. :lol:

Is there a way of telling someone that you do not like their art without inducing lots of IRL butthurt...?

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey Rags, I got my Swiss Knife with 3in blade confiscated in Beijing's airport about 8 years ago.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Rags, there are workarounds... I own a black steel blade about the same length, and it also has a 2.75in saw. The saw is legal, the blade is not, removed the blade, and there you go. Funny because the saw can cause a hell of a lot more damage.

Just call it "New age abstract art". Nobody will be the wiser. :evil:

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just tell them that "I'm sure van Gogh* couldn't have painted this!" Then add under your breath, "Except maybe with his eyes closed..." :evil:

*Adjust as needed for other art forms.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    From what I've seen locally, you could easily replace van Gogh with 'my 4 year old nephew'. :shake:

I went to the Starving Artist show/sale, and almost everything there was horrible looking. Seriously, *I* could have painted better than most of what was there....and I have no artistic skills whatsoever. :rolleyes:

In other news, my desk lamp's bulb has officially died. It takes some oddball CCFL bulb that's impossible to find locally. Luckily, I have a spare...but it's in my storage unit. And that would mean I'd have to get dressed, drive down there, get it, drive back, and then swap the bulbs...all of which takes effort that I'm just not willing to put forth today. :sleep:

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    And now for a serious response ... ;)

They should be able to handle it if they really presume to be an 'artist' (one who makes their art available for public scrutiny). If they can't, then you're probably doing them a favor by toughening them up with your criticism. They'll either get over it or they'll withdraw from the artist category - win/win. :)

Otherwise, if you lie to or patronize them, that's actually worse than being honest about disliking their work, ultimately, because then they won't know the truth. Besides, there's no accounting for taste, as they say, so one person not lking their art shouldn't be the end of the world for them.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I saw some early Picasso's at the Van Gogh museum a few years ago. They were hideous, crude and seriously looked like they were done by a four year old. Best painting I saw there was Wheatfields under Thunderclouds, which I have as a poster hanging over my bed:

[​IMG]
    (it's a lot darker than this image)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  8. Disciple of The Watch

F'N day shift tomorrow... how to sum up my day in a couple of images:

[​IMG] -> Stupid morons who can't STFU
    [​IMG] -> What I want to do to them, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and on and on
    [​IMG] -> Damn that feels good
    [​IMG] -> The reward of existence

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A few years ago I got really sick after eating lamb at a wedding (never did like the stuff but I wasn't going to cause a problem at the wedding). For a few years after that I avoided the stuff as the memory still made me feel ill. When I started seeing Rob, his mother would always cook lamb when we went down and, as I was trying to be the perfect future daughter in law I always smiled and ate it. Rob finally told her I didn't like it and all has been fine and I haven't had to touch the stuff for years.

Last night Rob used the George Forman grill to cook himslef some lamb burgers. I started feeling ill but thought nothing of it. This morning I had to clean out the drip tray (he never bothers! Grr) and started feeling ill again. I've just realised that the smell of the stuff is enough to make me vomit.
    Bless Rob, he adores lamb but has now said he'll never cook it in the house if I'm in. He's a good fella :D

(This post was brought to you with a lack of caffiene, the author makes no apologies for any lack of sense)

10. Kitrax

Media:
    I only like lamb on a rare occasion...and it has to be cooked just right, otherwise it's just nasty. [​IMG]

11. Disciple of The Watch

Funny how the human race thinks of taking a fellow human's life as absolutely wrong, yet having no problem eating slaughtered young animals. And don't make the mistake of assuming I care about animals... I don't. I just find that highly amusing. What else is a human, besides an "intelligent" animal?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  12. Kitrax

Media:
    Hmmm...what about a Corrosive, abrasive, Rated-R pissed off SOB? :evil: :p :evil:

In other...slightly less evil...news, I pulled up to a truck at a stop light that had two black labs wandering around in the bed. So I whistle at them to get their attention...and the driver (a massive Werecow) flips me off and yells, "Don't F***ING whistle at my dogs!"
    I was already in a smart-arse mood, so I yelled back, "I was whistling at you B**CH!" [​IMG]
    The look on her broad face was priceless. It was a mixture of anger, shock, and pure dumbfoundedness. The light turned green, so I floored it and smoked her arse as my baby roared down the highway. :D

IOON...my feet are cold, and my slippers are elsewhere...I am not amused. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
    Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  13. Disciple of The Watch

Nothing wrong with that.

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way!

15. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Depends on the human in question.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I bought a Steel-O-Chain for my bike. Nice naming :D

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

After a weekend of poor diet choices, I wish I had a Steel - O - Ring!

18. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

LMAO!!!! I recently was sitting at a light and I could just feel the stare of the person next to me. I turn to see a very fat, ugly little chic staring me down. She immeditely says, all pissy of course, "What are u looking at?" Since my little ones were in the car, I had to keep it clean, so my response was "Well, I'm guessing Jabba's firstborn":D

19. Kitrax

Media:
    You haven't trained your kids to plug their ears when you shout, "Earmuffs!" or something similar? :hmm:

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Left a party at 2:00, came home at 7:00. :sleep: Went to train station that brought me to the party. It was completely locked down so I had to walk about 8 kilometers to the nearest train station that wasn't closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.