1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    My day is a bit *****y, so i'm going to cure it the only way I know how. Back to the Future marathon!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I want one!!! :bigeyes:

Your day would suddenly become less s***y and more awesome if you replaced "Back to the Future marathon" with "Futurama marathon"... :thumb:

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You'd be more than welcome and I'd gladly pay your air fare and stay. Just as long as all hornets were driven to Asia who probably deserve them anyway. :evil:

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I gave up on the BttF marathon, decided to get pissed instead.

Woot?

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Getting pissed is always good

---------- Added 9 hours, 45 minutes and 56 seconds later... ----------

Just heard (excuse the pun) that I didn't get on my level 3 BSL course. Bit gutted but I was kinda expecting it. I let my nerves get the better of me and screwed it up. Ah well, c'est la vie...

6. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You will kick their sorry asses next time, Silvery :).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A colleague took half a day off because she wants to bring her (first ever) cat to the doctor, to have her, erm, ultrasounded, because the little thing got knocked up. Well, actually, after she got that little thing knocked up. It's not that she wants to breed cats. Apparently, she just likes kittens.

She planned to impregnate said cat because her cat was in heat. My advice 'well, leave her out for a day and things will settle themselves' was not heeded, but deemed cruel and heartless (guilty as charged) - she rented a 'gentle tomcat' to mate with her cat (I heard for around $100, no kidding). Right. I guess with those backwards-pointing spines on their tool gentleness appears to be not exactly what cats mating is about, but who am I to judge, or mention, that.

What silliness. I love cats, dearly, but that? Where I come from cats get preggers and then have kittens - which is why one ought to spay them. No doctor unless something out of the ordinary happens. That aside, I have a stark feeling that she is grooming a spoiled, obnoxious horror of a cat. Well, not my problem, and she probably deserves it :evil:

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Rags - That woman needs the words 'Crazy cat lady FAIL!' tattooed on her forehead.
    The only way I could see her justifying that is if she had a purebred and was mating it with another purebred. But seeing as how she "rented" a lousy tomcat....well, she's an idiot. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

A gentle tomcat? Seriously... someone has a problem with humanization. Am I terribly wrong in my stereotypical and superficial assumption that she might be one of the women who should have children, but for some reason never got a chance to raise one? ;)

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This happened in Coventry recently (cat lovers look away):

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Ragusa

Media:
    Ladies at work have started to bring cake to my desk. Sometimes when I leave my desk, there is a piece of cake when I return ... I greatly appreciate it since I deserve it :D

Sadly, one of the generous cake donors is weird, while the others are taken. The cake is good in either case.

I wonder, however, what's the motive? Do they like me? Or do they think I talk less when I eat? Or is it appeasement? Or a way to dispose of the rotten leftovers from the weekend without having to throw away food? :hmm:

12. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

And maybe, just maybe, the cakes have been poisoned with a slow - acting substance. You will have three days to find a cure - and you will. The whole quest will involve lots of guns, a helicopter, evil Russian scientists and a beautiful woman. The evening of the third day will find you cured of the effects, spending some quality time with your family, as the sun will be setting on the horizon. They will show it all in movie theaters, too. Just remember who forewarned you when you take the Oscar! :D:D:D

Silvery... wow. Had they found out why would she do that? I simply have to know.

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    No, you only need to take a tome of wisdom to the priest of Umberlee. That fixes most things.

14. Silvery

Media:
    She's being investigated by the RSPCA I believe. I'll have a look on the news and find out

15. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Tehehehe! :D

Maybe she was just being CE. Then again... too peaceful. :D She seemed almost serene when she threw this cat there.

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Feeling a little cocky lately? :p

As for the taken one, maybe bringing you cake is her way of telling you that she thinks you're soft and crumbly...like cake. :evil:

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I could so follow up Kit's comment about cake, but given the constrictive, censoring PG rating...

To hell with that. So I just... fog.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  18. Ragusa

Media:
    I fell with my bike two days ago and I eventually succeeded in plucking out all the little stones that stuck in the palm of my left hand. Oh the fun!

I did a 5km run yesterday and I had a moment of crisis after 3km, that I was able to overcome thanks to a half pint of Kölsch that I was offered, which enabled me to run on for the remaining two kilometres ;) Cardio-wise I have no problems running atm, since I do my 17km every day on the bike. But running needs different muscles and they gave me trouble. Anyway, I got through, in a semi-respectable time. My muscles are somewhat sore today and it will be worse tomorrow.

I am now going to get moderately drunk on 'red Federweisser' (which is a contradiction in terms, but never mind) while playing Mass Effect 2 :) Cheers :beer:

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maybe his own. Hopefully not anyone else's (at not without their permission).

:p

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Hah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.