1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That little box on the eHarmony ad on the forums main page should say "Accidentally mouse over for sound." :heh:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Why I hate PDF? Simple. Back in my crappy computer tech PSD, those F'N bastards were anal about our notes being in ****ING PDF format, then they verified them. I assume it was so we'd make our own notes instead of copying someone else's... but it was a ****ING PAIN IN THE ASS!

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So you hate PDF because it was used by a former employer to make sure you actually did your job?

4. Disciple of The Watch

Not an employer, this was school. If this was work, it would be a different matter.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    In my case, it's the faculty who do not know how to create one, and end up with 2-3GB pdfs that student would then expect to be able to print on our 12 year old laser printer that has 64MB memory... :mad:

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How so?

7. Disciple of The Watch

Professional documents done in PDF format, I can understand. But at school, forcing us to PDF the F'N notes, that's bulls---. It was perfectly friggin fine as a plain text document, so what was the point except wasting my time?

Then again, this class WAS a waste of time.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I grilled steak for dinner tonight. I took some advice on grilling steaks from my buddy...and OMFSM! They turned out awesome! :yum:

No marinades, no tenderizing, just a quick rub of black pepper and a pinch of salt...followed with a light brushing of EV olive oil right before I took them off the grill. I ended up eating an entire 25oz steak that was supposed to be two servings...but it tasted so good, I decided to eat it all. :D

Half-way thru the week, and I can mark off Gluttony, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Greed, and Anger. All I have left is Pride...which I technically just did with the first half of this post. :p

Sliv - who needs an entire week? :evil:

(note: OMFSM = Oh My Flying Spaghetti Monster (my "God") ) ;)

9. Splunge

Media:
    I like steak, but with salad, potatoes, vegies, etc., usually 6-8 ounces are enough for me.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You may have to explain each of these words to Kit. :p

ION, I just had a guy over to remove several thousand small but most unwelcome squatters from an air duct. :nolike:

11. Kitrax

Media:
    I don't eat rabbit food on a regular basis. Along with all that steak, I had a handful of olives, and a baked potato.

Crawling or flying? :mommy:

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  12. Montresor

Media:
    Flying. And stinging, if you get too close.

Fortunately we don't have any crawlies in this place that I can't handle myself by pouring a potful of boiling water over their nest. :evil:

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Got a busy day today. Working 1-3 at the hospital for the RNID then off to Gatehead (about 50 miles away) for an interview to do my next sign language course at 5.15. Added to that we've just finished having our garage converted to a playroom so I have to find time to gloss the skirting boards today :(

14. Disciple of The Watch

12:64 has been reached. Interesting, to say the least. Not what I expected.

Withdrawal is a b----, too.

15. Kitrax

Media:
    Bees don't like smoke...have DotW come over. The bees will either be gone, or they'll just be chill'n in the hive listening to Bob Marley.... :p

16. Disciple of The Watch

BWHAHAHA! Don't forget about the muncheez! :hippy: :hippy: :hippy: :hippy:

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    no honey no cry

18. Montresor

Media:
    Unfortunately they were hornets*, not bees. At least bees can make themselves useful by producing honey. The only thing hornets produce is the trouble we have to go through to get rid of the useless little buggers. :nolike:

* More precisely Common Wasps, or Vespula Vulgaris. I prefer calling them "Flying, stinging pests".

19. Disciple of The Watch

Monty, I'll drown them in smoke so bad Asia is going to have an ecological disaster from a foreign species of hornets invading it.

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I went to the gamescom today, and here are my impressions on the games currently interesting for me, off the top of my head:

* I spent 2½ hours waiting to see three videos and play Old Republic for 15 minutes. I am happy I brought food and drink with me. I like the game, even though it is an MMO game. Feels like KotoR cross bred with WoW. Graphics are nice, but somewhat simple. The demo movies made a big deal out of the extent to which voice acting was used. It does have the Star Wars flair. Nice of the staff - they periodically distributed t-shirts to the people in the cue. Yay!

* I played Dragon Age 2, after only half an hour waiting. I got two inflatable swords.

* At the Square Enix stand I watched the E3 trailer for Deus Ex 3 that I had seen before. A guy from Square Enix offices in Montreal demo played a bit for us. The area he played was from the in-game trailer - which strongly reminded me of the original DeusEx (which is a good thing). Graphics are polished. Game play appears to be interesting. Think Metal Gear Solid. Amusing: You can play that through-the-wall attack from the trailer. The hero reminds me more of Solid Snake than of J.C. Denton. The game characteristics (apparently there is always a silent or non lethal way) of Deus Ex appear to have been retained. What makes me sceptic is that the interface does look little console-ish. That's what wrecked Deus Ex 2.

* A demo for Bioshock 3 was only given to press and not to us plebs.

* A demo for Witcher 2 was not given. I got a nice poster though.

* I had a look at the Drakensang sequel and it appears to play pretty mucgh like the last one with some refinements.

I skipped Starcraft, Diablo 3 and WoW and the FPS games like Crysis 2 for lack of time.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.