1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I have felt this way more than once myself... :lol:

I don't blame you there.

They are pretty kitties, but I've met too many psycho ones. I was house-sitting for my boss in May, and I was ready to mangle her Russian Blue by the end of it... crazy cat!

ION, I reformatted, reinstalled and reconfigured two friends latops over the past two days. Made the hard drive into logical drives so backup of data would be easy. I'd tell the whole story with Dell's customer service, but I'm too lazy to type that much tonight.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Gah! My eye!!! A torn contact is the most painful thing I've ever felt! Actually...getting it out was the worst. Stupid thing rolled up under my eyelid, and I ended up scratching my eye up pretty bad. I can't even open my right eye... :wail:

This lack of depth perception has made this the most difficult post to ever...errr...post. :rolleyes: Hell, I can type better than this when I'm totally wasted. Thank the FSM for MS Word! :xx:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Had that happen in a shop, not the tearing part, but I 'lost' my contacts, wasn't too paiful to get out, just awkward. Especially when three other people are shouting about WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO TO HOSPITAL! THEY WILL NEED TO OPERATE TO REMOVE THEM! OH SWEET MERCIFUL GODS!

It's a fricken contact that's managed to get around my eye, shut up and let me concentrate!

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate that! I always tend to tear them when I'm tired :( that's why I mostly wear my glasses these days....well, that and the fact that it's easier when I'm running around trying to sort out the child on a morning!

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I once tried to remove my contact, but I was a little tired at the moment so I found myself pulling my cornea :X

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We now have Reason #243 of 'Why Not to Stick Things in Your Eye'....

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    People flip out all the time about touching your eyes, but it's no big deal - no inherant 'risk of infection' or anything like that as long as you don't have an open wound there. I think it's mainly a sensibility/sensitivity thing for other people, like in 8's account. (OMG she's TOUCHING HER EYE it must be a rogue CONTACT LENS that has rolled back INTO THE BRAIN! TO THE HOSPITAL, quick, BEFORE WE LOSE HER!)

I've put them in and taken them out and dug them out every which way. No big yanks.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My grandad had a fly that flew into his eye (that sentence is uneccessarily awkward) and it broke a vessel. The whole white of his eye went bright red :D lasted about a week or so before it went almost as quickly as it appeared. I wasn't bothered by it, he'd given fair warning when phoning afterall, but seeing the look on everyone elses' faces when they saw him at first was priceless. Everyone was squeamish at work as well.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

This track sums up my day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ouch. My wike tore the suface of her eye (we think it was due to a grain of sand), and it took months for it to properly heal.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Good thing it didn't happen to your wife, I might have felt an ounce of sympathy for a second. :p

After 12 hours of hibernation, I'm back to glasses...but at least I can see through both eyes again. My right eye is still bloodshot as it was last night, but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: How I managed to turn "wife" into "wike" I'll never know. I can't even blame it on the "adjacent key syndrome". Just another example of my fingers having minds of their own. :D

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh dear. My sister just called to say that mum is watching live TV on the V+ box and can't understand how it works. She waits until the adverts, pauses it and goes to the loo so that she doesn't disturb anyone...she thinks that when she pauses it, it pauses for everyone in the country. Her new worry is that if she fast forwards a programme she might go too far and go past the end of the 'film reel' :lol:

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought it odd to mention 'wike' -- I thought she was youw twue wove.

16. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hahahahahaha, Silvery :D. My great grandmother ('twas in the good ole '60, mind you) was absolutely sure the people she saw through the screen could see her, as well. One time grandmother caught her changing into 'Sunday clothes' before watching a movie. She inquired as to why would she do that, and got a dead serious: 'Well, what would they think of me if I was just sitting there in 'em dirty, worn clothes!' as a response. Hilarity ensued.

17. Silvery

Media:
    :lol: ANyone doing anything interesting this weekend?

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Going to a wedding

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Studying philosophy. Philosophy is interesting, right? Right?

Aww, who am I kidding? I am not doing anything interesting this weekend.

20. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Work as heck, like the past week.. :coffee:

At least my two week vacation is coming up tuesday... :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.