1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

R.I.P Trent Acid

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just read the news that Trent Acid, an independent wrestler best known for his work in CZW and IWA-MS, passed away.

I remember when I watched the Cage of Death V DVD after I originally received it. Trent wrestled an incredible Iron Man title match against Jimmy Rave, and even though Rave ultimately won, Trent dished out one of many classic CZW matches. Trent also wrestled in the main event, the Cage of Death, as part of the Hi-V. The group was formed during IWA-MS's invasion of CZW, led by Ian Rotten, and their mission was to take over CZW. The Hi-V included the Messiah (at that time CZW World Champion, so the title was in the "enemy" camp), Trent Acid, B-Boy, Johnny Cashmere, Nate Hatred and Adam Flash. Those names might not sound familiar, but all of them have been in CZW, and for the most part were household names for fans of CZ-F'N-W.

The Cage of Death V was he culmination of the IWA-MS invasion. The match was innovative because of it's design... the Cage of Death, a second ring with one million thumbtacks in it, and to make one's way in the Cage of Death, one had to cross a suspended chain-link fence.

The match itself was incredibly brutal, including a lot of tables, a chain-link fence door, various trashcans, thumbtacks, cookie sheets, and many other such weapons. Trent Acid participated in this match after his Iron Man title match, and gave the fans one of the most memorable Cage of Death memories when he Yakuza Kicked Ian Knoxx from the suspended part of the cage through two tables below. When I first saw that, I was completely blown away, that was SERIOUSLY violent... nah, screw that, it was ULTRAVIOLENT.

In one night, Trent took part of two INCREDIBLE matches, and some of the most classic CZW memories.

Trent also had a decorated run with Johnny Cashmere as the Backseat Boys. Besides the H8 Club -- Wifebeater/Justice Pain, Nick Gage/Nate Hatred, Nick Gage/Justice Pain (the King of Ultraviolence AND the RECORD HOLDER as the one to have held the CZW World Title for the longest period, all reigns combined, Justice Pain held the belt for 800+ days in 5 Ultraviolent reigns.), the Backseat Boys in my book was one of the very best tag teams I had the pleasure to watch. Sure, it was not deathmatches, but who cares, it's AWESOME WRESTLING.

Thank you for all the great matches, Trent. Bless your soul and rest in peace, you cocky arrogant bastard! Your legacy will endure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.