1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quotes

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Riddley Walker, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  2. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If we start throwing movie quotes in:

Everything the Irishman in Braveheart says.
    "Father is this William Wallace?"
    Hamish: "Is your father a ghost or are you conferring with the lord allmighty?"
    Irishman: "Well I have to there are no other equals around"

"God says he'll save me but He's sure your ****ed"

And off course the speech of William Wallace as he comes riding onto the battlefield
    "Stay and you may die. Run and you'll live. But when you're dying in your bed many many years from now, you'll ask yourself if you wouldn't be willing to trade all the days from this day till that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the English that they may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

That one always sends shivvers down my spine.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[ October 12, 2002, 02:07: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

4. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A man who has nothing he believes in is just a collection of anther mans ideals.

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

As this is turning into a bit of a spam-fest, I'll share a couple of mine, many of which are somewhat personal in meaning...

Of course these all are wasted on most people here :p

6. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Tiamat, I really like "The Waste Lands"
    I think Stephen King wrote a story based on it...

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Did he? Can't say I'm that into horror, but what was it? A theater group that performed an adaptation of the Oresteia in Athens insterted various excerpts from random things in there...one of them was from Waste Land (to keep this OT, here it is...)

8. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Do I dare disturb the universe?

(This is my favorite quote of all time, but I forget the name of the poem it was in, the something something of J. Alfred Prufrock)

9. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

It was called The Dark Tower, and it's up to 4 books now (at least 2 more on the way). I don't know that I would call it "horror", at least not in the conventional sense. It's more of a a fantasy adventure, with a little bit of horror mixed in.

Stephen King said his inspiration came from "the Waste Land" and a poem by Robert Browning "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came" (I think that's the correct title).

10. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Here is one from the discworld series:

Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day.
    Put a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

11. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Give a beggar some food or money, and he'll eat for a day."
    "But give him a sword and teahc him to fight, and he'll live for two"
    Cant remember which of my friends told me thid for the first time but it's kinda nice.

"Try to deafeat me
    but try in vain
    when I win I'll end youre pain'
    Kenneth has this as his quote and it's kinda nice although he is a "I can crush the universe with my ego" guy!

Padeen.

12. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

Here's a really funny one from my Divine Divinity character stats:

Lightning Resist: 20 You have a near invulnerability to lightning based attacks. You can wear a copper helmet and stand in a vat of water on top of a church steeple during a storm, shouting "ALL GODS ARE B**TARDS" with impunity.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

14. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

My mom tells me that when I was five, she was trying to explain that she was having another baby. I asked her where the baby was going to come from and she said "It's in my stomach".
    She said that I looked confused for a few minutes, then looked at her and asked "did you eat that baby?"

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Here's something about the babies;

child : Dad, where do babies come from?
    father: The stork.
    child : You mean you're useless?

On with the topic:

"The pen is mightier than the sword.... but action speaks louder than words!"

"He who hesitate is lost.... but haste makes waste!"

Both from Reader's Digest

"Watch your thoughts... they become words.
    Watch your words... they become actions.
    Watch your actions... they become habits.
    Watch your habits... they become character.
    Watch your character... they become your destiny."

This one is not the exact quote and I can't remember who said it. But I always quote this to someone who wants to exact revenge.

"When you plot to get even with someone, you are simply letting them hurt you more."

16. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

"I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives I never have. I know that. I'm sure of it. Come. It is time to die."
    -Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

He's got himself into trouble again or i'm a bearded gnome!

Bruenor Battlehammer

18. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life... and not to discover, when I came to die, that I had not lived." -- Henry David Thoreau

"I have heard the mermaids singing each to each
    I do not think they will sing for me." -- T.S. Elliot

"O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life? Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse." -- Walt Whitman

"Then glut thy sorrow on a morning rose,
    Or on the rainbow of the salt sand-wave,
    Or on the wealth of globed peonies;
    Or if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
    Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
    And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes." -- John Keats

"If that boy's dad had taken him hunting he might have learned that death is not a video game."

19. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Margareth Atwood "words": A word after a word after a word is power.

Life is like a box of chocolats. You'll never know what you're gonna get. (Forrest Gump)

Ook? (discworld)

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others. (animal farm)

About the entire book of ecclesiastes (bible) this is one the best books in the bible, also great philosophy. The song turn, turn, turn from the byrds (?) is based on a part of ecclesiastes.

You can either believe in God or don't believe in God. If you believe in God and He does not excist you haven't lost much, if, on the other hand, you don't believe in God and he does excist you'll loose everything. therefore it is better to believe in God (Blaise Pascal)

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"I am the enemy you have killed my friend. Let's rest in peace now."
    From John Gardner's novell "The Dancing Dodo"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.